Biomedical Science PhD Applicants (Fall 2021)

bacteriagirl

On 3/10/2021 at 11:44 AM, dymatthew said:

Based on the results section of Grad Cafe, there have already been some acceptances to the Biosciences program (M&I and Immunology home programs, although I think they all make their decisions at pretty much the same time). At the interview, I was told that for my program (M&I) they would make offers for the exact number of spots they had available (6) and then if anyone refused their offer they would make additional acceptances so they ended up with exactly 6 students. I haven't heard anything yet, so I'm assuming I was not among their initial 6 acceptances.

I haven't heard anything too from Genetics! Still wait...

1 hour ago, Research Enthusiast said:

Hey all, i will be attending Baylor starting this Fall. If anyone of you are going to the same school, i would love to connect with you. Super duper excited!

Hey congrats! I'll be down the road from you at MD Anderson, see you in Houston :)

On 3/12/2021 at 1:10 PM, scientist1313 said:

Has anyone who interviewed for Yale BBS MCGD heard anything yet?

If it helps explain some things, I applied to Yale BBS Micro and the program coordinator called me on the phone (~2 weeks after my interview) to explain they were having a lot of issues with funding. Apparently they weren't already aware of their budget situation because of COVID prior to actually having interviews? Which means they're offering a lot fewer people than they normally would... I got my admissions decision emailed ~4 weeks post-interview.

14 hours ago, parasitesrcool said:

If it helps explain some things, I applied to Yale BBS Micro and the program coordinator called me on the phone (~2 weeks after my interview) to explain they were having a lot of issues with funding. Apparently they weren't already aware of their budget situation because of COVID prior to actually having interviews? Which means they're offering a lot fewer people than they normally would... I got my admissions decision emailed ~4 weeks post-interview.

I see, that makes sense about the delay. That's too bad about funding, I'm sure everyone who got an interview is very qualified. Hoping for the best!

On 3/12/2021 at 10:53 AM, sippinmytea said:

USC PIBBS started sending out offers! Not sure if on a rolling basis or not. 

Hi there, did you receive an email from the admin or have a decision letter on your portal? I don't have any news from them (email/call/portal update) so far...

21 minutes ago, Huanguin said:

Hi there, did you receive an email from the admin or have a decision letter on your portal? I don't have any news from them (email/call/portal update) so far...

I got an admissions phone call from them on 3/12 around 11am EST, they said that more info/ the official admission email would come out perhaps later this week. Idk if everyone has been receiving calls though. In any case, best of luck!

25 minutes ago, Huanguin said:

Hi! Last Friday, a PI that I interviewed with emailed me that the admissions committee had voted to offer me admission and that I would receive an official email the following week (which I still have not received). Fingers crossed for you! ?

1 hour ago, lucyfang0413 said:

I got an admissions phone call from them on 3/12 around 11am EST, they said that more info/ the official admission email would come out perhaps later this week. Idk if everyone has been receiving calls though. In any case, best of luck!

1 hour ago, sippinmytea said:

Hi! Last Friday, a PI that I interviewed with emailed me that the admissions committee had voted to offer me admission and that I would receive an official email the following week (which I still have not received). Fingers crossed for you! ?

Thank you both for your answers! Congratulations btw ? meanwhile fingers crossed for myself haha

19 hours ago, wiz1810 said:

Last interview this week, so glad to have it over. Ended up with 2 acceptances so far (Brown MPP and UIC GEMs) waitlisted at JHU CMM and one final interview at case western BSTP. Idk where I'll end up yet 

hey i'm also interviewing with case BSTP! When is your interview? if its the 19th, did they mail you the faculty list im getting anxious T_T

On 3/13/2021 at 8:53 PM, just_fine said:

I haven't heard anything too from Genetics! Still wait...

I was told that if you don't hear back, you are waitlisted. For people who got accepted to Stanford Bioscience but aren't going, please let them know ASAP. They only admitted the exact number of students so I would really appreciate the opportunity to get off the waitlist. Thanks!

On 3/13/2021 at 10:43 AM, ProspectiveGrad21 said:

I got accepted to NYU Vilcek!!!! It was the only school that gave me an interview and literally all other schools rejected me but I don't care anymore because I am getting my PhD!!!!

Congratulations!  I also interviewed at Vilcek on March 5th but havent heard back yet? When did you interview and what program did you apply, if you dont mind?