Biomedical Science PhD Applicants (Fall 2021)

bacteriagirl

On 1/8/2021 at 8:01 PM, Sky_china said:

Is there anyone here got Thomas Jefferson Interview ? 

I received an interview invitation for Thomas Jefferson on 1/5/21. My interview dates are 1/27 and 1/28. 

On 1/9/2021 at 1:57 PM, Debugging_Queen said:

I haven’t heard back from them still.

I received an interview for Thomas Jefferson on 1/5/21. I am interviewing on 1/27 and 1/28.

1 hour ago, ood63 said:

just anxious.....anyone heard from the following:

EMORY - GDBBS - Microbiology & Molecular Genetics 

USC Pibbs

UC Irvine - Cell and Molecular Sciences

Is no news good news or accept reality of rejection

heard back from USC PIBBS a few days ago and Emory GDBBS in mid-december, but that was for the cancer bio track! 

Not sure if certain programs are sending invites out in waves or all at once...

5 hours ago, kateybeth said:

heard back from USC PIBBS a few days ago and Emory GDBBS in mid-december, but that was for the cancer bio track! 

Not sure if certain programs are sending invites out in waves or all at once...

Hey, you mentioned you know people at USC. Do they (or you) know if PIBBS is done sending out invites? It's looks like normally they send the second wave a few days later, but I haven't seen anyone else posting since the 20th and these aren't normal times.

On 1/25/2021 at 1:33 PM, jakeperalta said:

Did anyone receive an update from JHU Pathobiology?

From my understanding they only have one interview weekend (first week of Jan) & some acceptances went out on Monday! It's a really small program though (~6), so I'm not sure if all acceptances were extended or if they are going to wait to hear back from applicants before extending all offers? 

Edited by hot leaf juice
more info

On 1/24/2021 at 7:49 AM, virushunter said:

I received this:

We have received an exceptionally large number of outstanding applications this year and as such are forced to make the hard decision of who to invite for an interview. We have now made most of our selections for our first round of interviews.  Unfortunately, your application was not chosen for an interview.  However, we are keeping your application active. This indicates that your candidacy is still of interest to us and we are keeping it on hold for the time being. In the meantime, please feel free to update us on your progress in your application to PhD programs other than BU.  

To be clear, your application is on hold and has not been rejected, but it has not been chosen for an interview. In the event we that have available student slots in our class after our initial interview and acceptance process, we may contact you to set up an interview.

Sincerely,

C. James McKnight

Chair, Program in Biomedical Sciences Admissions Committee

So essentially I view it as a waitlist for interview, but like I said before, I’m not holding my breath. According to previous years on the results search they often do this.

I will say though I was a bit surprised that I didn’t get an interview at BU due to my research interests and previous research experience being so compatible with so many faculty there, but I thankfully have interviews at other awesome places.

Received this as well. I am giving up BU although it matches my interest a lot. Too much waiting...

Just now, jakeperalta said:

hey i see you applied for jhu pathobio -- did you hear back yet?

Nope, nothing from them. Tbh if I got offered an interview from them at this point I'd decline, I haven't gotten responses from anyone I've emailed there (I sent an email to a PI in November and another to admissions earlier this month) and these programs ghosting us after we pay them so much makes me not want to go. 

I asked in the bio forum and had no luck, but has anyone heard anything from Pitt MCDB? Maybe I should stop holding out hope, but I'm having a really hard time getting in touch with anyone from the program and could use some reassurance.

Just now, actionpotential said:

Yes, seems they rejected internationals first. I am domestic, looks like we got ours just today.

That's one off our list. Now we can shift our focus to the ones remaining on our list!

5 minutes ago, T suppressors said:

I meet criteria #4, still got rejected from Sinai without an interview :(

Dont know if it is Sinai for sure. These 4 criteria are only for screening. You probably got rejected by the Adcom in the next step of reviewing fit (SOP, CV and LORs). Maybe none of the faculty you matched with are taking students this cycle.