University of Toronto Applicants MSW 2021

Empathymatters

17 minutes ago, MSW29 said:

There seems to be a lot of individuals who have been waitlisted. Is this common? I’m dying to know how long UofT’s waitlist is... not sure if there’s still hope of getting off of it! Any insight?

My understanding is their wait list is very long. I always feel like there are far more waitlisted than rejected. I would venture a guess that their waitlist is at least as long as their acceptance list. 

Edited to add: regardless though, dont give up hope :)

Edited by Kal008

8 minutes ago, Kal008 said:

My understanding is their wait list is very long. I always feel like there are far more waitlisted than rejected. I would venture a guess that their waitlist is at least as long as their acceptance list. 

Edited to add: regardless though, dont give up hope :)

Found our a few hours ago I got waitlisted, praying enough people don’t accept so I can get an acceptance?

Last name O. Still no update. Curious, when did we hear of the last acceptance? Did they stop coming out this AM? And has anyone heard anything this evening? Or do we think they are done for the night/maybe even the weekend?

Just now, SCCPHopeful said:

Last name O. Still no update. Curious, when did we hear of the last acceptance? Did they stop coming out this AM? And has anyone heard anything this evening? Or do we think they are done for the night/maybe even the weekend?

I haven't heard anything yet either. My last name starts with an S. I really wish they let us all know tonight, it's so stressful.

Just now, AlexaS said:

I haven't heard anything yet either. My last name starts with an S. I really wish they let us all know tonight, it's so stressful.

Yes. This has been really hard. And after being waitlisted last year and seeing little to no movement from the waitlist AND how many people are waitlisted this year it's just so discouraging. 

Hi all, I've been lurking awhile but made an account to post about my decision. Got an email at 1am last night on the dot informing me about my decision - I got waitlisted, last name R.

Although obviously I would've preferred an acceptance, I don't feel too badly about being waitlisted at the end of the day - this was my first time applying to any grad program after finishing undergrad in June 2020, and I was mainly applying to the MSW in hopes that it would serve as a good precursor for me eventually applying to law school (I'm super interested in the intersections between mental health and the law, and I thought SW would be a useful background to have). I feel like I learned a lot from this application cycle and although I'm not sure that I'll reapply to social work programs in the fall, I feel more confident now about the prospect of applying to law schools going forward.

Big big congratulations to everyone who was accepted to U of T, and best of luck to everyone in their future endeavors!!

1 hour ago, mswwaitingcatlover said:

For those who got accepted, when do you have to make the decision by? 

(I'm waitlisted so trying to figure out the earliest I could potentially be hearing) 

Hey! Someone in the other thread said 4 wks from letter date. Hope this helps and best of luck!!

U of T is my first choice but I was waitlisted there. Does anyone have insight on Laurier's program compared to U of T?? Is it more or less clinically based or social justice oriented?

Edited by Empathymatters

42 minutes ago, KKrup said:

I was accepted to U of T 2 year MSW and was wondering if anyone has received confirmation when they sent in heir signed acceptance forms??

Just now, patientlywaitinggg said:

Hey! I was as well, and have not yet received confirmation that she received my forms. Was wondering the same thing.

Have either of you submitted the deposit? I did and it’s sitting as credit in my account. They also haven’t confirmed my acceptance and I’m just overthinking lol. 

2 minutes ago, 1996Msw2021 said:

Have either of you submitted the deposit? I did and it’s sitting as credit in my account. They also haven’t confirmed my acceptance and I’m just overthinking lol. 

Yes I submitted yesterday. As of now when I look on financial account on acorn the 500  is on credit balance. Me too, I’ve been hoping to get confirmation that she received my decision, hopefully soon!

19 minutes ago, Waiting4AdmissionDecisions said:

Does anyone know if there's a Facebook group yet for the 2y?

There isn’t as of yet, I was going to make one by the end of the week once everyone received their letters and hopefully made a decision but feel free to also take the initiative if you want to make it sooner :) 

22 minutes ago, patientlywaitinggg said:

Yes I submitted yesterday. As of now when I look on financial account on acorn the 500  is on credit balance. Me too, I’ve been hoping to get confirmation that she received my decision, hopefully soon!

Okay phew! That’s a relief. It still seem so surreal, like it’ll get taken back any second lol. Hopefully soon:) and can’t wait to meet you all this fall! Please private message me if anyone wants to get in touch before the fall :) 

Just now, 1996Msw2021 said:

Okay phew! That’s a relief. It still seem so surreal, like it’ll get taken back any second lol. Hopefully soon:) and can’t wait to meet you all this fall! Please private message me if anyone wants to get in touch before the fall :) 

Super super excited, it still doesn’t feel real! I know I have this weird fear that they’re going to email me back and say the acceptance was a mistake lol but that’s just me being silly. Looking very much forward to the fall!

1 hour ago, patientlywaitinggg said:

Super super excited, it still doesn’t feel real! I know I have this weird fear that they’re going to email me back and say the acceptance was a mistake lol but that’s just me being silly. Looking very much forward to the fall!

Hey, I just got the email from Angela confirming the receipt of the 3 signed documents! Hopefully you got yours too :)