Biomedical Science PhD Applicants (Fall 2021)

bacteriagirl

Has anyone on here interviewed with Vanderbilt IGP yet, and if so how was it? Mine is upcoming and they haven't sent along any further info on the interview structure (beside the general/vague schedule that was included in the invitation email).

1 hour ago, helpert said:

Has anyone on here interviewed with Vanderbilt IGP yet, and if so how was it? Mine is upcoming and they haven't sent along any further info on the interview structure (beside the general/vague schedule that was included in the invitation email).

Hey! When did you you receive your invitation. I have applied but haven't heard back at all. 

On 2/2/2021 at 11:17 PM, T suppressors said:

Anyone else still eagerly waiting for an interview from MD Anderson ? I'm constantly checking my email but also praying not to receive a rejection. Being this late in the cycle and international, don't want to get my hopes high though..they'll probably have very very fews spots left for the last interview round anyway. Please share updates if anyone has any :)

I guess that's a good thing cause I got a rejection last week! Stay hopeful

Just now, MarP said:

I guess that's a good thing cause I got a rejection last week! Stay hopeful

Sorry about your rejection! I have emailed them today to ask if they are done sending out invites since its already the end of week and I was hoping to hear something. Lets see what they say. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, T suppressors said:

Sorry about your rejection! I have emailed them today to ask if they are done sending out invites since its already the end of week and I was hoping to hear something. Lets see what they say. Thanks!

I had asked like end of January and they said that they will be sending email for next/later rounds of interviews second-third week of February! Good Luck i hope you get one!!!

5 hours ago, MarP said:

Hey! When did you you receive your invitation. I have applied but haven't heard back at all. 

I got invited back around the week of Christmas. I know they sent out invites in batches but I’m not sure if they’re done yet or still sending them

10 hours ago, Immuno_Emma said:

Has anyone from the Jan 28-29 Northwestern DGP interviews heard back with acceptances from them? 

How was the interview? Did you receive your interview from your POIs?

10 hours ago, helpert said:

I got invited back around the week of Christmas. I know they sent out invites in batches but I’m not sure if they’re done yet or still sending them

I applied and haven't heard back yet either, I'm not international though.

From the trend I've noticed on gradcafe they mostly reach out on Mondays (some decisions trickle out through the week), but most are received on mondays (Eastern/Central time).

Edited by Babobat

On 2/5/2021 at 2:51 PM, helpert said:

Yeah I interviewed last week. It was good I guess, 1 intro session, 2 faculty interviews, lunch,2 more interviews and a closing session. Theres also discussions with grad students and faculty during lunch and the gaps. Its a long day of Zoom but the faculty are casual and friendly. They should send you a proper schedule with faculty the week of the Interview, I think I got mine on that Monday/Tuesday. 

9 hours ago, winterishere2020 said:

Is anyone here still waiting to hear from NYU Vilcek? Can you share what track you picked if you don't mind?

I heard back from them on December 23rd with an interview invitation for the first week of March (they gave me the option of March 1st and 2nd or March 1st and 5th). The track I chose was Mechanisms of Disease. I believe this is the last set of interviews since I know others received interview invites for January and February. So maybe since it's still a month away they will still be inviting people(?).

At what point is it appropriate to follow up with a program about decisions/ is it a good idea at all? During the interview, the director said we would be hearing back in 2 weeks regardless of the decision. It is now nearly 3 weeks since my interview. I know programs get behind on stuff but should I follow up?

22 minutes ago, biolgurl said:

At what point is it appropriate to follow up with a program about decisions/ is it a good idea at all? During the interview, the director said we would be hearing back in 2 weeks regardless of the decision. It is now nearly 3 weeks since my interview. I know programs get behind on stuff but should I follow up?

In my opinion it would be reasonable to send a follow up email at this point. If they said they were going to get back to you by now but haven't, I'm sure other people will be reaching out as well. In any case, I doubt it would affect your chances of getting in to send a friendly email reiterating your interest in their program and asking for a status update.

On 2/8/2021 at 8:36 PM, winterishere2020 said:

Is anyone here still waiting to hear from NYU Vilcek? Can you share what track you picked if you don't mind?

I am. Molecular Pharmacology