mfa2026letsgooooo Posted March 27 Posted March 27 Is anyone planning on releasing a spot at UPenn or Cornell?
marxista Posted March 27 Posted March 27 3 hours ago, dada123 said: Can I ask why? not in a great place, and we all know only rich kids go—even those who take out loans are rich. Also, a bit of tone deafness is needed to seriously consider giving money you don’t have to such an evil institution SocialKonstruct, noplace and Yoasianguy 2 1
ferretpalace Posted March 27 Posted March 27 Can't believe it was just announced that Josephine Halvorson is leaving BU painting (where I was accepted) and joining Yale (where I was waitlisted) 😭😭 Moodyapplier and artluv 2
artluv Posted March 27 Posted March 27 46 minutes ago, ferretpalace said: Can't believe it was just announced that Josephine Halvorson is leaving BU painting (where I was accepted) and joining Yale (where I was waitlisted) 😭😭 I saw this too.... so sad... really wanted to work with her
artschoolfrenzy Posted March 27 Posted March 27 19 hours ago, aquacita said: I've heard MICA is a really really good program especially for painting. UK schools like Goldsmiths are kind of elitist in the sense that its dominated by rich international kids who act poor for fun. Their program is also very self-directed compared to US schools. I would go with MICA. I'm also waiting to hear back from Pratt for sculpture but I got into MICA for Mount Royal as well as Goldsmiths but I think I would still prefer to go to MICA over Pratt thanks so much
Moodyapplier Posted March 27 Posted March 27 16 hours ago, artluv said: I saw this too.... so sad... really wanted to work with her I’m really bummed about this too, I wrote extensively about working with her in my application process. I wonder if it was a quick thing or if they knew ahead of time. ferretpalace 1
SocialKonstruct Posted March 28 Posted March 28 On 3/26/2026 at 8:26 PM, artluv said: I saw this too.... so sad... really wanted to work with her Well that makes sense in fact. Molly Zuckerman-Hartung isn't at Yale anymore so they need a new painting prof to take over the old position which Josephine Halvorson will be assuming. Ironically I have attended the former artist's lectures during my MFA tenure at ArtCenter LOL (I am stunned no one here is going to ArtCenter MFA program.)... https://www.artcenter.edu/connect/events/FA25-grad-art-seminar-molly-zuckerman-hartung.html and
Stranger43 Posted March 28 Posted March 28 (edited) Regarding Josephine Havlorson's departure from BU: for the incoming MFA students who feel disappointed, I understand. But I want to reassure you, because I have it on good authority that BU is going to make it a great experience for you no matter what. I don't want to say too much, because I teach at a different school in the Boston area and I don't want to be gossipy (even about good stuff), but suffice it to say that BU is going to be really intentional about making this shift awesome for the MFA program while they run a search to replace her. Changes in academic leadership are inevitable, and the program's reputation and grad student work has grown to be exceptionally good over the past several years. It can certainly withstand the change, and the school isn't going to let this be a disappointment for you. You're part of the group now so you can reach out to them with your questions. Please don't worry. And congratulations on your acceptance to the program, that is not easy! Edited March 28 by Stranger43 Edit for clarity/typo
Emolibra97 Posted March 30 Posted March 30 (edited) On 3/24/2026 at 10:55 PM, ix.pentacles said: Has anyone received an acceptance to the U of O MFA? I interviewed in February and just got a form email saying essentially "sorry it's taken so long but we've just made our decisions" last week, but no official word yet. Hey, I got the same email. I saw someone here and another person in a different forum get their rejections on the 18th. I was also interviewed. I think we are in tbh. I have a feeling they're working on sorting out financial packages that's why it's taking longer given that they are struggling with funding. Edited March 30 by Emolibra97
ix.pentacles Posted March 30 Posted March 30 11 minutes ago, Emolibra97 said: Hey, I got the same email. I saw someone here and another person in a different forum get their rejections on the 18th. I was also interviewed. I think we are in tbh. I have a feeling they're working on sorting out financial packages that's why it's taking longer given that they are struggling with funding. I feel like you're right... and I'm also getting antsy bc they're the last school I want to hear back from before locking in and making my decision. lol. Best of luck to you, whatever ends up happening! Emolibra97 1
jobahza Posted March 31 Posted March 31 Applying to art school is wild. If the 3 waitlisted schools aren't able to open a spot I'll apply next year, but definitely eye opening for what schools I will/won't apply to again based on my experience with them. Really disappointed by U of A for the complete lack of communication. Seems like a shit show there anyways (I work at the U)
szarh15 Posted March 31 Posted March 31 8 minutes ago, jobahza said: Applying to art school is wild. If the 3 waitlisted schools aren't able to open a spot I'll apply next year, but definitely eye opening for what schools I will/won't apply to again based on my experience with them. Really disappointed by U of A for the complete lack of communication. Seems like a shit show there anyways (I work at the U) Did you ever hear back from UIC? I still haven't received any updates from them
jobahza Posted March 31 Posted March 31 46 minutes ago, szarh15 said: Did you ever hear back from UIC? I still haven't received any updates from them Same here. I looked UIC up on here and I've seen others just never hearing from them either way. I may reach out though and see what's up
noplace Posted March 31 Posted March 31 just received waitlist notice for Columbia painting. I will go if I can
Cclaura Posted March 31 Posted March 31 7 hours ago, jobahza said: Applying to art school is wild. If the 3 waitlisted schools aren't able to open a spot I'll apply next year, but definitely eye opening for what schools I will/won't apply to again based on my experience with them. Really disappointed by U of A for the complete lack of communication. Seems like a shit show there anyways (I work at the U) I’m so sorry that was your experience. I had a different experience with them. They did tell me they cut their cohort next year by 1/2-2/3 and only accepted a couple people (3 I think?) Their faculty seems really great and I’m heavily leaning toward excepting their offer. I’m only waiting to hear back from three more schools I interviewed for before making it official.
waiting2026 Posted April 1 Posted April 1 Waitlisted for columbia moving image. Does the waitlist tend to move much at columbia?
paintstress Posted April 1 Posted April 1 has anyone moved off the uchicago waitlist/does anyone plan on releasing their uchicago spot 😕
mfa20262026 Posted April 1 Posted April 1 just turned down my spot at at saic for photo! best of luck for whoever gets it ❤️
jobahza Posted April 1 Posted April 1 12 hours ago, Cclaura said: I’m so sorry that was your experience. I had a different experience with them. They did tell me they cut their cohort next year by 1/2-2/3 and only accepted a couple people (3 I think?) Their faculty seems really great and I’m heavily leaning toward excepting their offer. I’m only waiting to hear back from three more schools I interviewed for before making it official. Wishing you all the best! My gripes are with the grad coordinator. She never responded to my emails before, during and after I applied. I just don't get why she's the main point of contact if she won't respond to applicants. I'm glad you liked the faculty!! Cclaura 1
sillypersimmon.21 Posted April 1 Posted April 1 1 hour ago, jobahza said: Anyone releasing a spot from UW Madison or UMN? ❤️ I may be releasing from Minnesota. The admitted students day is tomorrow and I am waiting to make my choice until after I attend that- I was offered a fellowship there, but I have a couple of stronger offers elsewhere that are tough to beat.
jobahza Posted April 2 Posted April 2 13 hours ago, sillypersimmon.21 said: I may be releasing from Minnesota. The admitted students day is tomorrow and I am waiting to make my choice until after I attend that- I was offered a fellowship there, but I have a couple of stronger offers elsewhere that are tough to beat. Sounds good. Wishing you the best MN is my number one, but if I don't get in off the waitlist this year I'll apply next ❤️
JonCone Posted April 2 Posted April 2 Anyone releasing a spot from IU Herron or Uof Louisville? Thank you!
998student0 Posted April 2 Posted April 2 I ended up getting off waitlist at UC Irvine! Fully funded program with stipend. Toured and amazing facilities. If anyone else is attending please let me know! jobahza and ix.pentacles 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now