Anthropology Waiting/Results 2012

rowlf

Someone just posted an inteview with GWU for Bio Anth... I wonder if that was the new Anthro PhD or the hominid paleo? If you're on here, let me know!! (And congrats on the interview)

Just to give people a heads up... a friend of mine in Physical Anthro has interviews next week at CUNY, Stony Brook, and NYU. Things are starting to get busy! :)

oh no! now i'm worried! i haven't heard anything from nyu or cuny. but i get the sense that as a west coaster i'm not as competitive...any truth to that you think?

Northwestern told me that the preliminary cut has been made and candidates on the long list have been invited for interviews.

Someone has posted on the results page that they received a rejection email from Northwestern on the 3rd. Since I never received an invitation to interview, I assume that I have not made the cut -- yet no rejection email has yet appeared (although they may have been informally contacted by their POI). I wish they would just put my suffering to an end!!!

Is there anyone else on this lurking who hasn't heard from a single school yet? I'm started to panic haha. I haven't heard anyone mention final decisions from ucla, ucsd, Austin, uconn and Harvard so if you have any news I'd love a heads up! Thanks guys!!

Haven't heard back from anyone yet, but I am starting to lose hope. As I just said, Northwestern has sent out all of their invitations, and it's looking like Temple has started making decisions as well. No word from AU yet, but apparently they only had 2 cultural admits last year, so I'm starting to worry (a lot) about that school. On the one hand, I do have a fall-back school, but I really didn't want to move back to Colorado. :(

Not surprised, but still pretty bummed about Northwestern. I contacted POIs ahead of time, and they all said it sounded like I'd be a good fit. :(

Even though I'm excited about my other acceptances, getting shut down by Berkeley AND Northwestern is pretty disheartening. Guess I'll be holding out hope for that sweet, sweet NSF money--maybe external funding will turn the tides...

Hi All,

I'm just joining the thread today. I haven't heard from any schools yet, and I'm getting worried. I figure that Chicago was a no since previous posts say they already sent out interview invites. In addition I applied to Michigan, Penn, UCLA, and Toronto. Anyone heard back from any of these schools?

Good luck to everyone!!!

oh no! now i'm worried! i haven't heard anything from nyu or cuny. but i get the sense that as a west coaster i'm not as competitive...any truth to that you think?

I don't think west coast makes you less competitive. It all depends on your background and your presentation to the adcom. Don't stress too much yet!

Anyone else find themselves thinking "at this point I don't care if I get a reject, I just want to know!" I feel stagnated by this process. I want to move foward, but I keep waiting to know which direction to move in.

I know exactly how you feel. I'm waiting on Harvard and Columbia, of all places, and I just wish they'd get it over with so I can start planning the move to somewhere I've actually been accepted.

I know exactly how you feel. I'm waiting on Harvard and Columbia, of all places, and I just wish they'd get it over with so I can start planning the move to somewhere I've actually been accepted.

Wow...you're like the sociology version of me! That's exactly my issue, and exactly those schools.

I am waiting to hear back from Penn State and Binghamton University. No word yet, I'm guessing I'll know by late Feb and early March. I'm also guessing that I didn't get accepted to Penn State considering they posted that they give interviews in mid-January.

Wow...you're like the sociology version of me! That's exactly my issue, and exactly those schools.

I guess I'm a little unusual--my undergraduate major was sociology, but I've applied to both sociology and sociocultural anthro graduate programs. Waiting to hear back from Columbia sociology and Harvard anthro, as well as the anthro program at NYU.

Solidarity, man! Hang in there--best of luck!

Has anyone heard from Penn State? Their website says that they interview mid-January but no one has posted anything on the results page. Just curious!

I applied to the BioAnth PhD program at Penn State. I have no idea when or if they were interveiwing, but according to their website I probably missed the boat. Have you heard anything? Probably won't hear anything back till mid-Feb to Early march.