PhD / DrPh Fall 2022

3 minutes ago, hero838019 said:

I think the schools that we applied are similar. I have applied to Harvard, Hopkins, UF, and Upenn. I know all of them are dream schools for me, but anyway just give it a try.

Same here. Good luck to us ??

12 hours ago, XXXXXXphd2021 said:

Just got an email invite from NYU Vilcek Population Health. Virtual two half days in early/mid Jan. 

This year's forum is so quite compared to last year. 

I also applied to NYU Vilcek Population Health... It looks like I didn't get the interviews :(( Congratulations on your interview invitation!

2 hours ago, PH2022FALL said:

I also applied to NYU Vilcek Population Health... It looks like I didn't get the interviews :(( Congratulations on your interview invitation!

Don't lose hope! I am not sure if they have sent out all the interviews yet. From last few years results for some years they even did multiple invite batches end Jan, Feb and March. kinda weird. 

On 12/21/2021 at 8:25 AM, daniel_sun said:

Just got an interview invitation from Upenn Epi. The vitual interview is arranged on February 4.

Good luck to us!

Congratulations @daniel_sun! When did you submit your application? Also, would you mind listing some of your stats (e.g., GPA, GRE/TOEFL, Education, work/research exp, publications)?

Edited by hero838019

21 minutes ago, hero838019 said:

Congratulations @daniel_sun! When did you submit your application? Also, would you mind listing some of your stats (e.g., GPA, GRE/TOEFL, Education, work/research exp, publications)?

My submission confirmation mail was on Nov 19.  GPA 3.8+, GRE ≈330 (but I did not submit GRE to Upenn?? I forgot it..), several 1st author publications.

15 minutes ago, daniel_sun said:

My submission confirmation mail was on Nov 19.  GPA 3.8+, GRE ≈330 (but I did not submit GRE to Upenn?? I forgot it..), several 1st author publications.

It seems like you have a strong background. Good luck to your interview.

On 12/22/2021 at 12:06 PM, alphadawg said:

Which other schools did you apply to? + Are those pharmacoepi?

I also applied for the PhD program at Michigan, JHU, Yale, Harvard. Not all pharmacoepi. Not heard back from other universities. 

2 hours ago, al23224 said:

Anyone applied to health policy or health service research PhD?

I saw someone got an interview from Tulane HPM, though no updates for other schools yet. 

I did Brown HSR and Dartmouth and Harvard Health Policy. Have no heard anything yet, but thats expected based on what previous years have shown.

Hi. I'm an international (from the Philippines) watching this thread. I applied to 16 programs (PhD in Health Policy or Health Services Research) and I'm thinking of submitting 3 more for the Jan 15th deadline. I don't have a very impressive GPA and GRE but I hope they consider my public health experience. Haven't heard from any of the programs I applied to (except some holiday greetings). Good luck to all of us!

Edited by AgreeableBlock7

On 12/31/2021 at 4:17 PM, al23224 said:

Anyone applied to health policy or health service research PhD?

I saw someone got an interview from Tulane HPM, though no updates for other schools yet. 

Howdy folks,

Figured I'd join the forum.

I also applied to health policy programs. I targeted schools where I could concentrate in health economics. Waiting for a responses back from JHU, Wisconsin, Michigan, UNC, and Vanderbilt. Nervous with anticipation! A buddy of mine who applied to a similar set of schools last year said he received responses between late February and late March.