Fall 2014 applicants??

Yep! I'm in. Waiting for funding at Louisville.

I don't think it hurts to say where - if Adcoms can figure out who I am that's okay... I'm a kind person online.

Very very very excited. I'm going to see if there is any sort of meet up of their folks at C's this year. 

But first.
SIGH.

Whew.

Wanted to share my good news.  About ten minutes ago, I got an email from Temple University in Phladelphia.  I'm accepted to the Ph.D. program!  

I'm really happy about that, even though I don't know about funding yet.  Something about the wording of the email sounds promising, though.

Wanted to share my good news.  About ten minutes ago, I got an email from Temple University in Phladelphia.  I'm accepted to the Ph.D. program!  

I'm really happy about that, even though I don't know about funding yet.  Something about the wording of the email sounds promising, though.

Congratulations!! That's so exciting! :D

Wanted to share my good news. About ten minutes ago, I got an email from Temple University in Phladelphia. I'm accepted to the Ph.D. program!

I'm really happy about that, even though I don't know about funding yet. Something about the wording of the email sounds promising, though.

Ahhhh congratulations! Philadelphia is amazing, and if funding comes through, I think you'll really love being there. So happy for you :)

Is this some kind of weird

inner mother-bone? I feel so proud of you stranger internet folk!!  

Congrats!! Bummer that you have to wait on funding at two different places, but at least you got accepted! Rooting for you! 

I can vouch for the emotional horrors that await the funding waitlister. I've been waitlisted for Erasmus Mundus funding, really an amazing program, with almost no chance of getting bumped up.

They should buy me a consolation massage! Can I get a whatwhat?!?!

Congrats!! Bummer that you have to wait on funding at two different places, but at least you got accepted! Rooting for you! 

Thanks, Bunny!  Have you heard anything yet?  I thought I saw some mention of you waiting on Iowa or something.

And thanks to the rest who congratulated me as well :)

Thanks, Bunny!  Have you heard anything yet?  I thought I saw some mention of you waiting on Iowa or something.

And thanks to the rest who congratulated me as well :)

Nope, no more news for me yet. The rest of my schools are implied rejections except for Iowa. Apparently there's two Iowa acceptances on the board from yesterday, so I'm hoping they're spreading things out. : (

If not, then I'm still waiting for my waitlist at Minnesota to turn into something. 

I can vouch for the emotional horrors that await the funding waitlister. I've been waitlisted for Erasmus Mundus funding, really an amazing program, with almost no chance of getting bumped up.

They should buy me a consolation massage! Can I get a whatwhat?!?!

Which Erasmus Mundus program/funding are you waiting on? I am first on the waitlist for the GEMMA program and it's driving me absolutely insane. 

Which Erasmus Mundus program/funding are you waiting on? I am first on the waitlist for the GEMMA program and it's driving me absolutely insane. 

A kindred spirit!!!  I got into the Cultural Narratives program. How do you know you're the first?  The worst part is knowing that only a fool would turn down their scholarship, and I don't think they accept fools. :( Unfortunately.

Congrats to you Andrew! Maybe we'll be classmates at Georgetown together!

In other news, I got accepted to Wake Forest's MA program, and I received a partial scholarship! So that's cool. I'm pretty stunned that I have been receiving offers!

A kindred spirit!!! I got into the Cultural Narratives program. How do you know you're the first? The worst part is knowing that only a fool would turn down their scholarship, and I don't think they accept fools. :( Unfortunately.

I had an interview with the director of the program about a month ago. She told me I was first on a list of three people. But seriously, who would pass that up. I almost applied to the program you applied to, but my French is not good enough. It looks amazing though. Hey, here's to hoping we both get the scholarship! Good luck.

Yes, Hope is a worthy thing. You seem to have a great chance as first on a short list! Maybe there's a good chance that someone gets a better offer, like from Harvard or something. Then you'd be in. Thanks for the luck, too! I will covet it.