MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

Before you received the call, did your online admssion status say "decision ready" by any chance? I was told by my interviewer that I will know by Tuesday the latest, and I still haven't, I think this is very bad :(

My application said " decision ready" as of Wednesday and I got an acceptance call yesterday- I don't think anyone was notified earlier than Thursday. I don't know if that helps...

Before you received the call, did your online admssion status say "decision ready" by any chance? I was told by my interviewer that I will know by Tuesday the latest, and I still haven't, I think this is very bad :(

My application said " decision ready" as of Wednesday and I got an acceptance call yesterday- I don't think anyone was notified earlier than Thursday. I don't know if that helps...

That is so weird about Rutgers sending the rejection emails after the letters! Sorry about that guys. I still haven't heard from them, which at this point I am still assuming rejection so I'm just wondering why it's not here yet.

On a side note I did get rejected from University of Miami today. I don't think anyone on here applied there but figured I would mention it if anyone had or will in the future.

Whoa! So they sent out acceptances to the wrong people?? That must have been crushing.

It was after the first round of rejections and acceptances had been sent, they accidentally sent out unsigned acceptance letters to around 30 people at the end of march. It was crushing, but it taught me to look out for a signature in a letter!

It was after the first round of rejections and acceptances had been sent, they accidentally sent out unsigned acceptance letters to around 30 people at the end of march. It was crushing, but it taught me to look out for a signature in a letter!

Ugh, how can a school have something like that happen?

Also, kazoo, I feel I should do what you've done in your signature with rejections! I'm already prepping for another year of working and applying again....sigh...

Did they say when they're going to be sending out decisions?

They told me 6-8 weeks when I called at the end of February. So I waited exactly 8 weeks, called them again, and they told me official decisions get sent in the mail. Not very helpful.

I wish I had gotten all the remaining responses I've been waiting for this week, but I'll take what I got (one more rejection and one more acceptance) and hope next week things will come to a wrap... Good luck to everyone else on the same boat, congrats on the acceptances and for those that didn't get in this time, keep your fighting spirit, do good work and get ready for round two!

how did they let you know it was an error? so awful

I called them to schedule a visit! And the woman on the phone was like "uhhh sorry, there's been a mistake" so awful.

All in the past though :)

Anyone else hear back from Hoffberger? I only live 2 hours away from Baltimore and I haven't gotten a response yet. I've heard tales of a mail hub being shut down in Frederick, MD and I'm hoping that might be the reason that I've been waking up to a mailbox full of coupons all week. Also our town's post office is notoriously slow... and our mailman frequently delivers our stuff to our neighbors house... Gah.

I had a really great interview and I feel like I really connected with the other students... Trying my best to hold onto some hope right now. I really need this to end. Soon.

I can only say that you should hear by the end of this week. Someone called Chris the Graduate co-odinator and he said you should know by Friday. I was also told in an email that it would happen by Friday.

I wish I had gotten all the remaining responses I've been waiting for this week, but I'll take what I got (one more rejection and one more acceptance) and hope next week things will come to a wrap... Good luck to everyone else on the same boat, congrats on the acceptances and for those that didn't get in this time, keep your fighting spirit, do good work and get ready for round two!

It will be round 3 for me!!! (granted I did get accepted to a school during round 1 but due to unfortunate circumstances I could not attend)

Edited by ten-of-swords

So I have been creeping on this forum for a while - I think I was too nervous about everything to actually make a post.

Today though I heard back and was accepted to Parson's Design and Technology program and Pratts MS Communication Design program.

I applied for the MFA program at Pratt - but was not accepted and instead offered the MS.

Does anyone have insight into the difference between these two programs in a practical sense?

Yeah. I was one of them. It was awful.

I was too and crushing is a good way to put it... In the long run though I think it helped fuel my studio practice this past year. All in the past...

Enjoy the weekend y'all!

^ That's terrible and awfully irresponsible of RISD.

They should have apologized to each and everyone of you, refunded your money and/or allowed you to attend.

I agree. They should let you attend. You ready have the official acceptance letter. I think the same thing happened to my school and they had to allow the person attend.

Wow, Rutgers REALLY wanted me know I was rejected. Yesterday, I received my letter via snail mail from Mason Gross that I was rejected. Then Rutgers' admissions sent me an email today, also letting me know that I was rejected. I hope that no one else go that too.

Also got the two rejections, as did my boyfriend..pfft

So I have been creeping on this forum for a while - I think I was too nervous about everything to actually make a post.

Today though I heard back and was accepted to Parson's Design and Technology program and Pratts MS Communication Design program.

I applied for the MFA program at Pratt - but was not accepted and instead offered the MS.

Does anyone have insight into the difference between these two programs in a practical sense?

I can answer that! I applied to the MFA (accepted there), but the difference was explained to me like this: The MS is intended to help you gain or refine your skills in design. It prepares you more for work as a designer in a design firm or company. The MFA is bigger on refining the practice and theory behind your design. If you want to teach the MFA is more for you. I don't really want to teach, but I have the technical skills to be a designer, so it made more sense to apply for the MFA.

It's not a "one is better than the other" thing, but just has to do with what each program focuses on.

As more and more time passes without hearing from MICA, it's looking more and more like I'm headed towards Pratt. If that's where you end up, do let me know!

Edited by ReallyTall

Got an official acceptance letter in the mail today by Parsons! With a handwritten note saying:

"Your work is very good. You should be proud! "

Super happy!!! :D

Still waiting for info on financial aid though..

I got exact same hand written note on the letter. It's a spam note. Parsons trying to appeal their financial needs obviously.