MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

Thanks for your perspective!

I agree. Personally I don't feel discouraged, more just like i'm in this weird limbo where I don't know whether to move on to the next battle, or hold out hope for this round. The silence is deafening, and without wanting to, I put a huge part of my energy into waiting, which is taking away from my time painting, creating etc. Any one else feel this way? I've been on the edge of my seat for over a month and a half, every day hoping for good news.

I definitely spent a lot of time worrying about what was going to happen - checking all my accounts, checking my email a billionty times. And now it's probably all for naught! I'm going to move soon, get a new job (hopefully), and try to focus on working on my art and giving it another go. But I really am trying to just relax about it. You have so little control over the process.

How did you find out about the rejection for Columbia? Snail or e-mail? And what concentration did you apply to?

Thanks!

Columbia sent email to check your online application... Maybe log-on to yours even if you haven't gotten the email? Personally I applied for Painting.

Unfortunately, I am done.

Columbia and Parsons weighed in last night and today, respectively, and it's over. (haven't heard from SAIC yet, but since they've done all the interviews...)

I wanted to thank you all for your kind support and feedback throughout this process.

Those who are in, Congratulations! Enjoy every minute of it!

Those who do not yet know, hang in there. I have heard good things come to those who wait.

If there is anyone who is in my boat, happy hour came early, let's get started!

Take care everyone!

I agree. Personally I don't feel discouraged, more just like i'm in this weird limbo where I don't know whether to move on to the next battle, or hold out hope for this round. The silence is deafening, and without wanting to, I put a huge part of my energy into waiting, which is taking away from my time painting, creating etc. Any one else feel this way? I've been on the edge of my seat for over a month and a half, every day hoping for good news.

I feel exactly the same way! At this point, I'm not just jealous of everyone's acceptances, I'm jealous of their rejections too! Come on peeps, just give it to me straight, I'm tired of waiting! The stress and waiting and silence have definitely affected my ability to create, and I haven't been spending a lot of time in the studio. But I have been doing a LOT of reading and research, which is an important part of my process, so my time hasn't been completely wasted. But yeah, I find it very difficult to know what to do right now, since I don't know what I'll be doing over the next few months. I thought that if I was rejected from all schools, I would be completely devastated, but since I've been hearing nothing but silence for a very long time, I've had the space to think about alternate plans for the coming months, and re-applying next year, and I feel okay about it - even excited about new projects and new opportunities, but I can't plan anything either way until I hear back from schools. All I can do is try to be patient, and come to terms with the uncertainty... and go check my email for the millionth time today.

Waiting for responses and decisions on anything can feel crippling! Its never fun to hand over the control to someone else when you are so use to being independent in your life. I am entertaining now moving back up to NYC (where I got my undergrad degree) and place myself with good friends and people. Its okay not to make work all the time, but hopefully everyone will continue to make work for themselves and enjoy doing it!

I feel exactly the same way! At this point, I'm not just jealous of everyone's acceptances, I'm jealous of their rejections too! Come on peeps, just give it to me straight, I'm tired of waiting! The stress and waiting and silence have definitely affected my ability to create, and I haven't been spending a lot of time in the studio. But I have been doing a LOT of reading and research, which is an important part of my process, so my time hasn't been completely wasted. But yeah, I find it very difficult to know what to do right now, since I don't know what I'll be doing over the next few months. I thought that if I was rejected from all schools, I would be completely devastated, but since I've been hearing nothing but silence for a very long time, I've had the space to think about alternate plans for the coming months, and re-applying next year, and I feel okay about it - even excited about new projects and new opportunities, but I can't plan anything either way until I hear back from schools. All I can do is try to be patient, and come to terms with the uncertainty... and go check my email for the millionth time today.

yea I agree, but I must admit I'm also jealous of people's acceptances, especially the ones with many acceptances and they actually get to make the choice of where they wanna go. it's kinda like in The Voice when you hope with you all your life that someone turns their chair for you, and then you get all of them to turn and it's your turn to make the choice. That's gotta be the coolest decision you can make.

Anyway... yea I've been thinking about future plans and part of me is happy to have another 8 months or so to just work and develop my technical skills, and I got a really cool idea this morning in the shower that I want to develop :P, but part of me wishes I could do all that in grad school with the support system, the environment and the intensity to really motivate me to work.

Keeping my fingers crossed for now.

yea I agree, but I must admit I'm also jealous of people's acceptances, especially the ones with many acceptances and they actually get to make the choice of where they wanna go. it's kinda like in The Voice when you hope with you all your life that someone turns their chair for you, and then you get all of them to turn and it's your turn to make the choice. That's gotta be the coolest decision you can make.

!!! I made that exact same comparison a few days ago to someone!!! Haha I only just started watching the voice, and ive been seeing so many parallels to graduate school. (edit: but im so obsessed, i see this process everywhere)

Just remember, that all we need in the end to move on to the "next round" is one school to "turn their chair" for us! Good luck nfrog

Edited by kazoo

Oh wow!! congratulations :) what program?

Proves that, as mr. Kravitz once said, it ain't over till it's over

Thank you!! I usually use that quote, but this time, I was giving up. I’m accepted to Photographic and Electronic Media MFA program.

Got accepted to MICA's Photographic and Electronic Media with half off scholarship!!! Now, decisions...prestige vs. money opinions?

Congratulations man! We could be classmates!!

But are you going to attend the program? Are there any bold points about this program to make you think seriously about it?

Guess I should be careful what I wish for... earlier today I posted that I was not only jealous of people's acceptances, but of their rejections too, and then I came home to two rejections in the mail. I'm glad to have news, but it's still hard to open those envelopes. The worst part is that one of them came in a big padded envelope. The portfolios for that school had to be submitted on CDs, and it turns out they were just returning my CD. WHY? So I can use it again next year?

Unfortunately, I am done.

Columbia and Parsons weighed in last night and today, respectively, and it's over. (haven't heard from SAIC yet, but since they've done all the interviews...)

I wanted to thank you all for your kind support and feedback throughout this process.

Those who are in, Congratulations! Enjoy every minute of it!

Those who do not yet know, hang in there. I have heard good things come to those who wait.

If there is anyone who is in my boat, happy hour came early, let's get started!

Take care everyone!

I hope you'll still get a surprise acceptance from SAIC. But if not, get yourself ready for the next round. I hope you don't have "quitting" in you, and despite your forum login name, don't be that! good luck to you

Anyone heard from SVA illustration? :s

If it's any consolation, I have not. I know that SVA recently sent out acceptance e-mails to a few of their programs, but I'm not sure whether they did the same for illustration.

I'm still waiting on my Interaction Design decision. ><

Does Parsons give scholarships for international students? Does anybody know about that?

From the results search it seems that they primarily give them to international students. Just search for Parsons. There were a couple americans in this thread who got them though.

Edited by minderbinder22