School Psychology PhD 2021

ctrsca

33 minutes ago, schoolpsychinprogress said:

I'm waiting on them too - their PhD program is my top choice so the wait is killing me. I was also told mid-February, but the original email I got when I submitted my application said their target date for final decisions is March 19th which seems way too late. Ugh!!

Udub is my top as well. I'm really hoping we won't have to wait until mid-March! 

Just now, SchoolPsychProsp said:

I applied to the PhD program! I was really impressed by how friendly the staff and EdS/PhD students were at interview day.  Though, I am quite nervous about funding.

Same here - and the faster we hear back, the faster we can start looking for funding too which is another reason I'm anxious to hear back soon!

Hi all,

Has anyone heard back from the U of Denver EdS program yet? I hate the wait :)

Side note, does anyone have tips for looking for funding before we hear all of our applications decisions? I don't want to be scrambling at the last minute, and ideally I would be able to factor funding availability into which program I choose to go to! This is my first application cycle, so any advice or tips is much appreciated :)

55 minutes ago, G_P said:

Hi all,

Side note, does anyone have tips for looking for funding before we hear all of our applications decisions? I don't want to be scrambling at the last minute, and ideally I would be able to factor funding availability into which program I choose to go to! This is my first application cycle, so any advice or tips is much appreciated :)

Look in my previous posts. This is for PhD but it was an email from my POI/program director who talked about how to secure funding. 

Most funding on campus is prioritized to doctoral students but you still could find some! 

On 2/10/2021 at 4:32 PM, Moomi said:

Has anyone heard from Duquesne? I was invited to interview but haven't heard anything since!

You probably received the email by the time I am answering this, but I received an email from them yesterday with the interview schedule. It makes me nervous to have so many zoom links lol

Well, I've been rejected from every program I've applied to. Waiting on a response from one more. Not expecting good news. What now? Does anyone have any experience having to apply multiple years in a row? This is my first round applying. 

7 minutes ago, isimsek said:

Well, I've been rejected from every program I've applied to. Waiting on a response from one more. Not expecting good news. What now? Does anyone have any experience having to apply multiple years in a row? This is my first round applying. 

2 years ago I applied to UF PHD and Ohio State Eds and got waitlisted at UF and rejected at OSU. I started teaching and got my masters and reapplied to UF and UGA this time. I got accepted to UGA and UF was really impressed with what I’ve been doing since I got waitlisted. My best advice is to go get more experience if reapplying is what you want. You will end who where you are supposed to! 

1 hour ago, jdole said:

You probably received the email by the time I am answering this, but I received an email from them yesterday with the interview schedule. It makes me nervous to have so many zoom links lol

Congrats! I had a super overwhelming looking schedule for my first interview with lots of zoom links, but then I had another interview with no schedule, just one link to the main room and that was WAY more terrifying. At least now you can plan out your day! Good luck!!

15 minutes ago, schoolpsychinprogress said:

Officially past the 2-week mark for Washington interviews...anyone hear anything? I'm such an anxious mess!

It's been three weeks since my U of Wisconsin and Buffalo interviews... 

I hope you hear back in the next week because I am an anxious mess too. 

3 minutes ago, JakiraJakira said:

It's been three weeks since my U of Wisconsin and Buffalo interviews... 

I hope you hear back in the next week because I am an anxious mess too. 

3 weeks, that's rough! I got an acceptance yesterday that was only 6 days post-interview. Definitely a relief to have that first acceptance but the wait for my higher-choice programs is so so rough.

16 minutes ago, KamEBee said:

I've been lurking for a while and had to come out of hiding to commiserate. 

When I got that email I thought it was a rejection by the "thank you for your interest" ?

Same! I might be being dramatic but I’d rather a yes or no at this point rather than wait a variable amount of time.

On 2/11/2021 at 2:14 PM, G_P said:

Hi all,

Still haven't heard anything, have you? Based on previous years, I think it will be Monday or Tuesday