2012 US PhD Program Applicants

DeeLovely79

Hi md99,

I applied to UGA Epi and just got my acceptance in the mail. Their application said they would only release their admissions decisions by mail, so if you applied, look for that old fashioned letter!

@ Anticipation - Did you receive any notice about funding? I just got my acceptance in the mail, dated 2/11, post marked 2/14. I live in san diego, so i would imagine the letter would take a little longer to get here, but 2 weeks!

I just got my acceptance in the mail, dated 2/11, post marked 2/14. I live in san diego, so i would imagine the letter would take a little longer to get here, but 2 weeks!

2 weeks to get a letter in the mail from Georgia....that's ridiculous!

Edited by MPHandPsych

Hi md99,

Congrats on UGA!

I think that we are supposed to email the department administrative assistant to start talking about funding. I remember reading somewhere that they have TAships/RAships/scholarships available, but you have to email to them to get that conversation rolling (which I have not yet done myself haha).

Thanks Epi19, which did u apply to EMD or chronic disease Epi? I didn't get an interview so assum rejection, but then again am an international student, do u know if any got interviewed?

I applied to EMD. Not sure what the interview situation is with international students, sorry.

Hi md99,

Congrats on UGA!

I think that we are supposed to email the department administrative assistant to start talking about funding. I remember reading somewhere that they have TAships/RAships/scholarships available, but you have to email to them to get that conversation rolling (which I have not yet done myself haha).

Thanks Anticipation. I am happy to have gotten in.

Its between SDSU and UGA. UGA has not been very responsive to my emails; I don't know if thats a bad sign. I need to tell sdsu something by next week to get my tuition covered. Its an easy decision if there is no UGA funding.

Have you made a decision?

Thanks Anticipation. I am happy to have gotten in.

Its between SDSU and UGA. UGA has not been very responsive to my emails; I don't know if thats a bad sign. I need to tell sdsu something by next week to get my tuition covered. Its an easy decision if there is no UGA funding.

Have you made a decision?

Hi md99,

I've actually decided to go a slightly different direction than I originally planned- I have decided to attack infectious diseases from the biological side, and I'm pretty certain that I will be pursuing a PhD in Biology from Penn State's Center for Infectious Disease Dynamics. I think UGA has a neat program though- it's slightly scary to be the first cohort of PhD students for the department, but there are definitely advantages to that as well. And UGA's a big university with a lot of varied resources- prime stuff for interdisciplinary collaboration! But as you said- funding makes decisions a no-brainer! Here's hoping that UGA digs deep for you! At the very least, I would expect that they should be able to offer a TAship with that many undergrads to teach...

has anyone heard from Hopkins International Health Social & Behavioral Interventions for PhD programs? I saw that someone head from their POI in early February on the results, but I don't know if they have sent out info to all admits.

The UPitt Accepted Applicant Day is for all departments and its primarily geared to the master's level applicants. I thinking about going but I'm not sure I want to do any more traveling so soon.

Re: Hopkins Health Behavior and Society, I e-mailed the ad coord yesterday and she said that decisions for the DrPH program will be mailed out today (I assume PhD decisions will be going out at the same time).

Re: Hopkins Health Behavior and Society, I e-mailed the ad coord yesterday and she said that decisions for the DrPH program will be mailed out today (I assume PhD decisions will be going out at the same time).

Thanks for the update!

Thanks! I finally get the results section :) I only see results posted for econ track-- but Im pretty certain you are right. Ah well!

People have put up results already (Results Survey section), and they ended interviews at least a week ago. If you haven't heard back at this point, I wouldn't hold out hope.