MSW Fall 2022 Applications

moria95

On 3/15/2022 at 1:07 PM, doievenknow said:

I think GOFP candidates have already been chosen, I did not apply for that because I felt the essay prompt was harder if I tried to make it match fellowship standards hahaha.... Not really sure about the DCFS stipends though! Did you apply for that? I got my financial aid package which was all loans so I'm starting the hunt for some external scholarships.... :')

You are correct, Oliver confirmed it yesterday. I am with you on the Loans and the hunt... will you be able to attend the orientation April 7? I am so excited!!

21 hours ago, Normanaitor said:

You are correct, Oliver confirmed it yesterday. I am with you on the Loans and the hunt... will you be able to attend the orientation April 7? I am so excited!!

Not sure yet if I can make it due to work but I'm very excited as well!! 

Edited by doievenknow

On 3/16/2022 at 7:14 PM, KaraM said:

I have been accepted to Bryn Mawr's MSS program, which is lovely, but it is the only campus program I applied to and I really would like to avoid moving across the country. I am waiting on 4 decisions from Advanced Standing Online MSW programs, so fingers crossed! Has anyone heard good or bad things about the following programs, specifically the advanced standing or online programs? Thanks everyone! It has been so interesting to see where everyone has applied/is attending. Good luck all! 

Columbia

Syracuse

Tulane

Widener

Accepted to Tulane! 

14 hours ago, Kaykay321 said:

I received my fellowship offer for UC Berkeley. $12,000 total to be split up into 2 years. I'm very disappointed although not surprised. Definitely doing to decline. 

How did you hear about the fellowship--via email? I'm not sure how to tell if I got offered anything or not.

Does anyone know if UCLA has a virtual admitted students day or student ambassadors? I probably won’t be able to make the April 7th event but I’d really love to talk to some current students and try to really get a feel for the program 

In UC Berkeley's newest email, at the bottom they stated "All notifications regarding fellowship offers from the department have now been sent out". I'm guessing that no email means no fellowship from them? A bit frustrated at the lack of clarity as I haven't heard anything from their financial aid department either. 

If anyone else has any insight or clarity, I would appreciate it!

On 3/21/2022 at 8:41 AM, workerbee said:

Does anyone know if UCLA has a virtual admitted students day or student ambassadors? I probably won’t be able to make the April 7th event but I’d really love to talk to some current students and try to really get a feel for the program 

There is a FB group if you have accepted your spot. Search UCLA MSW 2024 there are admins that can answer your questions. 

Just got accepted to Simmons Online MSW for the September 2022 cohort! 

This past year has been such a crazy journey. Huge congratulations to everyone on their respective acceptances! I will be putting my deposit down today, so I will be logging out of my account on here. Thanks everyone for all your help in this process!!!

Edited by dontbeastranger

43 minutes ago, nervousmswgal said:

Congrats to you too!!!

I am located in Charlotte, NC currently, so I will be relocating! Will you be officially attending?

Hope everything goes smoothly with finding housing and all. Yes, I plan on accepting the offer as soon as I get that email to confirm. 

On 3/19/2022 at 4:14 PM, KaraM said:

Accepted to Tulane! 

I would be wary of Tulane's program, especially because of the price tag that comes with it. I know several people in the MSW program who advised me against applying because the admin really is not great at all; after Ida, I knew someone who had a tarped roof and was dealing with a lot of ramifications as a consequence of the storm (a Cat 4 on the anniversary of Katrina in a place where hurricanes happen every year) and admin was not flexible or understanding of the situation and wanted business as usual as soon as possible. Definitely worth considering when evaluating options!

On 3/21/2022 at 3:31 PM, Sharks679 said:

In UC Berkeley's newest email, at the bottom they stated "All notifications regarding fellowship offers from the department have now been sent out". I'm guessing that no email means no fellowship from them? A bit frustrated at the lack of clarity as I haven't heard anything from their financial aid department either. 

If anyone else has any insight or clarity, I would appreciate it!

I'm in the same boat but a poster above said they were offered a fellowship by email, so...yeah, sounds like we did not get one. Still a chance of getting one from an admitted student who decides to go somewhere else, but the chances were small in the first place.

I haven't heard anything about financial aid either (calconnect says there is "no financial aid info to show"), but that info might come later?

On 3/15/2022 at 11:33 PM, xochipilli said:

Same here:

“Thank you for your patience as we review your application. Although we anticipated releasing your decision by March 15, the review process is taking longer than expected. Our holistic review process and careful consideration of each application sometimes makes for a lengthy review process. We anticipate releasing your decision by March 25.

When a decision has been released, you will receive an email notifying you that your application status has changed. You can then log into your application portal to view the decision. 

Please don't hesitate to contact Admissions at admissions@crownschool.uchicago.edu with any questions. Have a great day!”

I wish you all the best as you wait for a decision tomorrow. I applied on 28th February 2022. I don't know when the decision will come out, but I will be rooting for you to get in. Alot of positive news for MPP applicants this year.

Hello! I am curious if anyone accepted to or interested in Smith's MSW program could share more about their thoughts on the program.

I am both excited about and conflicted about their unique block structure and the unknowns about field placement and would love to hear others' perspectives on it.

All my best to everyone!!