School Psychology PhD 2021

ctrsca

Just now, schoolpsychinprogress said:

To hear back? Definitely not! April 15th is the deadline to accept an offer of admissions.

Okay, maybe I’m just being a ball of anxiety lol. I’m just so ready to hear the good news or bad news! Thank you!!

6 minutes ago, Schoolpsych921 said:

Okay, maybe I’m just being a ball of anxiety lol. I’m just so ready to hear the good news or bad news! Thank you!!

Lol no worries! I'm in the same boat. Supposed to hear from University of Washington today and I've felt nauseous all day. Fingers crossed for good news! (or literally any news at this point)

28 minutes ago, Schoolpsych921 said:

I am in the same boat too!!! So anxious to hear back from schools. I am still waiting on quite a few. I know some schools aren't sending invites until later in the month. Also, one of my interviews isn't until mid Feb. so it is possible other schools have a later time frame as well. 

Hi! Has anyone heard anything else from UC Berkeley? I saw someone received an interview offer for the 19th. Was wondering if anyone else has or if anyone knows when we should expect notification?

I heard from Riverside today. Invited to their interview day but probably gonna have to reschedule due to overlapping interviews. 
On behalf of the faculty at the University of California, Riverside's School Psychology PhD program, I would like to invite you to attend a virtual interview day with faculty, staff, and students on January 29.”

I also heard from Berkeley last week, and they sent out an email: 

I am the Program Coordinator for the UC Berkeley School Psychology Program and I am writing to invite you to our interview day on Tuesday, January 19th, 2021.”

Is anyone else in a situation where they have two full day interviews on the same day? I got an interview from UW-Madison back in November and they gave a choice of the 21st or 22nd for interviews, and I chose the 22nd because it worked better at the time. Now I got an invite for University of Washington, which also has their interview day on the 22nd. Would it be bad to go back and ask Madison to be switched to the 21st? 

9 hours ago, lorelson said:

Is anyone else in a situation where they have two full day interviews on the same day? I got an interview from UW-Madison back in November and they gave a choice of the 21st or 22nd for interviews, and I chose the 22nd because it worked better at the time. Now I got an invite for University of Washington, which also has their interview day on the 22nd. Would it be bad to go back and ask Madison to be switched to the 21st? 

That is hard! From what I've read it is not great to go back on a commitment that you have already made. Is one of these schools a priority for you over the other one? You could ask the school that you are slightly less interested in the possibility of an alternative interview date? Just an idea. Maybe other people have had a similar experience...I have not yet! 

10 hours ago, lorelson said:

I accepted the offer to interview on the 22nd with UW-Madison as well! 
They are my top choice and since then 4 other schools have gotten back to me with interviews on the 22nd (Lol) 

I have been able to reschedule all of them to other days/times with no issue. 
Many of the professors I emailed said not to worry, that it happens every year and will not affect the decision making process

I wouldn’t go back on your promise though! That shows you aren’t too interested. I’d email Washington and say you already accepted an interview at that time. They’d be understanding I’m sure. 

57 minutes ago, The_Garnet_Comet said:

Anyone who has been invited to UGA's interview day on the 22nd been given any idea of a timeline or if its going to be all day?

I haven't heard anything specific. I was planning to email them at the end of the week and ask when we should expect to receive the zoom link and if we'll be given an itinerary or know which faculty members we'll be speaking with. 

1 minute ago, Sunkay123 said:

I haven't heard anything specific. I was planning to email them at the end of the week and ask when we should expect to receive the zoom link and if we'll be given an itinerary or know which faculty members we'll be speaking with. 

Thanks! I need to follow up as well then.

For those waiting to hear back from Syracuse, I emailed the program and this was their response:

Thank you for inquiring about the status of your application to the doctoral program in Psychology at Syracuse University. Graduate applications are currently being reviewed by faculty, and your application remains under consideration at this time. In terms of timeline, we are not able to provide a definite date of the decisions regarding interviews. Thus, if you have not yet received a status update, then your application remains under consideration.

Hopefully we'll hear something soon!!!

8 hours ago, The_Garnet_Comet said:

Anyone who has been invited to UGA's interview day on the 22nd been given any idea of a timeline or if its going to be all day?

I haven’t gotten any additional details yet... will post when I do!