2012 US PhD Program Applicants

DeeLovely79

So here's another quick update. I just recieved my official rejection e-mail from Emory. I decided to contact my remaining programs for a status update as I am anxious to focus on making a decision. I was rejected from UNC and Hopkins told me that I will need to wait until the end of February for their decision (which could be favorable as she reminded me that I still have until April 15th to make a decision).

I really appreciate the schools that can tell you yes or no upfront. I hate being stuck in limbo and thinking about all the things that I need to do but can't do because I don't have all the information to make a decision.

Edited by DeeLovely79

So here's another quick update. I just recieved my official rejection e-mail from Emory. I decided to contact my remaining programs for a status update as I am anxious to focus on making a decision. I was rejected from UNC and Hopkins told me that I will need to wait until the end of February for there decision (which could be favorable as she reminded me that I still have until April 15th to make a decision).

I really appreciate the schools that can tell you yes or no upfront. I hate being stuck in limbo and thinking about all the things that I need to do but can't do because I don't have all the information to make a decision.

Hey, DeeLovely, thanks for the update! Did you happen to contact any of the other schools you applied to?

@Bike Farm

I have e-mails out but I haven't heard from the last 2 schools yet. I suspect that UMich will give me the same response as Hopkins and that Tulane will give me a definite answer as I know other departments have contacted people for interviews.

So here's another quick update. I just recieved my official rejection e-mail from Emory. I decided to contact my remaining programs for a status update as I am anxious to focus on making a decision. I was rejected from UNC and Hopkins told me that I will need to wait until the end of February for their decision (which could be favorable as she reminded me that I still have until April 15th to make a decision).

Thanks for keeping us posted! I understand how you feel about being in limbo...but it's almost over!

@Bike Farm

I have e-mails out but I haven't heard from the last 2 schools yet. I suspect that UMich will give me the same response as Hopkins and that Tulane will give me a definite answer as I know other departments have contacted people for interviews.

Cool, thanks for letting me know!

I emailed UMich HBHE program coordinator last night about admission decisions, and the lady said that the decision is pretty much done and will mail out decision at latest next Friday!So for people who applied for HBHE in UMich, we can expect results in two weeks. Fingers crossed!!

I don't know if there are any other Berkeley DrPH applicants out there but I had an email exchange with the director of admissions today and she said "we'll send decisions within the next 2-3 weeks but sooner if possible". She wrote to me to ask about my residency status. A strange question, right?

Morning Gradcafers. Just a quick update to let you know that I was admitted to UCLA. I woke up this morning to an email telling me to check my decision status on the website. The letter is from the dean of the graduate division and references information I should have received from the school of public health. It also says that the SPH will tell me about funding. I'm seriously hoping this isn't a Vassar computer glitch since I haven't heard anything yet from the SPH. For now it's exciting to receive an offer of admission!

Edited by slaNYC

Morning Gradcafers. Just a quick update to let you know that I was admitted to UCLA. I woke up this morning to an email telling me to check my decision status on the website. The letter is from the dean of the graduate division and references information I should have received from the school of public health. It also says that SPH will tell me about funding. I'm seriously hoping this isn't a Vassar computer glitch since I haven't heard anything yet from the SPH. For now it's exciting to receive offer of admission!

That's awesome, congrats!

I saw a bunch of acceptances to Hopkins PhD Epidemiology in the results section. Did anyone get rejected yet? I'm trying to figure out if having not heard anything implies rejection at this point.

Edited by epi19

@ slaNYC Congrats!!! Dont' worry, it took a week for me to get an e-mail from the SPH at Pitt informing me of my acceptance and the letter came in the mail several days after that. It looks like we'll all be hearing from our remaining schools in the next couple of weeks!!!

Hey guys, just wanted to mention that I've been admitted to the health services phd program at UC Berkeley SPH. I received a rejection from Hopkins a couple weeks ago. I'm waiting to hear back from a few more programs including UCLA. Good luck to everyone :)