MFA 2013 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ten-of-swords

Hi all! Just interviewed at Tyler. Really loved visiting, but don't want to get my hopes up too much. Thought it went well, but who knows.

So...

Has anyone interviewed at Cornell? The description of the interview process is making me nervous: "The interview consists of about 20 minutes for you to present your work, and a 20-25 minute period to discuss your work with faculty and current MFA students. Our plan is for this process to be relaxed and a casual exchange..."

Anyone have any experience with this sort of interview format? Or interviewing specifically at Cornell? I'm so much more comfortable in a Q&A setting... this scares me!

Best of luck to you all, exciting to see the acceptances coming in :)

I just interviewed at Cornell yesterday. It was a really laid back process. I had prepared a 20 min lecture about my work. I think they were looking for something a little less formal but I made sure to stop and ask if there were questions along the way and they did ask some. It lasted about 45mins in total. I was asked several questions at the end then asked them several.

The questions were specific to my work, so just be prepared to talk about your concepts, processes, what drives you and where you see yourself going. They seem to want some openness or willingness to explore other concepts to a degree. I was asked about that because my work is pretty focused in it's concept. 

Everyone was really nice! Let me know if you have any questions.

For the love of god has anyone heard from IU Bloomington- Digital Art or Herron School of Art Visual Communication Design or the Photography/Intermedia Program?????

Also, I live in Bloomington and grew up in Indy so if you need any advice about it, holla at me!

I don't know if anyone else applied to Herron, but they said they'll be sending out letters most likely next week.  Argh.  I'm also waiting to hear back about a job, and waiting for our tax return so we can do some more work on our house--- tired of waiting!

Im also in the same boat! eek! I've got a roof to redo and PT jobs to apply for if I get accepted!

So, I just got an interview at UPenn. This seems so weird to me, because I've seen people on this forum getting acceptances for their MFA program. I guess it really isn't final until you get the official rejection... 

So, I just got an interview at UPenn. This seems so weird to me, because I've seen people on this forum getting acceptances for their MFA program. I guess it really isn't final until you get the official rejection... 

Haha, same here... Can you make it to Philly or will you Skype?

Got a call today.  Hope you get one as well.

And congrats on Boulder. 

Awesome, Thank you and congratulations to you too! You'll have to let me know what you end up deciding. You have some awesome schools to chose from!

I interviewed with Tulane painting faculty a week ago via Skype and haven't heard anything since.

I haven't heard from them about interviews so I'm guessing I might have been cut... Do you mind telling me who you interviewed with and how it went? PM if you prefer... THANKS!

I haven't heard anything from Tulane - Do they interview everyone? I imagine final notifications will be sent out sometime this week.

I'm skyping! You? This process makes me feel so crazy!

I happen to be in Philly already so I'll be going in. I'm with ya on the craziness.

I haven't heard anything from Tulane - Do they interview everyone? I imagine final notifications will be sent out sometime this week.

A friend of mine applied for printmaking and just went in for an interview on Monday. My guess is they'll interview or at least talk to everyone they're interested in. I have no idea about notifications but I assume they're still making decisions so it could be awhile yet.

@ ArsenicYellow --- have you heard from vcu at all either?  or anyone for that matter?!

VCU Sculpture says they're still reviewing and anticipate that it will be mid-late March before they get through apps.