Biomedical Science PhD Applicants (Fall 2021)

bacteriagirl

On 1/15/2021 at 4:27 PM, Tcellenthusiast said:

Does anyone who is interviewing at Brown Pathobiology have a confirmed interview date yet? I sent my request in almost immediately after getting the invite email, and now the first one is next week and I haven't gotten any sort of info back yet about what day I am expected to be there. 

Have you heard back from them since your interview? 

On 2/15/2021 at 12:14 PM, ProspectiveGrad21 said:

For anyone who has interviewed with NYU Vilcek, when did you get your interview itinerary? My interviews are in 2 weeks and I haven't gotten any itinerary from them, but of course will reach out to them next week if I haven't heard from them already. Just curious for how close to the interviews NYU sends this info since I would like to skim through publications of the faculty I'll interview with.

I got my itinerary 6 days before my first interview day!

1 hour ago, vywe223 said:

Did anyone interview at MIT Biology during the first interview weekend hear back anything? The result page shows some acceptances, but I haven't heard anything yet. Maybe I am a goner. 

Accepted 2/12, which to my knowledge was when most offers from the first interview weekend went out.

2 hours ago, pipetteup said:

I got my itinerary 6 days before my first interview day!

Thanks for the reply! NYU is cutting it pretty close, but good to know they just haven't forgotten about me as I suspected haha. 

If you don't mind me asking, can you share what your interview experience was like for NYU Vilcek? It's the only interview invitation I got (applied to 10 schools) and I'm super nervous since my only chance in getting accepted to grad school is to get into NYU Med (lol I know).

Hey all! Has anyone heard back from Columbia CMBS after interviews? I know they said most decisions are made after the second interview weekend (this week), but wanted to know if someone had heard anything beforehand. Thanks ! ?

Edited by pompompurin

11 minutes ago, sciencegal8 said:

Did anyone interview @ Northwestern DGP Feb 11-12 and hear back from them? based on the results page it looks like they got back to people pretty quickly during the first few interview dates. the wait is brutal lol

They just sent me a decision letter yesterday and also the online application portal sent me an update. Best of luck!

1 hour ago, prayingforamiracle said:

Has anyone heard back from Indiana’s IBMG? Someone posted on the results page, but I haven’t heard anything yet ? 

I expected they start sending offers from next Monday but that result page just made me start worrying

2 hours ago, prayingforamiracle said:

Has anyone heard back from Indiana’s IBMG? Someone posted on the results page, but I haven’t heard anything yet ? 

I heard back on Thursday via email with an unofficial offer. Got the official offer today also via email! Good luck everyone??

28 minutes ago, Immuno_Emma said:

I heard back on Thursday via email with an unofficial offer. Got the official offer today also via email! Good luck everyone??

On Tursday did you ask for progress or they sent you the unofficial offer straight away?

1 hour ago, LCJYJY said:

I expected they start sending offers from next Monday but that result page just made me start worrying

I think if they started sending offers, then they’re doing so slowly because there is only 1 result on the results page. Idk maybe they’re sending offers on a rolling basis. I’m banking on IBMG so this whole waiting game has gotten my nerves skyrocketing through the roof.

On 2/19/2021 at 1:48 PM, vywe223 said:

Did anyone interview at MIT Biology during the first interview weekend hear back anything? The result page shows some acceptances, but I haven't heard anything yet. Maybe I am a goner. 

Not a goner. Current MIT grad student. Not hearing back after the first weekend does not mean that you are not still under consideration. Hang tight!