MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

Hey Everyone! So, I got an acceptance letter from Rutgers today via snail mail! I'm super excited, and I just wanted to spread the word since I believe I may be the first one? Be on the lookout! Best of luck to all of you!

Great! Congratulations on Rutgers. I love that program! Since you got your UCSD rejection right before I got mine, I am going to take this as a sign from the MFA Gods that I have a letter coming from Rutgers now too! lol

Yeah I actually have an interview there too for painting. Its actually on the 10th. Luckily I already got into one of my top choices, so I'm not stressed about it. Of course I know I'll still get butterflies as the interview gets closer. Goodluck to the other Hunter interviewees! I'm really looking forward to checking out the campus and current student work.

Hey gumbo, when did you find out from Tyler? I am a finalist there but I haven't heard anything back yet...

Post bac saic offer people... Is there an interview? I got that offer too but I'm out of town til Wednesday so I haven't seen the letter in person yet.

Once you get the letter offering you the Post Bacc, you have to reply ASAP (via telephone, email or letter) to let them know you would be interested... They will be scheduling interviews between now and April 1st (in-person or telephone interviews).

I would like to make sure, after finishing the one-year post-bacc cert., people still have to apply again for MFA admissions, right?

Once you get the letter offering you the Post Bacc, you have to reply ASAP (via telephone, email or letter) to let them know you would be interested... They will be scheduling interviews between now and April 1st (in-person or telephone interviews).

I would like to make sure, after finishing the one-year post-bacc cert., people still have to apply again for MFA admissions, right?

I believe that you're guaranteed an interview- it really is a good opportunity if your style/concept aligns w. saic's.

THAT IS AWESOME! Congratulations! What a great school!

Thanks zecchi and LoloLauren, I appreciate it!

Great! Congratulations on Rutgers. I love that program! Since you got your UCSD rejection right before I got mine, I am going to take this as a sign from the MFA Gods that I have a letter coming from Rutgers now too! lol

Ha! Thanks Tyson2, I am hoping the same for you! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you (east coast all the way! ;))- and maybe we can share some boomeranging good vibes with an interview request from NYU for me! We'll see, I'm not sure if no news from them is good news or not . . .

And mlo, congratulations on UCLA, another great school with a great program!

Edited by miyamoto81

Oh my congratulations to everyone getting such good news! :)

Getting a little downcast at not having heard anything from anywhere in so long :/ I know I shouldn't

Kazoo, keep the faith! Believe me, this is such a roller coaster of emotion for everyone - you have some interviews with great places, you'll do great I'm sure!

yes, just read in the catalog that came with the letter that there is no guaranteed admission to the MFA based on the completion of the certificate... Also the credits earned cannot be counted towards an MFA at SAIC...

Kazoo, keep the faith! Believe me, this is such a roller coaster of emotion for everyone - you have some interviews with great places, you'll do great I'm sure!

Thank you miyamoto. and way to go for rutgers :)

you're right of course, I shouldn't get discouraged, and focus my energy on the interview instead.

good luck today everyone, may this tuesday be fruitful!

not sure if you were asking me that, but yes, I got a "rejection letter" from SAIC but with an offer to their Post Bacc Certificate (and I got a graduate program packet, box thing as well...

I'm keeping my three professors that wrote letters of recommendation on my behalf informed and shot an email to them immediately and this is what one of them replied to me:

"

hey ol'spice

The SAIC has made the same offer to several of my students in the past, the ones that have taken them up on it were not dissapointed. The MFA program there is a 2 year program so the extra year is just turning it to a 3 year program which is often a better way to go because 2 years goes by so very fast.

Best

your teacher"

now I'm totally reconsidering everything... The letter stated that I'd be assigned studio space among the graduate students...

Thanks for sharing what your teacher stated. I received the same and was so bitter, lol!! What your teacher wrote makes a lot of sense. SAIC is soooo expensive, throwing in another year, man, it's hard to think about it.