School Psychology PhD 2021

ctrsca

Just now, potpie said:

I did receive an email about interviews at the end of December for the Ed.S program

On 12/29/2020 at 12:39 PM, Southwestteacher said:

Hi! Have you heard from University of Arizona yet? Thanks! 

Not yet - I will let you know if/when I do!

1 hour ago, potpie said:

I did receive an email about interviews late December for the Ed.S program. It looks like the interviews will be in about 2 weeks.

Agghhh hopefully it’s different for the PhD program ...

On 12/29/2020 at 2:10 PM, psychlife1 said:

Not those schools specifically, but I heard from a friend that Syracuse sent out formal interviews. 

How sure are you that Syracuse sent out formal invites? Because last year they waited until mid January and no one has posted results from Syracuse yet this year in the results section.

I’m getting a little worried because two of the schools I applied to have not received my GRE scores yet and the deadline just passed (Jan. 1). I put in the order for the scores to be sent about 2 weeks ago. How long does it normally take for schools to receive the scores? Should I be worried about this?

5 minutes ago, TheCatLady said:

I’m getting a little worried because two of the schools I applied to have not received my GRE scores yet and the deadline just passed (Jan. 1). I put in the order for the scores to be sent about 2 weeks ago. How long does it normally take for schools to receive the scores? Should I be worried about this?

According to the ETS site, it takes 15 days if you sent them initially and 5 business if you ordered separate score reports after you received your results. I found it took longer than 5 days for mine, and things might have been further delayed with the holidays, covid staffing, etc.

What I did was reach out to the programs directly and explained the situation. I also included a screenshot of the order confirmation showing I had sent the scores well in advance and included an unofficial score report for good measure. They thanked me for reaching out. No idea of it helped me or hurt me or not because they haven’t sent out interview invites yet.

Edited by Louisey

16 hours ago, Schoolpsych921 said:

Has anyone that applied to University of Georgia or Indiana University-Bloomington heard anything back about formal interview day?

I got a formal interview invite for UGA for 1/22 from my PI ML on 12/29. Seems like it’s up to the professors instead of a mass invite so don’t worry too much!! 

Edited by rachaelpfanz

7 hours ago, gros8433 said:

How sure are you that Syracuse sent out formal invites? Because last year they waited until mid January and no one has posted results from Syracuse yet this year in the results section.

I checked, and they said it seems like they're reaching out individually, so maybe not all invites have gone out yet? Unclear, sorry I can't be more help!

21 hours ago, Schoolpsych921 said:

Has anyone that applied to University of Georgia or Indiana University-Bloomington heard anything back about formal interview day?

I already heard back about 2-3 weeks ago from IU with the initial invite. Still waiting for more details since I had to reschedule. 

I received an invitation from Ohio State today! 

Super exciting but their interview is the same exact day as U of Wisconsin....

Out of the programs I have heard back from I had to reschedule 3 of them because all of them were on the 22nd. 

I wish programs would communicate. It seems everyone has interviews on the 22nd

8 hours ago, TheCatLady said:

Same thing happened to me! I emailed them and they said it was fine, and that the scores would be matched with my application when they were received.

On 12/29/2020 at 11:31 AM, rachaelpfanz said:

I applied to University of Utah and have heard NOTHING. They are the last one I’m waiting on. That deadline was 12/15 so I assumed they would send out invites later. 

Hi, let me know if you hear from Utah this month. Good luck! Starting to feel anxious with all the silence but hopefully some more invites are sent out soon. 

5 minutes ago, Southwestteacher said:

Hi, let me know if you hear from Utah this month. Good luck! Starting to feel anxious with all the silence but hopefully some more invites are sent out soon. 

I definitely will! I feel better knowing I’ve got interviews for 2 out of my 3 schools but that doesn’t stop me from checking my email and wanting to hear back from Utah :) 

3 hours ago, Theloveguru said:

Does anyone have any tips on how to prepare for the PhD interview? I can't seem to find many resources online about school psych specifically.

Check one of my earlier posts for some questions to think about prior to the interview (questions for you to answer and for other people to answer)

Just checking in to see if anyone has heard back from the University of Oregon, School Psychology PHD? I have only seen rejections pop up on the results page. I have not received an interview or a rejection. I am just curious if others are in the same boat? Or if anyone has been invited to interview? I must be on the waitlist. 

3 hours ago, MsZ123 said:

Just checking in to see if anyone has heard back from the University of Oregon, School Psychology PHD? I have only seen rejections pop up on the results page. I have not received an interview or a rejection. I am just curious if others are in the same boat? Or if anyone has been invited to interview? I must be on the waitlist. 

Hi, I received an email today letting me know that I was on the alternate interview list. I think it is essentially a waitlist if someone does not accept and interview/offer. Not sure if that is helpful! Maybe it is the same for you.