MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

My note was a little different. Below the letter it says "Wonderful work, you should be very proud." Then off to the side it say "Your talents are well suited to our creative yet demanding program. Come join us." Did you guys have that too? I was skeptical of its genericness from the beginning.

No word about merit based scholarships either. Don't think it's a good sign because ... :-/

^How much funding did you get for Parsons. How did they notify you?

Got basically the same note :/ Did get a scholarship, though.

Has anyone's VCU online status changed? Mine doesnt say "Complete ready for review" anymore.

Anyone know if they interview everyone before they are accepted?

Edited by R. Mutt

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone had any opinnions on canadian grad schools - in particular Emily Carr and OCAD?

I looked into Emily Carr when I was researching schools and they don't offer an MFA, only an MAA (Master of Applied Arts). The program is designed to help you integrate into the work force, with a professional internship, etc. So it depends what you're looking for - I think that if you want to be a studio artist, it's probably not the best program (that's why I didn't apply).

Has anyone's VCU online status changed? Mine doesnt say "Complete ready for review" anymore.

Anyone know if they interview everyone before they are accepted?

Mine changed. Just means the graduate school is sending a letter soon. The sculpture program tried to get a letter out earlier promoting their summer studio program. Pretty sure they interview everyone and have already notified their candidates.

Have you heard anything from them on merit based scholarship ?

Just checked financial aid at my.newschool.edu . They finally updated it.

Your estimated cost of attendance is $60,366.00.

You have been awarded financial aid which totals $20,500.00. (of unsubsidized loans)

Yikes.