MEd COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY (OISE, UofT)

Toughcook1e

2 hours ago, simp4gradschool said:

not a result. same i just want a result. I can take a rejection. I just want this waiting game to be over and never compulsively check my email and the forum 10 times a day

THIS. I just wanna know so I can go through the emotions and plan a course of action. But with the waiting, I'm in limbo and I just feel so lost :(

34 minutes ago, lmw1496 said:

THIS. I just wanna know so I can go through the emotions and plan a course of action. But with the waiting, I'm in limbo and I just feel so lost :(

i wanted to give the heart to your post but i used up all my reaction for today (yeh funny that they got a limit on it). Just want you to know that you are not alone and it's okay to feel lost. fingers crossed for you.

I applied for the Counseling Psychology and Developmental Psychology MEd programs. Today I checked Acorn and I had an invited status for Developmental Psychology. So far I haven't gotten any sort of letter and there's nothing on Acorn about Counseling Psychology. I'm wondering if this means anything or if it doesn't and I'm just going to have to keep waiting it out for Counseling psyche? lol

Feels nice to have at least one answer tho!

53 minutes ago, Hemingwho said:

Does anyone have any argument for optimism after some folks were waitlisted? I'm just not sure how it's possible to anticipate anything except rejection at this point, although the lack of acceptances is also puzzling

I keep searching on Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin to see if folks are sharing their acceptances and I haven't found anything for 2021... :o It's so confusing to me, haha. But maybe it's cause some folks have private accounts! I'd love some optimism too. :(

6 hours ago, Hemingwho said:

Does anyone have any argument for optimism after some folks were waitlisted? I'm just not sure how it's possible to anticipate anything except rejection at this point, although the lack of acceptances is also puzzling

I completely relate!! Feeling like maybe they just haven't seen my application yet...... LOL :(

14 hours ago, Hemingwho said:

I don't think they have sent out most of the result yet (or i choose to believe so). I think some of us might still get their offer in early April. April is usually when grad results are usually out for most schools. Also, from some posts, it seems that the admission office is in the middle of a mess (referring to a post said they got an offer via email but no update on the portal). Anyway, I'm still waiting, but it seems more adaptive to not to get your hopes high.

14 hours ago, Toronto92 said:

I applied for the Counseling Psychology and Developmental Psychology MEd programs. Today I checked Acorn and I had an invited status for Developmental Psychology. So far I haven't gotten any sort of letter and there's nothing on Acorn about Counseling Psychology. I'm wondering if this means anything or if it doesn't and I'm just going to have to keep waiting it out for Counseling psyche? lol

Feels nice to have at least one answer tho!

Congrats!! It's always good to have a backup plan for sure :) when you checked on Acorn, where did you see the invitation status?

Hey guys I have good news... someone from OISE basically said that if you haven't received an acceptance or been waitlisted it's not necessarily bad news. They said some applications take longer to review. Also, because letters and things like that take a while to produce they send them out in chunks. So I hope that's good news for everyone lol

Edited by Toronto92

4 hours ago, LiveLovePsych said:

Congrats!! It's always good to have a backup plan for sure :) when you checked on Acorn, where did you see the invitation status?

Thank you! It was listed in the Academics section on the front page, under Degree Registration Status.

16 minutes ago, Toronto92 said:

Hey guys I have good news... someone from OISE basically said that if you haven't received an acceptance or been waitlisted it's not necessarily bad news. They said some applications take longer to review. Also, because letters and things like that take a while to produce they send them out in chunks. So I hope that's good news for everyone lol

Ugh this gave me a little hope...thankyou

I applied to the MEd Counselling and Psychotherapy program as well as the MA counselling and clinical. (Looking back I should have probably only picked one to apply to). I received a rejection letter on the 19th regarding the MA program. The letter stated that a rejection from one program does not impact other programs. Has anyone experienced this? Now when I go on the portal it just says "Decision Made" even though it is only in reference to one program. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!