2021 Chemistry PhD Admissions Results

a1120

3 minutes ago, kenzithecat said:

No, but it seems like they extended a "vast majority" of offers last week (based on someone's comment on the results page) :( 

Yeah, e-mailed 3-4 profs but neither of them are on the committee or "directly" involved... Last week, the admin said they will be sent out on a rolling basis!

Just now, Chembioapplicant_2021_ said:

Yeah, e-mailed 3-4 profs but neither of them are on the committee or "directly" involved... Last week, the admin said they will be sent out on a rolling basis!

Fingers crossed!

On 2/3/2021 at 3:04 PM, joule123 said:

Hey everyone, has anyone heard from the University of Virginia, WashU, or Wayne State? and does anyone know when they start sending admissions? I am panicking 

I am waiting for WashU... I emailed the person in charge and they said we'd know by April 1... Idk if I can wait that long. Washington has sent out a few it seems based off of what I've seen on here 

33 minutes ago, notJonathanCheechoo said:

Any status on the UCs? Aside from Berkeley people haven't really seem to be reporting many acceptances/rejections from the other campuses..

Still waiting on UCI! Might not be til March when I hear back from them

16 hours ago, notJonathanCheechoo said:

Any status on the UCs? Aside from Berkeley people haven't really seem to be reporting many acceptances/rejections from the other campuses..

Got into UCI and UCLA, rejected from UCB. UCLA’s visit weekend starts today so I would imagine they are done with first round acceptances. Got into UCI back in December but their acceptance timeline seems to be very unpredictable. Apparently Berkeley was extra selective this year so if you haven’t heard yet I’d assume you didn’t get in.

2 hours ago, CoordinationChem said:

Can somebody please tell me the virtual visit dates for Berkeley, Caltech, UChicago, and Columbia?

Columbia: Feb 25-27 and March 11-13

UChicago: Their first visit was this past weekend. Second visit: Feb 26-27

9 hours ago, timothychem said:

Columbia: Feb 25-27 and March 11-13

UChicago: Their first visit was this past weekend. Second visit: Feb 26-27

Im assuming UChicago has already sent out all their acceptances then...

34 minutes ago, ashortchemist said:

Did anyone else get an email from CU Boulder inviting them to a recruitment event even though they haven’t been accepted yet? It seems really strange that they would send me this and then reject me but I did think I was rejected at this point 

I got the same thing and idk what it means either