2013 Acceptances/Rejections Thread

AaronM

I know I have posted something similar before -- but is it possible that Columbia is done with sending out their letters of acceptance? When I spoke to the Columbia admissions more than a week ago, they said they were still working on the apps, but it's been almost two weeks now since the first acceptance post on the forum's results page. I am slowly losing hope... :(

Called Brown, decisions have not been made yet.

Results will probably be out "by the end of the month".

Ugh.

Wasn't able to get on the phone with NYU, their voice responder was too intimidating. I'm serious.

Haha, I rang them too and I think the person I eventually got on the phone was the SAME as the voice responder so good thing you hung up if the recording was intimidating because the real thing was even worse...!

Haha, I rang them too and I think the person I eventually got on the phone was the SAME as the voice responder so good thing you hung up if the recording was intimidating because the real thing was even worse...!

Do you really think you are going to get away with that statement without telling us what they told you? :-)

Edited by RandomDood

Do you really think you are going to get away with that statement without telling us what they told you? :-)

It was a while back now... I was checking whether they had a piece of info for my app, which they did, and when I asked when they'd be done I was simply told by early to mid March at the latest (I think it's a default reply along the lines of the faculty web page that just says 'by 15th march' and that's it)...

Sorry, nothing exciting!

I did - funding does exist! idk how many full offers went out, since I haven't seen too many acceptances go up in the results, but I know that there are offers floating around and you've still got a shot if you're on the waitlist. 

Thanks for the info.! It's my top school so I hope I do get off the list but I have funding offers elsewhere so I guess it is just a waiting game now!

Got into the Harvard religion program with full funding. So I called Berkeley to withdraw my application!!!! I might have said something about how Berkeley could never match a $30k stipned. It felt amazing. So now they won't be able to send me a rejection.

Oh and also, I won't be accepting the offer at UCSD so happy birthday to a waitlister out there.

Edited by yhujikol

Someone was waitlisted for BU today? That makes me so nervous. Has anyone else heard from them?

UGH!! Makes me nervous too!!! I had a feeling they'd be reaching out this week. But I haven't heard anything yet. Who can claim the waitlist and how were you notified?

What are the chances NYU have notified already but nobody who got in posts here? High?

Ok.

I think you sould get permanently banned from the internet just for implanting that thought in everyone's head  :) 

EDIT: That being said, as others pointed out, I think it would be highly unlikely given the huge number of people who applied and the relatively large cohort.

Edited by RandomDood

What are the chances NYU have notified already but nobody who got in posts here? High?

I've been thinking about this in regards to Vanderbilt, especially because they have such small cohorts.  But it seems like A LOT of us applied there, so I'm thinking someone would have heard back if they had sent out acceptances.

Anyone know the deal with Harvard?  Not that I'm obsessing, but, if I were, I'd say that today would be about the day that they would start sending out their letters of intent ... just based on last year's dates, of course.  :)

But there was that giant snowstorm in Boston...