MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

19 hours ago, AwaitingMSW1 said:

For those who were accepted or waitlisted into UWindsor's MSWwp advanced standing program, my status change date is now a different date, is this a good sign or is there still a chance I could be rejected from the program? I hope this is a good sign. This is my second year applying and I already did not get into Waterloo or McMaster. 

I have no idea if it's good or bad, but I'm in the same boat! Status still says "in process" on eGAS, with a new status date change of March 24, 2022. I personally am not optimistic about it as it seems like many folks were accepted/waitlisted last week and just prior to that but fingers crossed for the both of us!

On 3/26/2022 at 8:09 AM, Amomilk said:

Congratulations to all the members who have received acceptance letters! And sending heaps of love for those who are still waiting!!! We are all in this together :) 

I am wondering is there a discord/Facebook group for UofT 2 year program? I am getting very anxious about moving to a new place with literally no one I know right now...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/471238764728823/

19 hours ago, AwaitingMSW1 said:

For those who were accepted or waitlisted into UWindsor's MSWwp advanced standing program, my status change date is now a different date, is this a good sign or is there still a chance I could be rejected from the program? I hope this is a good sign. This is my second year applying and I already did not get into Waterloo or McMaster. 

Hi there, I’m not certain but I don’t think it’s a bad sign that your status changed twice! My status changed to “In Process” on January 14 and then again on February 11 (still “In Process”) before receiving my official offer by email on March 7. I hope that’s helps! 
For anyone who may be on the waitlist, I declined my offer to Windsor’s MSWwp last Friday so I hope that opens up a spot for someone! 

Congratulations to everyone who received the offer.I have been waiting to hear back from uoft MSW 2 year. I only applied to uoft for MSW and York for 2 years post grad BSW. At this point i guess It's hopeless to think about Uoft. I believe next they are going to update about the waiting list and rejection. 

Edited by Nus219

Big congratulations to everyone who has been accepted at UofT!! It's such an accomplishment! I walked past the FIFSW building this weekend while dropping a friend off at work, weird to put the real place with all this nebulous applying. I'm anticipating a rejection or waitlist coming my way which I think i've accepted now.. just will be a little disappointed to have to leave my home! Anyone know if its possible to commute in to Laurier from Toronto? Lol i'm getting ahead of myself but good to think about..

For those who are anticipating a waitlist from UofT MSW - please don't be discouraged by that, I know at least 5 people who got off the waitlist (in various years). The waitlist officially closes in the first week of classes and people will be turning down their acceptances until then. 

Edited by DD2021

2 minutes ago, PhilipT24 said:

A question for those accepted into UofT, is everyone just sending the three documents (Offer of Admission, Review of Social Work Code, and Diversity and Equity Training) forms in one PDF and uploading it to the Admission Confirmation Form section?

Thank you! 

Hi there fellow UofT peep :) yes, I just signed those 3 pages and uploaded them (in a combined PDF) as the admission confirmation form. If we missed anything let us know!

47 minutes ago, PhilipT24 said:

A question for those accepted into UofT, is everyone just sending the three documents (Offer of Admission, Review of Social Work Code, and Diversity and Equity Training) forms in one PDF and uploading it to the Admission Confirmation Form section?

Thank you! 

the last two you mentioned should be uploaded to the "Additional Document Requirement from Graduate Unit" which will be at the bottom of the drop-down menu :) 

4 minutes ago, alwayswaytoolatemsw said:

My last name is R, nothing yet. looks like I will be applying next year lol

I honestly don’t understand how this last name based admissions work. Do they even give a fair chance to all alphabets? Lol honestly same.