What Are You Stress-Eating?

blueberryscone

Hey guys. I'm almost out of smoked cheddar popcorn and I've made two kinds of cookies from scratch and I haven't heard anything from anyone except the waitlist, which is essentially

Princeton: Hey, wanna go to the movies this weekend?

Me: Yes! Totally! I was so hoping you'd ask me, becau---

Princeton: Great. If someone prettier than you can't make it, you can come.

Me: ...thanks?

Princeton:  I'll call you to let you know. Sometime in March.  Probably.

I'm making shrimp scampi for dinner and boiling this for lunch tomorrow, because if I cook enough things then I'm not compulsively refreshing my email.  When I applied for my MA I ended up with enough biscotti to choke a horse. But I didn't have a horse, all I had were bewildered (but soon satiated) houseguests.

Does anyone else share this coping strategy? What are you stuffing in your face?

I love shrimp scampi.  And yes, I totally use cooking as a way to distract myself.  Even from the things I'm supposed to be doing.  Maybe jambalaya tonight and it was AWESOME.  Also with shrimp in it.  :)

-Girl scout cookies. I keep telling myself it's for a good cause...supporting their development and whatnot...

-M&M's and candy bars. I won't buy them at the grocery store, that's evidence of intent. But if I happen to pass by the vending machine in my building--by "pass by" I mean ride the elevator to a floor that's NOT MINE--I see no reason why I shouldn't treat myself

-Frozen berries. For "healthy" nights.

ughhh, pretty much everything. i made brownies today and i've eaten ~1/2 of the pan? reading week + waiting for results = too much free time and the only thing that gets my mind off admissions is baking and eating all the things

Klondike bars! Wow, blast from the delicious, delicious past. The only grocery stores within walking distance are a Trader Joe's and a Whole Foods, and there are just not enough organic kale chips in the world to fix what's wrong. Wonder how far I'd have to go to track down some Klondike bars and cheddar blasted goldfish...

"cheddar blasted goldfish"

g dangit. 3 words that almost have the power to make me throw my diet and usually-healthy eating habits out the window.. almost..

..what? no. of course i'm not actively salivating all over the keyboard.

Mini cadbury eggs - the speckled little milk chocolate ones.  I actually wandered around for like 35 mins in my Walgreens so I could wait while they unloaded all the Easter candy because I was so excited.  Best candy time of the year IMHO.

Easter candy's out?! Time for my Hawaiian punch jelly beans!! Yahooo!

lol i love this thread.  but then, i just like food.  my stress eating involves chips and any type of baked dessert.  pretty much carbs.  my "make myself feel better" dinner is always japanese hot pot (nabe).  

Klondike bars! Wow, blast from the delicious, delicious past. The only grocery stores within walking distance are a Trader Joe's and a Whole Foods, and there are just not enough organic kale chips in the world to fix what's wrong. Wonder how far I'd have to go to track down some Klondike bars and cheddar blasted goldfish...

A good friend who lives down the street from a Whole Foods informs me that Annie's Organic Bunny Classics come in a variety of flavors (butter, pretzel, wheat, different cheeses) and at least partially satisfy the goldfish cravings. (They are crazy expensive for a box of crackers, though, so you might want to ration your stress eating.)