Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

Also waiting for Chicago. Last year they did all admits and waitlists in one day, so we'll see if that happens again this year. I hope that's the case again. It reduces a lot of ambiguity. I wonder if they'll take as few IR people this year as last year

Also waiting for Chicago. Last year they did all admits and waitlists in one day, so we'll see if that happens again this year. I hope that's the case again. It reduces a lot of ambiguity. I wonder if they'll take as few IR people this year as last year

How many IR did they take last year?

Anyone else waiting for Texas-Austin or Chicago?

Also waiting on Chicago - I know from friends who have applied in the past that they generally get back to ppl pretty early in February, so we'll see! Fingers crossed!

applied to chicago as well!

Seriously so thankful for this forum...it is an amazing outlet for neuroticism that nobody else currently in my life fully understands. okay i'm done with my non-helpful posts for the day.

Grats to the recent admits!

If things do track with last year's admissions announcements: WUSTL will be substantially finished announcing by Friday; Michigan will announce Thursday; and Chicago will announce next Tuesday. In keeping with the theme, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt and Northwestern would all announce next week.  If the programs really did track with last year, Wisconsin would have already announced.

My personal prediciton: Wisconsin, Michigan, WUStL and Vanderbilt by the end of this week.  Chicago, Minnesota, Notre Dame and Northwestern by the end of next week.

How many IR did they take last year?

Apparently far fewer than usual...someone on this forum who was an undergrad at UChicago made that comment (they were waitlisted I believe). I know that this isn't too concrete, but just reporting what was said last year.

I'm also applying to Chicago! It seems that out of the schools I applied to, it'll be the first to send out admissions, so right now is a super anxious time. Next week seems about right but I'm hoping they'll be out by the end of this week.

As an aside, what is 'usual' for the subfields at Chicago anyway?

JUST GOT INTO U CHICAGO. SO HAPPY. HAVE TO USE CAPS LOCKS.

I got rejected from UCD last week and I have to admit, I panicked just a little bit. The email went to my spam folder, check them just in case!

JUST GOT INTO U CHICAGO. SO HAPPY. HAVE TO USE CAPS LOCKS.

I got rejected from UCD last week and I have to admit, I panicked just a little bit. The email went to my spam folder, check them just in case!

Amazing and Congrats! I guess their ears were burning. What kind of an email was it?

Grats to the recent admits!

If things do track with last year's admissions announcements: WUSTL will be substantially finished announcing by Friday; Michigan will announce Thursday; and Chicago will announce next Tuesday. In keeping with the theme, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt and Northwestern would all announce next week.  If the programs really did track with last year, Wisconsin would have already announced.

My personal prediciton: Wisconsin, Michigan, WUStL and Vanderbilt by the end of this week.  Chicago, Minnesota, Notre Dame and Northwestern by the end of next week.

I agree with this prediction - also throwing in Columbia in the third week of February. I know they've had their first meeting already and they typically aim for the third week. (And if I remember correctly, someone posted they had talked to someone in the department office who said the same thing)

First of all, i had to look up "their ears were burning," that's a great phrase, I'm going to use it more often. second, it said "Greetings from U Chicago!" and its entire text was "see attached." Attached was a very nice letter detailing the stipend for which I've been "recommended," lord only knows what that means, visiting students day/travel stipend (it's march 7-8), and the itinerary for visiting students day.

I hope your all good news comes soon! (Also i meant to say, UCSD, the school from which I got rejected last week). For half a minute this morning I was considering applying to their masters program, and also to a variety of other jobs for next year, but now i know, I'm in somewhere i'm very happy with.

I feel like Biggie- "It was all a dream, I used to read word up magazine..."