Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

same. i kinda want to call ucsd.

I didn't apply there, so take this for what it's worth, but I would guess that the people who haven't heard anything are either admitted or strongly in contention, and the dept is just figuring out the funding packages.  Since you haven't heard, I doubt there's any harm in calling or emailing to ask about your status, especially since you're likely in the "accepted" pile... just a thought!

I didn't apply there, so take this for what it's worth, but I would guess that the people who haven't heard anything are either admitted or strongly in contention, and the dept is just figuring out the funding packages.  Since you haven't heard, I doubt there's any harm in calling or emailing to ask about your status, especially since you're likely in the "accepted" pile... just a thought!

yes, let's hope!

I haven't heard anywhere and had applied at Duke, Chicago and UCSD (plus a bunch that haven't moved at all). I am also generally considering myself out at Duke and Chicago and at least close to the cusp at UCSD.

May be Waitlisted

Chicago, comp/IR. I was a nervous wreck after seeing the results page. The email was in my spam folder.

Congrats! Now I'm checking my spam folder regularly too...

i'm not sure it's kosher to post the email address online, but if there's some way to add the domain name @uchicago.edu, that would work I think.

Also I'm IR at Chicago. I think if you check the survey results, a lot of info is up there.

It may not be the same, but the email Chicago used when sending application confirmations (i.e., telling us our application was complete) was: admissions@ssd.uchicago.edu, but emails were sent via technolutions.net 

i'm not sure it's kosher to post the email address online, but if there's some way to add the domain name @uchicago.edu, that would work I think.

Also I'm IR at Chicago. I think if you check the survey results, a lot of info is up there.

Thanks, that should work.

Hey all-- another LTL here. I'm one of the Chicago admits (the one with hilariously uneven GRE scores, 170v/152q/3.5aw). My subfield is theory. I've pissed myself thrice today and I'm still not entirely certain this isn't all some sick, sick joke. 

Ah, good point setgree. Well, any and all are welcome to PM me for the Chicago email address in question. 

Also, if you're heartbroken, or nearing it: I can definitely attest to what we all already know is true-- namely, that this is an absurd game of (mostly) luck. Frankly, most of us were lucky to even be in a position to apply for grad school at all (all things considered). Doubt it counts for much, but still. 

Edited by wankerlust

Good Day Everyone,

The first order of the day is my deep sorrow for those who have received rejects for the past couple of weeks. For those who have received more positive news all I can say is congratulations and I wish you the best of luck as you begin the next chapter of your life. 

To note the numbers of those viewing this post I find it sad that I check this forum every hour even though I did not apply anywhere. I think that speaks plenty about my life and how much time I have about my life. :P 

I hope everything goes well for all of you as you patiently wait to hear any news.

All my best,

-P