MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

Thanks!!! Now I have to book a trip to NYC.

Congratulations on City College! I see we are both waiting on Brooklyn still! I think you might really like CCNY it's one of the less looked at programs in the city but I have always heard good things.

Congratulations on City College! I see we are both waiting on Brooklyn still! I think you might really like CCNY it's one of the less looked at programs in the city but I have always heard good things.

I got into Brooklyn College 10 days ago via phone call.

Edited by jinglez

Interviewed with SAIC for the post-bac. Went very well, liked my answers and thought my work was strong. Won't know til late April if I'm accepted, but I am going to seriously consider it. I am starting to see some real benefits to a one year stint in a graduate environment.

How did it go?

I've got mine tomorrow. Any advice?

Thanks!

do you think it's more valuable to learn the skills of design/art/technology in school, and apply them to the kinds of contexts you're interested in on your own, or to learn specifically how to use design for the contexts you're interested in from the get-go (in school)?

Got accepted at Pratt today! For their MFA program. :-)

Does anybody has some advise about their MFA program?

dont know much about the program. but the campus and clinton hill (brooklyn) is amazing. if you are looking for a place to live, you should check out areas of bedstuy. it's really getting to be a fun area. it's a lot cheaper than clinton hill, and it's really close to pratt.

hey kylebta,

did risd let you know recently about your acceptance, or did they call you right after the interview?

Hey!

I was called the next day around 3:00. Wish I could give you more info. Good luck!

hey kylebta! congratulations! I see that you're painting as well, so I guess we'll be getting to know each other over the next two years. look forward to meeting you!

Fantastic! that' so great to hear. Did you get an application package/financial aid offer I guessing? I haven't heard about what money will be offered through the school.

For those that applied to U. Washington, I received a rejection email from them on Monday. Still hoping for Tyler or Houston, but it's looking like I'll be joining those of you who will be reapplying next year. I'm actually pretty okay with that. Gives me another year to actually save up some money, haha!

If you were accepted into Hoffberger and Indiana University for painting, where would you choose??? Does anyone know why IU has fallen in the ranks? Having a hard time making a decision. Hoffberger is expensive but has a strong reputation. IU is very affordable but not sure how it holds up to Hoffberger... Any advice?

Go to IU. MICA's reputation isn't enough to make up for the cost. IU is fine.

finally got rejected by Columbia (New Genres) today by mail notification that the decision was ready online.

SAIC Art&Technology-accepted

SAIC Sculpture-rejected

Columbia NewGenres-rejected

finally got rejected by Columbia (New Genres) today by mail notification that the decision was ready online.

I as well . . . nothing like leaving us hanging on until the very last second.

I'm trying to see if I can get a "cheap" trip to NYC for the week after I travel to San Francisco to see it for myself. I'm really excited about an opportunity to study art in New York City. Plus the email I received was from Tom Thayer, and he is awesome!! (just happens to be in the Whitney Biennial this year).

So I called SAIC today, and they said my application is still pending. Is this bad news? I saw on the survey that some else was accepted into the MDes Designed Objects program via the phone. Will they just not tell you you're rejected over the phone?

Thanks!

So I called SAIC today, and they said my application is still pending. Is this bad news? I saw on the survey that some else was accepted into the MDes Designed Objects program via the phone. Will they just not tell you you're rejected over the phone?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, from what they've told me, SAIC is only snail mail.

Hang in there.