MSW Fall 2022 Applications

moria95

3 hours ago, Dogmama said:

For anyone interviewing at Cal State Fullerton, I did mine this morning and it went pretty well. It was much more relaxed than my interview with CSUN. The questions were more general and honestly easier to answer. They asked things like how you've managed a stressful scenario, what a weakness might be for you in the program, etc. And there were only four of us in the group interview, I was expecting 6-8. I'm really hoping I get an admission offer from them soon!

Congrats on the interview with CSUF!!  I hear they're a good MSW program. Wow, sounds much easier than CSUN.  And I love the smaller group size.  My CSUN interview had 8 interviewees and I could see a smaller group fostering better connection with the interviewers.  Who were the interviewers with CSUF?

1 hour ago, gradapplyje said:

Congrats on the interview with CSUF!!  I hear they're a good MSW program. Wow, sounds much easier than CSUN.  And I love the smaller group size.  My CSUN interview had 8 interviewees and I could see a smaller group fostering better connection with the interviewers.  Who were the interviewers with CSUF?

It was nice!! I think I might actually be leaning toward them as my top choice. The interviewers were the admissions director who also did the info night and a professor. 

15 hours ago, Dogmama said:

It was nice!! I think I might actually be leaning toward them as my top choice. The interviewers were the admissions director who also did the info night and a professor. 

That is awesome!  Sounds like a great interview experience. Do you mind sharing what were a couple of the top things that really sold you on CSUF?

1 hour ago, gradapplyje said:

That is awesome!  Sounds like a great interview experience. Do you mind sharing what were a couple of the top things that really sold you on CSUF?

I’m an alumni so I’m already familiar with the campus and I liked all the information they provided at the info session. I also liked the flow of the interview and how all of us applicants interacted.

On 3/5/2022 at 11:22 AM, Kaykay321 said:

Does anybody know anyone who attended or is attending UT Austin for their MSW? I would love to talk to them if so. 

Hi, I recently applied for the post BSW program. Which one did you apply for?

20 hours ago, xochipilli said:

Anyone who applied within the January 15th deadline for UChicago SSA still waiting to hear back? Any deets would be appreciated.

I'm on the same boat! Been relentlessly checking the portal since 9th after seeing the results came in around 10th for the past years... I guess it'll be either this upcoming monday or tuesday

On 2/23/2022 at 6:58 AM, gg1998 said:

Hi everyone! I was recently accepted to UPenn, Rutgers and DU. Still waiting anxiously on UNC and UW if anyone has heard anything from them 

Yes, got the acceptance of UW on around 4th March~

On 3/11/2022 at 12:14 PM, Dogmama said:

I’m an alumni so I’m already familiar with the campus and I liked all the information they provided at the info session. I also liked the flow of the interview and how all of us applicants interacted.

That's great! When you get a good feeling, you just know.  Good luck to you!! Post your final decision when you get there! All the best!  

Hey! Has anyone still not heard from UPenn? I applied by the priority deadline on Dec 1st and had my interview Feb 9th. My interviewer told me I'd hear back in 2-4 weeks but I still haven't heard back. I emailed and they just told me that they're backlogged by the volume of applications and I'd hear back by the end of this month/in a couple of weeks.

It's super frustrating that they're taking so long, I've gotten all my other decisions and I don't know what the point of the priority deadline was! 

I just got into UCLA MSW program. I got a letter from the Social Welfare Program. In the letter it says, "Based on your outstanding application, the admission committee has recommended to
the UCLA Graduate Division that you be admitted to the Department of Social Welfare in the Luskin School of Public Affairs beginning Fall 2022." It goes on to say that I'll get a letter soon from the actual UCLA Graduate Division. It seems like a bit of a convoluted process, like they recommended that I get in but I haven't actually gotten in yet? Either way, I'm excited! I found out this afternoon. 

Edited by MSW2022_applicant

10 minutes ago, MSW2022_applicant said:

I just got into UCLA MSW program. I got a letter from the Social Welfare Program. In the letter it says, "Based on your outstanding application, the admission committee has recommended to
the UCLA Graduate Division that you be admitted to the Department of Social Welfare in the Luskin School of Public Affairs beginning Fall 2022." It goes on to say that I'll get a letter soon from the actual UCLA Graduate Division. It seems like a bit of a convoluted process, like they recommended that I get in but I haven't actually gotten in yet? Either way, I'm excited! I found out this afternoon. 

I received the same type of letter from NC state & got my official acceptance less than 2 days later! congratulations :) 

24 minutes ago, MSW2022_applicant said:

Congrats!! Have you tried checking your portal? I found out via portal (graduate division) two weeks before the MSW program sent anything to me. I also just got the letter lol 

On 3/13/2022 at 10:34 AM, Satipatt said:

I'm on the same boat! Been relentlessly checking the portal since 9th after seeing the results came in around 10th for the past years... I guess it'll be either this upcoming monday or tuesday

Anything ??

1 hour ago, MSW2022_applicant said:

Also - has anyone heard from Columbia who applied by regular deadline ( I applied Feb 14)? I saw online that they extended their deadline from February 15 to April 1st.... any clue what that means? 

Not sure, but we should probably hear from them in the next few weeks. I called the other day (I applied Feb 15th) asking about a timeline because I have <4 weeks to respond to NYU, and they told me to call back in 2 weeks if I still haven't heard because that's when they can do more to push mine through. I'm waiting until then to ask for an extension for my decision.

2 minutes ago, srose2022 said:

Not sure, but we should probably hear from them in the next few weeks. I called the other day (I applied Feb 15th) asking about a timeline because I have <4 weeks to respond to NYU, and they told me to call back in 2 weeks if I still haven't heard because that's when they can do more to push mine through. I'm waiting until then to ask for an extension for my decision.

Awesome thank you this is super helpful. I was worried that because they pushed deadline to April 1st, that it would extend the admissions process out. Good luck!! 

1 minute ago, MSW2022_applicant said:

Awesome thank you this is super helpful. I was worried that because they pushed deadline to April 1st, that it would extend the admissions process out. Good luck!! 

Happy to help! I 10000% recommend calling if that's something you're comfortable with if you end up waiting-- the admissions person I talked to was super friendly and definitely helped me get a better understanding of the situation. Good luck to you too:)