MSW Canadian Applications Fall 2023

Congrats to everyone who has heard or been accepted somewhere! 

Does anyone know if there is another forum this year where ppl are posting on this topic? Super antsy and last years very active play by play of where the schools were at was very stress inducing but also kinda helpful? 

Thanks!!

1 hour ago, nervousqueen said:

Congrats to everyone who has heard or been accepted somewhere! 

Does anyone know if there is another forum this year where ppl are posting on this topic? Super antsy and last years very active play by play of where the schools were at was very stress inducing but also kinda helpful? 

Thanks!!

The forum usually picks up end of February through April as more people get their results

Edited by BingBongBingBong

On 1/29/2023 at 7:50 AM, Joyful13 said:

Hello! Anybody else apply for WLU, MSW, non-BSW, online part-time program, September 2023 start? This is my THIRD time applying! My grades are not stellar, I think I have an 78% average over last two years. However, this time I have 15,000 hours of experience and over 5000 of which are clinical (addictions counsellor, mental health counsellor, and now a therapist within a private practice). I have my diploma in Social Service Work and my BA in Psychology (really wish I had done the BSW....). 

I wish they didn't make us wait so long ?

Good luck everyone! 

Hello! I applied to this program as well for the September start (also non BSW)! Oh, my I can see your dedication!! Crossing fingers for you this round!! I know it’s a great program as it allows students to work while completing it since it is online. 

Personally, I think I really messed up on the “critical social issue” essay that they required us to write, so I highly doubt I am gonna get in. I wrote it very much last minute and didn’t do my best in that part!! I am still antsy about getting results though!!

5 minutes ago, ManukaHoney said:

Hello! I applied to this program as well for the September start (also non BSW)! Oh, my I can see your dedication!! Crossing fingers for you this round!! I know it’s a great program as it allows students to work while completing it since it is online. 

Personally, I think I really messed up on the “critical social issue” essay that they required us to write, so I highly doubt I am gonna get in. I wrote it very much last minute and didn’t do my best in that part!! I am still antsy about getting results though!!

Thank you so much, likewise!!!

I hope you are just having some imposter syndrome and it is in fact, as good as I believe it could be!

Best of luck! The waiting part is the worst... :-)

Just got a call from U of T! Accepted into the 1-year advanced standing program! I'll be crying all day! My portal has not been updated yet in SGS. I got a call from Michael Shier into the Human Services Management and Leadership stream. I applied through the Black student application. I'm not sure if what stream you applied to makes a difference if they call or not. My Last name starts with an F. Good luck to all! :) 

Ps. Would love to get a FB group going once folks here back! 

Edited by Juli3270

2 hours ago, Juli3270 said:

Just got a call from U of T! Accepted into the 1-year advanced standing program! I'll be crying all day! My portal has not been updated yet in SGS. I got a call from Michael Shier into the Human Services Management and Leadership stream. I applied through the Black student application. I'm not sure if what stream you applied to makes a difference if they call or not. My Last name starts with an F. Good luck to all! :) 

Congratulations and thanks for posting. A sign that news is on the way.

On 2/14/2023 at 6:08 PM, appamomo said:

Hello! I was accepted for McMaster's Critical Analysis program at the start of February. I was told I would receive an official letter via email within 5-7 business days but I haven't gotten anything yet. Has anyone been sent an official letter yet? 

Congrats on being accepted!! Only 6-7 students get selected for the MSW Critical Analysis program each year. I've been trying to get into this program for over three years. I sent you a private message if you are able to share some insights.

For the official letter, I would email Darlene, she is wonderful and gets back to you very quickly.

7 hours ago, Juli3270 said:

Made a FB group for the FIFSW MSW at U of T for folks to join as they hear back about acceptances :). 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/953216012504785/?ref=share&mibextid=ykz3hlhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/953216012504785/?ref=share&mibextid=ykz3hl

Edited by Juli3270

23 hours ago, WoooSW said:

Has anyone who was "recommended for admission" from dalhousie received an official letter of acceptance from the registrar or know when these usually come out?

I'm in the same boat as you! Still waiting to receive an official letter. Hopefully we'll receive it within the next week since their website states that results are released in mid-February. Congratulations! :)

Hey there! I remember the stress and excitement of this forum last year, I’m currently in the 2 year program at Carleton and last year I was accepted Feb 24 if that helps anyone :) slightly before that (a day maybe) it changed to review in progress by faculty of post doctorate affairs or something. 

On 2/15/2023 at 9:43 AM, ManukaHoney said:

Does anyone know when UofT MSW 2 year program notifies results? Usually around what month do they start sending decisions?

Late March/early April! Last year I found out on March 23. I checked my Acorn and had the red $500 deposit required on my dashboard. SGS portal was updated a week later. 

On 2/15/2023 at 2:48 PM, Juli3270 said:

oh my god congratulations!!!! can i ask what your professional experience looked like? 

and thank you for updating us it’s good to know the ball is starting the roll!!

1 hour ago, cookiecrumble said:

oh my god congratulations!!!! can i ask what your professional experience looked like? 

and thank you for updating us it’s good to know the ball is starting the roll!!

Thank you!  

For my professional experience, I did my undergrad in health studies and a certificate program in community engagement, leadership and development, will be finishing my HBSW in June. I've worked in clinical research for the past 5 years. Currently working pt as an RA and a program leader for youth spaces. I have my SOCRA CCRP designation in research. Volunteer wise, 4 years at Sick Kids throughout my undergrad in research and child life, ECEA, and treasure for a community garden committee. More recently, volunteer notetaker, hospice, and started a social work club.

Yes, exciting that the ball is rolling and I wish everyone the best with their applications!! :) 

Edited by Juli3270

2 hours ago, fuzzyppeach said:

Hi everyone! I just received my acceptance to UWindsor's 2-year program. I am very excited! Waiting to hear back from Laurier and UofT :) 

Hi! Congratulations! 

Just wondering do you happen to know when your application status changed to "in progress"? Just checked and mine changed on the 10th! 

Thank you and good luck with the rest of your applications! 

5 hours ago, Sat30984 said:

Hello! Just wanted to let people who applied to Waterloo's advanced standing program know that I got an acceptance today when I signed into Quest. I did not get an email notification and noticed when I did my daily sign in. I do plan to accept. Wishing everyone the best of luck!

Omg congratulations!! Did you apply for the full-time or part-time program? Mine still has no answer unfortunately!

2 hours ago, nervousqueen said:

Hi! Congratulations! 

Just wondering do you happen to know when your application status changed to "in progress"? Just checked and mine changed on the 10th! 

Thank you and good luck with the rest of your applications! 

Hey! Mine changed on the 10th, and then changed again on the 15th. I've been checking every single day haha.

Best of luck to you too!