School Psychology PhD 2021

ctrsca

Hey all, wondering if anyone else heard back from U Minnesota-Twin Cities about their applicant interview day? I received an email a few weeks back that had a rough schedule for interviews ranging from 1/11-1/13, and since those dates are coming up, I'm getting a bit antsy. Also, does anyone know if these are preliminary or formal interviews? 

hello! new to this site so I am not sure if I am responding correctly but to the post above, I received an invitation to interview to the university of minnesota on 12/21. It was a formal invitation for their "applicant days" on 1/11-1/13. I applied to their school psych phd progam.

on another note, did anyone apply to lehigh? I haven't heard anything from them. 

21 minutes ago, purplelavalamp said:

hello! new to this site so I am not sure if I am responding correctly but to the post above, I received an invitation to interview to the university of minnesota on 12/21. It was a formal invitation for their "applicant days" on 1/11-1/13. I applied to their school psych phd progam.

on another note, did anyone apply to lehigh? I haven't heard anything from them. 

I applied to Lehigh PhD and haven't heard anything yet.... 

4 minutes ago, lme93 said:

I applied to Lehigh PhD and haven't heard anything yet.... 

Oh nice, I also applied PhD, I feel like I haven't seen anyone else apply to Lehigh. I don't know what their timeline looks like or how many students they interview or anything. I suppose time will tell. 

Has anyone hear anything from UCR?

1 minute ago, purplelavalamp said:

Oh nice, I also applied PhD, I feel like I haven't seen anyone else apply to Lehigh. I don't know what their timeline looks like or how many students they interview or anything. I suppose time will tell. 

Has anyone hear anything from UCR?

Cool! I haven't really either. I am not sure of the timeline. I did go to one of their grad info sessions and they did say that they didn't expect the pandemic to have any impact on funding or the amount of students that they expect to accept so that made me feel a little better. 

1 hour ago, lme93 said:

Cool! I haven't really either. I am not sure of the timeline. I did go to one of their grad info sessions and they did say that they didn't expect the pandemic to have any impact on funding or the amount of students that they expect to accept so that made me feel a little better. 

I'm also waiting on Riverside and Lehigh. Based on past results, it looks like we should expect to hear back next week.

So kind of Utah news, I got an email from university of Utah grad admissions saying my unofficial undergrad transcript was insufficient for some reason and requested an official transcript ASAP. I requested the official immediately. I emailed the program director to say hi and mention I had my official transcript sent. I also asked in my email if we should expect interview invite soon. I’m thinking this means they are reviewing applications right now? I’ll keep y’all updated if I get a response. 

Edited by rachaelpfanz

2 hours ago, purplelavalamp said:

Do you mind if I ask was it a mass email or from your PI specificall? And would you be willing to share your PI initials? It's fine if not!

6 minutes ago, caitlynthomas said:

Do you mind if I ask was it a mass email or from your PI specificall? And would you be willing to share your PI initials? It's fine if not!

It appears to be a mass email, it was sent by their program coordinator. I indicated interest in working with FM and AS.

9 minutes ago, Theloveguru said:

Same here! How did you feel about them splitting the SOP up into 3 separate  documents? It made it a lot harder for me!

It was so much harder! I was trying hard not to repeat myself in one or the other. It was difficult for sure! 

53 minutes ago, rachaelpfanz said:

So kind of Utah news, I got an email from university of Utah grad admissions saying my unofficial undergrad transcript was insufficient for some reason and requested an official transcript ASAP. I requested the official immediately. I emailed the program director to say hi and mention I had my official transcript sent. I also asked in my email if we should expect interview invite soon. I’m thinking this means they are reviewing applications right now? I’ll keep y’all updated if I get a response. 

Thanks for the Utah update. Let us know if they respond to your email about when they expect to send interview invites. 

8 minutes ago, Southwestteacher said:

Thanks for the Utah update. Let us know if they respond to your email about when they expect to send interview invites. 

From Utah Program director: Thanks for letting me know! The School Psychology faculty are meeting to discuss applications in two weeks, and invitations for interviews should be out by the end of the month.

2 hours ago, Theloveguru said:

Same here! How did you feel about them splitting the SOP up into 3 separate  documents? It made it a lot harder for me!

Lehigh is in my top 3!  I made one whole SOP and just divided it up into three parts for each submission. Most of my SOPs were similar to each other so I just had to make sure it made sense!

1 hour ago, jd876 said:

Hi Everyone! I am new and just wondering if anyone has heard back from UNC Chapel Hill. They are my top choice and just checking to see if anyone has heard anything. Thanks and good luck with the application process!

Still waiting on UNC as well

1 hour ago, jd876 said:

Hi Everyone! I am new and just wondering if anyone has heard back from UNC Chapel Hill. They are my top choice and just checking to see if anyone has heard anything. Thanks and good luck with the application process!

(New here, hope I'm doing this right) Hey there! I'm also still waiting to hear back from UNC. The only email I've gotten from them was about their prospective doctoral student "virtual visit" happening next week. IIRC, the general deadline for UNC school psych apps is early February, so maybe that's why we haven't heard much from them yet?

5 minutes ago, majahahaha said:

(New here, hope I'm doing this right) Hey there! I'm also still waiting to hear back from UNC. The only email I've gotten from them was about their prospective doctoral student "virtual visit" happening next week. IIRC, the general deadline for UNC school psych apps is early February, so maybe that's why we haven't heard much from them yet?

Hi! Thanks so much for your response! I also received the invite for the virtual visit. That is true that their final deadline isn't until February 9th, so that could be why! I am wondering if they will interview people who met the priority deadline first. Thanks again!!

2 hours ago, rachaelpfanz said:

From Utah Program director: Thanks for letting me know! The School Psychology faculty are meeting to discuss applications in two weeks, and invitations for interviews should be out by the end of the month.

It is such a relief to have an update. Thanks! At least I don't have to think about it for the next two weeks. 

On 1/4/2021 at 10:34 AM, rachaelpfanz said:

I got a formal interview invite for UGA for 1/22 from my PI ML on 12/29. Seems like it’s up to the professors instead of a mass invite so don’t worry too much!! 

Thanks for sharing! I also applied to UGA, and apparently the admission have not started to review my application yet... My potential PI is SA, and I initiated the conversation with SA (inofficial interview I guess?) in Nov... I hope he still remembers me.?

2 hours ago, Theloveguru said:

Just received a rejection from Michigan State. Disappointed but not surprised since I didn't receive an interview invitation a couple weeks ago. Good luck to everyone who was accepted for the next stage!

@TheloveguruSorry to hear that! I have one or two that I am pretty sure are a no as well since I haven't heard anything yet. Still no fun (but at least not in limbo anymore). I hope you have other great offers. 

18 hours ago, Theloveguru said:

I'm also waiting on Riverside and Lehigh. Based on past results, it looks like we should expect to hear back next week.

18 hours ago, lme93 said:

I hope so! Lehigh is my first choice. I have been checking my email so much. 

Based on past years, it seems like people were receiving interview invites for Lehigh the first Friday of January. Assuming they didn't want to send anything out on New Year's day, I am thinking we will hear back from them tomorrow, if they are on schedule.