MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

UCI candidates were already notified of interview requests.

No news here. I'm just assuming I'm going to be rejected so maybe I can trick myself into not thinking about it for another week or two. Not working so far :P

Edit-- any word on UC irvine?

Thanks! The Photo details say the same, but I saw an old post from someone that received acceptance for Photo via email around mid-Feb. However, there's not too much info about UNM on this forum. It seems not a lot of people apply to the program.

Ironically I just got a rejection letter from UNM in the mail. So keep an eye out.

Has anyone been accepted without an interview? If so, where?

What am I expect in an interview? My interview at Northwestern is only 20 mins., is it normal to have a time cap?

From last years forum it looked like u of washington started to get back to people late February/ Early march. SO hopefully we will hear something soon!

I just got accepted to UW Seattle for Painting/Drawing! The email said they tried to call me, but I didn't have any missed calls. I've been accepted to UW and UWisc both without interviews. Hope that helps!

If I were you, I would get a good friend to do a 'practice' skype interview with you. I did it to practice and it really helped, since it is just so difference to be yourself and articulate in front of a screen.

I'm going to do this with my sister-in-law. I can see myself getting even more flustered than necessary if I haven't used it before.

Anyone here apply to RISD for painting?

I got a letter requesting more info for financial aid, but I haven't had an email about an interview yet

(i saw that a few others had received emails for an interview from different departments- not painting)

what does this mean? anything?

has this happened to anyone else?

I am happy to hear painters haven't heard anything yet. I got an email on Feb. 3rd about FAFSA deadlines and that is all I have heard from them. Online my applications status reads, In Review. Only time will tell, very slow time...

Yup, but I know from experience that it doesn't mean you're not wait listed haha

Last year straight up rejections came around the 26, so we'll see? I'm gonna give them a call tmrw or Monday as I already got accepted somewhere and want to gauge where I am, so I'll post if I learn anything.

are you sure they interview everyone?

Tyler, for example, interviews photography finalists, but apparently not painting finalists.

Ironically I just got a rejection letter from UNM in the mail. So keep an eye out.

Sorry to hear that! And thanks for the heads up. What does your application status say online? Mine has said this for a while:

Application Status: Complete ready for review Decision: Final/Dept Review

Hello everybody freaking out-

Has any one applied to RISD's MFA in Photography? Heard anything? Have any clue what there time line is like?

I've applied 3 schools:

Yale - denied

CalArts - interview

RISD - no news yet

Thanks fellow those of worry

I applied to RISD for photo and haven't heard anything yet. I'll be at CalArts photo interviews on the 8th too! :)

Sorry to hear that! And thanks for the heads up. What does your application status say online? Mine has said this for a while:

Application Status: Complete ready for review Decision: Final/Dept Review

Mine still says that.

Have either of you attended a community college or have transfer credits from another school ? Early in January I called to see if they had received everything and they said they were waiting on a transcript from my community college ( I dropped the ball and didn't think in was needed because those grades from cc were posted on my 4 year universities transcript and i never even attended , only took the classes through my high school ) but i sent it in , knowing it was going to be late, and on their banner app said they received it on the 23rd of jan. Admissions told me it wouldn't be an issue it being over a week late...but it still worried me.

Bingo. I knew I would never make it in time to obtain my CC transcript. Honestly the week after I finished my last aplication I was just so exhausted from the stress I didn't follow up to submit one late either. My status says missing info also. I was finishing my last semester of undergrad the same month as trying to do these applications. But it sucks to lose money because I missed the fine print, or thought it wouldn't matter.

So, when visiting artists and my profs told me most BFA grads wait a while before getting into an MFA program due to maturation of the artwork, I'm going to seriously consider that fine print and the pain in the rear-ness of the application process could have also played a part.

UCI painters were notified? I spoke with a current student and they said no decisions had been made yet....

Blah, I am trying not to lose the faith after 4 rejections and only 1 interview so far. Not sure why my expectations are/were so high. Anyone else feeling the same? Blah. I'm already starting to think about preparing for next round. haha. Give me my funding damnit! :P

Anyone have any news for U. Oregon ?

Edited by TheSweetestPainter

I applied to RISD for photo and haven't heard anything yet. I'll be at CalArts photo interviews on the 8th too! :)

Oh nice. Maybe we will meet. Do you know much about the RISD program. For such a great school, there does not seem to be many grads around (i know, kinda vague comment) but also few on this site have applied. I just wonder, you know?

Oh nice. Maybe we will meet. Do you know much about the RISD program. For such a great school, there does not seem to be many grads around (i know, kinda vague comment) but also few on this site have applied. I just wonder, you know?

It is too early to hear from RISD from last years threads. Perhaps not for another 2 weeks or so.

Many people don't list all the schools that they applied to (or even any of them). Yes, I applied there. Also, most people who apply, aren't on here. I'm sure that they get many applications.

Edited by Fool4nine

It is too early to hear from RISD from last years threads. Perhaps not for another 2 weeks or so.

Many people don't list all the schools that they applied to (or even any of them). Yes, I applied there. Also, most people who apply, aren't on here. I'm sure that they get many applications.

Has anyone applied to UIC???

@TheSweetestPainter- If you've been asked to interview somewhere I feel as though that puts you at least statistically in the running for acceptance. As for myself, I'm a little shocked and almost impressed by the amount of hubris that possessed me to apply where I did. I maintain however that I was blinded by last-minute decision making and since I feel I'll have no choice but to reapply next year my decisions will be much more well informed.

Edited by polyethylene

it's friday and I haven't heard anything this week...a little disheartening.

!!! just tell us schools.

Not sure this may make you feel better, but you are not alone kazoo!

After missing the boats of UCI and MICA, I’m just hoping for USC now..