MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

ok guys news: Just got a fedex admitting me to Parsons MFA in fine art. They gave me a scholarship of $15000 annually.

Really to be honest was hoping for more. They were enthusiastic about my work in the skype interview, but I guess I was more nervous or something and didn't explain my practice that well...

Anyway yeah, I'm thinking of negotiating... especially with other offers on the table at the moment. The shortfall is $24000 a year that I'd have to come up with somehow if I were to take the offer. I don't think I can afford it right now.

Anyone else interview with Parsons/ receive word for fine art?

oh yeah and I got a handwritten note on the letter as well. Mostly illegible, have to find someone good at reading curved handwriting... haha something about "excellent work.... something something... where you will be allowed to develop as an artist perhaps use New York City as a muse"

Yes. Do that. You can certainly give it a try without any repercussions since the competing schools want you bad enough. I've had some Grad friends be successful with such things...look at it like a set of job offers.

Good luck and I hope you get the best deal!

Yes, that's what I was thinking. Thanks for the advice, OutWest!

Well maybe RISD will send you an offer too! I have a friend who got the Presidential Scholarship at RISD (full tuition)

Really don't think I'm getting any good news from RISD.. people already received call-backs.

How did you find out? My online application hasn't changed...

I got a call from Cathy Hunt. She said they just came back from spring break and everything was backed up as a result.

One thing that is good about being rejected from all of your schools: there is literally no way I could quit making art now. I would never be able to live with myself feeling like that sort of rejection stymied me. Bitterness makes good fuel!

^LIKE!

One thing that is good about being rejected from all of your schools: there is literally no way I could quit making art now. I would never be able to live with myself feeling like that sort of rejection stymied me. Bitterness makes good fuel!

I was rejected from all of my schools last year too, so I spent the last nine months basically birthing a new portfolio, a very ambitious new portfolio. I didn't get into my top choice schools, but I have been accepted this year with lots of funding. It really is true too, every time I was tired and didn't want to go to the studio, I would just think about all of those rejection letters. Hard work fueled by bitterness, it really is a winning combination.

i was just accepted to SVA, and am still somewhat surprised, honestly.

does anyone know about funding at SVA? my guess is that it's pricey and there's little in the way of financial aid packages, but does anyone know if they offer even marginal aid?

does anyone know about funding at SVA? my guess is that it's pricey and there's little in the way of financial aid packages, but does anyone know if they offer even marginal aid?

I got accepted by SVA too , MFA in photograhy, video and related media. wondering if they offer any financial aid for international applicant??? fingers crossed

I like your "I'm not going out like that" attitude. I went through a few months of not painting and was slightly bitter, but then I looked around at my walls and thought "I can't peak at this". Sure I'm proud of the work I have done, but I know I have even better work in me.

got 3 admissions in 2 days

NYU, Interactive Telecommunications MPS

Parsons, Design and Technology MFA with fund

SVA, Computer Arts MFA

Congratulations! I bet you're feeling pretty good today!

I like your "I'm not going out like that" attitude. I went through a few months of not painting and was slightly bitter, but then I looked around at my walls and thought "I can't peak at this". Sure I'm proud of the work I have done, but I know I have even better work in me.

Great attitudes, "sympatico" and "DanielaPainting". To DanielaPainting: don't peak at this too fast! Or there is a chance the fun could be over too soon ^_^ ... I started painting at age 27, I'm 47 now and I'm grateful to be more excited today about my work than when I first discovered art making. Nothing, absolutely nothing beats that.

got 3 admissions in 2 days

NYU, Interactive Telecommunications MPS

Parsons, Design and Technology MFA with fund

SVA, Computer Arts MFA

Wow! You nailed it! Congrats. All are great. Which one do you like better?

I just joined finally after utilizing this forum for some time. This has been my third time applying to grad schools (I graduated with my BFA in 2002), and I know how exhausting this has been on everyone. It doesn't matter if it is your 1st time or 10th time! I just wanted to chime in and add my own two cents to this board and say that everyone on here is completely different and unique. Through the work that those have decided to share with us, the work experiences, the past education, the vulnerabilities, and the perseverance, I must say that we are all in really good company on here. Nobody should be discouraged, because from an artistic standpoint we are doing what we love and everyone has a different approach to it. There is definitely individual tastes and preferences in art, but it is important to remember that their are no "wins or loses" for us in this world... just opportunities to learn and grow.

Great! Congratulations! How did you find out about SVA??

It's funny that SVA sent me a while ago an email with this information:

You will be issued an admission decision letter by mail. Although we

understand the anxiety and anticipation you may feel, it is our

school policy that we do not communicate admissions decisions by fax,

phone or e-mail.

And then, finally they do send out the acceptance letters by email.

I just joined finally after utilizing this forum for some time. This has been my third time applying to grad schools (I graduated with my BFA in 2002), and I know how exhausting this has been on everyone. It doesn't matter if it is your 1st time or 10th time! I just wanted to chime in and add my own two cents to this board and say that everyone on here is completely different and unique. Through the work that those have decided to share with us, the work experiences, the past education, the vulnerabilities, and the perseverance, I must say that we are all in really good company on here. Nobody should be discouraged, because from an artistic standpoint we are doing what we love and everyone has a different approach to it. There is definitely individual tastes and preferences in art, but it is important to remember that their are no "wins or loses" for us in this world... just opportunities to learn and grow.

Thanks for your perspective!

I agree. Personally I don't feel discouraged, more just like i'm in this weird limbo where I don't know whether to move on to the next battle, or hold out hope for this round. The silence is deafening, and without wanting to, I put a huge part of my energy into waiting, which is taking away from my time painting, creating etc. Any one else feel this way? I've been on the edge of my seat for over a month and a half, every day hoping for good news.