MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

YAY!!! Congrats!!

Thanks, but I don't think I'll be going. The program was waaay too big for my tastes. However, it's good to FINALLY have an acceptance under my belt and I will definitely consider it once I get the financial aid info from them.

Just checked financial aid at my.newschool.edu . They finally updated it.

Your estimated cost of attendance is $60,366.00.

You have been awarded financial aid which totals $20,500.00. (of unsubsidized loans)

Yikes.

i can't access my financial aid info yet!.. says "This page is not enabled for current user role"

do any one of you guys know if RISD has already notify anybody yet?

I talked to someone at an interview who was waitlisted at RISD and she said they told her they had made all their decisions (this was for painting). I didn't hear it from them, so take it as you will.

I talked to someone at an interview who was waitlisted at RISD and she said they told her they had made all their decisions (this was for painting). I didn't hear it from them, so take it as you will.

thank you!

....................................sigh................................

Thanks, but I don't think I'll be going. The program was waaay too big for my tastes. However, it's good to FINALLY have an acceptance under my belt and I will definitely consider it once I get the financial aid info from them.

I completely understand, that is exactly how I feel about SFAI. They have over 100 grad students. I haven't really decided how i feel about being in a program that large.

I completely understand, that is exactly how I feel about SFAI. They have over 100 grad students. I haven't really decided how i feel about being in a program that large.

Yeah, SMFA has over a hundred. My undergrad was really small (fine arts had 12 students) and I really feel like I flourished in that type of environment. You know all of your professors and all of your fellow students and it feels like a real community. It would definitely be jarring for me to be in such a large class.

Does anybody know if VCU's Craft/Material Studies programs conducted interviews? I'm curious about the furniture program in particular, but would love to hear if you know about any other Craft/Mat Stud discipline such as ceramics, etc. Trying to figure out if I'm in the running at all. I emailed them to ask when we might hear admissions decisions from Craft/Material Studies, but I haven't heard back from them.

MICA finally responded. They said I ranked in their top 15% of applicants, but they couldn't admit me into the MFA. They offered me a spot in their post-bacc program.

I don't want a post-bacc degree, though. I want a Master's. Even though MICA was my #1, I think I might decline.

Hey lfwd,

when were you notified?

For which program? If you look at my signature I list the dates I received notification from each program.

do any one of you guys know if RISD has already notify anybody yet?

RISD made phone calls for acceptances to the painting department last week.

MICA finally responded. They said I ranked in their top 15% of applicants, but they couldn't admit me into the MFA. They offered me a spot in their post-bacc program.

I don't want a post-bacc degree, though. I want a Master's. Even though MICA was my #1, I think I might decline.

Hey Tall, Sorry to know that, i know u were waiting on it.

As a matter of fact, You have got into really gr8 schools, so u dont need to worry at all. :)

Hey btw how did you find out?? did they email you today ???

Edited by hrishi

I was responding to your post and later when i checked i got their response in mail saying the same thing that they would offer a post bacc program and i was listed in their top 15% and to know about the course i can talk to.....

I have not received any mail from VCU to confirm my doubts. So i think now i will most probably go with PRATT. How about you??

Interview with Pratt..................................................mid April

:wacko:

Interview with NYU......................................coming weekend

Hunter................................................................... Rejected

:(

SVA, Brooklyn College, City College, Columbia..... No Word

:blink:

......................................Sigh................................................

I was responding to your post and later when i checked i got their response in mail saying the same thing that they would offer a post bacc program and i was listed in their top 15% and to know about the course i can talk to.....

I have not received any mail from VCU to confirm my doubts. So i think now i will most probably go with PRATT. How about you??

I'm going to call and discuss my status a bit more. If I can't wiggle my way into their wait list, it will most likely be Pratt. I'm waiting to hear from SVA, but I'm still leaning more towards Pratt. It's looking more and more like we'll be classmates in a few months!

Interview with Pratt..................................................mid April

Interview with NYU......................................coming weekend

Hunter................................................................... Rejected

:(

SVA, Brooklyn College, City College, Columbia..... No Word

:blink:

......................................Sigh................................................

I know that Brooklyn and City College don't notify until end of March/beginning of April. I peeked at last years thread and the earliest I could pinpoint someone getting notified from either of those schools was March 30th from Brooklyn College. Don't lose hope yet. I'm sitting in the same boat waiting responses from them too.