Official Admitted Thread

In my timezone, I've received my two notifications at 6am and 3am. Needless to say, sleeping is going to be quite a challenge next week. Good luck for Hell Week all.

I'm in India right now too... and I haven't decided if that makes us better or worse off. I know that if I wake up in the morning at 7 AM and there is nothing in my inbox then my chances of hearing something that day are gone... which really just makes me want go back to bed at 7:05 AM.

Got in at SIS and Josef Korbel with funding! ... still waiting for SIPA .. Any opinions as to which one is the recommended one between SIS and Korbel? and why? Any opinions would be much appreciated!

Both programs are strong, and I think the major difference will be location. American provides more opportunities to engage policy makers while Denver's proximity to Colorado Springs offers a direct connection to military installations and contractors.

3eid I just got in at Jackson as well. What are your other options, do you think you'll go? It seems way too cloistered and academic for me, but I def have a much more practitioner bent. Also I don't think I'll ever get my funding letter since I'm (well out of the way) abroad; hope they send it by email.

Got into Harris with 20 K. I want to concentrate on international development. How would you rank Harris MPP Vs. HKS MPA-ID/ Columbia MPA-DP/ SAIS etc? I have been looking at classes at Harris and some of them seem America centric. However the program seems to have a strong quant focus for public policy. If I want to go into implementation of development programs do you think Harris's quant focus should be enough for me to consider it? Also are classes applied and practical in Harris or more theoretical? Any info?

Finally I want to apply for the joint MPP/ MBA program over my first semester in whichever uni I choose to study. Booth in Chicago seems to be quite attractive in that sense too. If I don't get better fin aid in any other schools do you think it would be worth it for me to consider Harris and U Chicago?

@Piquant Not sure. This is the first program I've heard back from. I hope they send it to my house in the States, because if they send it to Lebanon...well...it's not got much of a chance. If you're worried about the letter, I'd just say call them. That's what it said at the bottom of the acceptance.

I've got to say- Yale intrigued me from the start, and I've always done better when working closely with an advisor, so that's definitely a draw. I think if I can tailor the program to what I want to do both academically and professionally, it may be one of the best of the bunch just due to that aspect of mentorship. I'm not sure if a comparable experience is possible at a behemoth like SIPA.

Another advantage is that getting an IR MA at Yale fast-tracks you for a PoliSci PhD at Yale (one of the best out there). So that's always in your back pocket...

Question: I know the incoming classes are 30-35, but how many do you think they actually accept? Twice as many? They're drawing from the WWS/HKS pool, after all.

Yeah I'd guess they prob accept twice their target #, def less than 100. I have absolutely no intention of ever getting a PhD and I don't want to spend my masters doing research, so I don't think it's the right program for me (as I said on the Yale thread, I applied to express interest in a joint degree and I think it did help my app at the other school, which I'm still waiting to hear back from). But if academia is your thing then it's great! Too bad Blattman left this year, haha :( And agreed that SIPA is def not a superior choice, but for much different reasons.

Same, got into all my schools so far but none of them viable options.

I think I am going to stick in my job and get another couple of years experience and do some more quant courses online. Good luck whatever you decide to do !