MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

So just to share the greatest of my tragedy this graduate admission season (and oh there are many, and probably many more to come): two days ago I finally was able to access my voice-mail system, and the first that I heard is from CCA to set up an interview. It was from many weeks ago, and I've nervously checking up on their website for my status almost everyday all this time as it's one of my top choices.

When I finally reached the person who called me yesterday, he told me at this point he have to talk to people about what to do with my situation and get back to me (hopefully, he said). I totally lost my chance didn't I T______T

PS: I remember that I saw the missed call from the 415 area code and specifically suspected of them, but the number he called from cannot be called. I talked to someone else from CCA and she told me that she doesn't know that number and the area code is probably just a coincidence, after I heard that I dismissed it and put off fixing my phone, oh so very very stupidly.

Edited by ysun71088

So just to share the greatest of my tragedy this graduate admission season (and oh there are many, and probably many more to come): two days ago I finally was able to access my voice-mail system, and the first that I heard is from CCA to set up an interview. It was from many weeks ago, and I've nervously checking up on their website for my status almost everyday all this time as it's one of my top choices.

When I finally reached the person who called me yesterday, he told me at this point he have to talk to people about what to do with my situation and get back to me (hopefully, he said). I totally lost my chance didn't I T______T

PS: I remember that I saw the missed call from the 415 area code and specifically suspected of them, but the number he called from cannot be called. I talked to someone else from CCA and she told me that she doesn't know that number and the area code is probably just a coincidence, after I heard that I dismissed it and put off fixing my phone, oh so very very stupidly.

...it's a little surprising that they wouldn't email you as well, or try again if you didn't respond right away...well, here's hoping they understand and hook you up with a chance.

...it's a little surprising that they wouldn't email you as well, or try again if you didn't respond right away...well, here's hoping they understand and hook you up with a chance.

Thanks for your good wish! I think I probably had the microscopic bit of a chance, and I messed up in the most pointless way possible. But it's OK, I know it's my fault, I had been under-performing for a while now for reasons that just does not seem very important anymore suddenly. My life it's not over, I'll take this as a lesson learned :)

Thanks for your good wish! I think I probably had the microscopic bit of a chance, and I messed up in the most pointless way possible. But it's OK, I know it's my fault, I had been under-performing for a while now for reasons that just does not seem very important anymore suddenly. My life it's not over, I'll take this as a lesson learned :)

Hope it works out, ysun!

You are indeed welcome.

..."under-performing"...I know this all too well...I am dealing with major "Senioritis" in my last months of school. Even though I am way too old to have such a problem, ha.

Got an official acceptance letter in the mail today by Parsons! With a handwritten note saying:

"Your work is very good. You should be proud! "

Super happy!!! :D

Still waiting for info on financial aid though..

Edited by humour

Got an official acceptance letter in the mail today by Parsons! With a handwritten note saying:

Accepted to CalArts' Art & Technology MFA program!

Accepted to MICA mt. royal via snail mail

Congrats!

That's awesome! I wonder if they do that to sway your decision. I, personally, would take it into consideration.

Got an email from Pratt saying they are accepting applications for their MFA program until March 30!

Any one else get this? Wondering if they are trying to pick up some people who got rejections elsewhere. I didn't apply but visited and talked to several profs who were encouraging...

WOW !! that is so cool...Congrats :)

Wow, Rutgers REALLY wanted me know I was rejected. Yesterday, I received my letter via snail mail from Mason Gross that I was rejected. Then Rutgers' admissions sent me an email today, also letting me know that I was rejected. I hope that no one else go that too.

Wow, Rutgers REALLY wanted me know I was rejected. Yesterday, I received my letter via snail mail from Mason Gross that I was rejected. Then Rutgers' admissions sent me an email today, also letting me know that I was rejected. I hope that no one else go that too.

Yeah, I received an email earlier this week, and a different one today! Thanks for making your point extra clear Rutgers...

now if only i could get some good news...

congratulations to everyone for their acceptances! and good luck to the rest

Anyone else hear back from Hoffberger? I only live 2 hours away from Baltimore and I haven't gotten a response yet. I've heard tales of a mail hub being shut down in Frederick, MD and I'm hoping that might be the reason that I've been waking up to a mailbox full of coupons all week. Also our town's post office is notoriously slow... and our mailman frequently delivers our stuff to our neighbors house... Gah.

I had a really great interview and I feel like I really connected with the other students... Trying my best to hold onto some hope right now. I really need this to end. Soon.

Yeah, I received an email earlier this week, and a different one today! Thanks for making your point extra clear Rutgers...

now if only i could get some good news...

congratulations to everyone for their acceptances! and good luck to the rest

An acceptance would balance out the world again.

Edited by Itsem

Accepted to MICA mt. royal via snail mail

Congrats to everyone! :]

Itsem- Me too! Got the rejection letter earlier, and the email today.

Wonderful news! Congratulations Noceh4!

Ditto, I suppose that's Rutgers way of softening the blow and talking me off this bridge... awkward

Edited by RaphaelF_S