Fulbright 2014-2015

conservationbiologist14

I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK!! to all of you.  Taking the Fulbright was the best decision I have made in my career so far.  If any of you are applying to Morocco or are applying to be an ETA please do not hesitate to message me, I would be happy to help out! 

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but does anyone know if you can you submit an additional letter of affiliation at this late date?

Given that the national committee met during November and December to make decisions about applicants, it seems extremely late to be sending in additional information. Nevertheless, I'm certainly not on that committee or qualified to answer your question definitively. In my opinion, however, it seems like it would be of negligible value at this point in the game. Is there any reason you're trying to submit an additional letter now?

Well, I now have another strong affiliate in my host country.

I was thinking that if my application did make it through the first round and was forwarded to the host country (wishful thinking, of course), this additional affiliate could help my chances of receiving an award.

Hi I've applied for the 2014-2015 period in June 2013 to study a Master Degree in Information Systems with a Business Intelligence specialization at the United States via a Fulbright grant, I'm from Bolivia. In October, I was interviewed and weeks later was selected as an alternate, which was a bummer but better than just being rejected. Nevertheless, the very nice gentleman on the other end of the phone told me that they would make their best effort to give me a full grant and told me to take the GRE. I took the GRE on December 12th, and got V:152, Q:156, W:4.5, I think I could have gotten better scores but my dad got very sick the weeks before the test and since I was an alternate there was not a lot of motivation and I didn’t do my best. Nevertheless, some days ago I received an email from someone at the IIE with my submission plan to US Colleges, so my question to anyone who have gotten their status changed from alternate is if this is a good signal or just a part of the procedure as an alternate? To this moment, I have not received any formal notification or email about any status change of the grant.

y'all are confusing me with some of you saying you already found out about whether you were recommended or an alternate? Don't we not find out till March? I'm a musician so I had my audition/interview in December, but I thought we don't find out if we made it to the finals until January... 

So I also applied for the JET (Japanese English Teaching) program, and just from the forums I can tell there are two different breeds of applicants that apply to each respective program.

There have been several thought provoking and organized conversation on here with prospective Fulbrighters, but on the JET program's unofficial forum, there have been multiple people just blatantly stating, "I'm awesome, so I'm going to get the grant," and "I only spent an hour on my application, I don't know why everyone is stressing out about it." I'm really glad to have this community. :)

hello :) am a Fulbright nominee under the Foreign Student program for study to the united states. Has anyone received word or notification on their application status?? when can we expect to receive it? . been waiting since September when we submitted our dossiers to the American embassy

I think the worst part is just knowing that the decision has probably already been made. I'm still betting on January 17 for notification since last year we heard on that same Friday, the 18, and the year before that they also heard on that third Friday. 

Fingers crossed!

I just wanted to come on here and wish you all good luck! 

I am a current Fulbright ETA to Georgia. If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :-)

I think the worst part is just knowing that the decision has probably already been made. I'm still betting on January 17 for notification since last year we heard on that same Friday, the 18, and the year before that they also heard on that third Friday. 

Fingers crossed!

I'm hoping this is the case. How wonderful it would be to get good news amid living in the arctic tundra that is Minnesota.

Hi everyone! I want to wish you all the best of luck. I applied to Brazil as an ETA. I'm hoping for a response soon! To those who are current Fulbrighters or who have applied through their college's scholarship office, will our scholarship advisor here know before we do if we are recommended as finalists? Happy new year!

"Hi everyone! I want to wish you all the best of luck. I applied to Brazil as an ETA. I'm hoping for a response soon! To those who are current Fulbrighters or who have applied through their college's scholarship office, will our scholarship advisor here know before we do if we are recommended as finalists? Happy new year!" - Mary_118

I applied through my university, but I am not sure if my adviser knew before I did about first round notifications. I did hear, via GradCafe, that IIE told the advisers that they/we would be getting notified soon (that was the week of January 13th), we proceeded to find out on Friday, January 18th 2013 towards the end of the day. Regarding final notifications, IIE notified my adviser of my status at the same time IIE notified me.

Edited by Porshyen

I just wanted to come on here and wish you all good luck! 

I am a current Fulbright ETA to Georgia. If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :-)

I'm so envious of you!

Hey y'all! Once a lurker now easing out of the shadows :)

I'm a full research/study grant applicant for a Master's program at the University of Nottingham in the UK! Thank goodness for this forum-- I now have people to obsess over receiving recommendation emails with! Anyone else a UK partner institution applicant? I know I saw one or two previously posting. 

Hey y'all! Once a lurker now easing out of the shadows :)

I'm a full research/study grant applicant for a Master's program at the University of Nottingham in the UK! Thank goodness for this forum-- I now have people to obsess over receiving recommendation emails with! Anyone else a UK partner institution applicant? I know I saw one or two previously posting. 

I'm a full research grant, already have Masters, received recommendation email Nov 6th and was short listed with an interview Jan 21.

Hi everyone!

I'm not extremely well-versed on Fulbright awards, so please forgive me if my questions are ignorant...I've read through a lot of the information online, but getting some knowledgeable, direct responses would be fantastic.

So, I graduated from undergrad in 2009, and have worked full time since 2010. I work for a non-profit and am the director of an energy services program. Most of our programs are directed towards assisting low income people with energy efficiency means, which could be very extensive. With this in mind, I'm planning on pursuing a masters degree in international energy policy/international development (the Johns Hopkins ERE program through SAIS is my main interest), and I'm planning on applying for the fall of 2015.

My idea is to apply for a Fulbright Scholarship to Iceland, with the very short version of the idea dealing with the development of alternative energy sectors and applying it to the developing world.

It appears that I fit the credentials for the student application (less than 5 years work experience), but I guess I'm looking for some guidance in whether or not I truly do fit into this category, if I'd be better suited applying for this once I began my grad school, if I should do so now since it runs parallel to what I'm hoping to study, if I have no shot since I'm not currently enrolled and not in undergrad anymore etc.

Any guidance for a newcomer would be immensely appreciated.

Thanks!

I just came across this forum and can't believe it exists. I'm in a grad school in Texas and applied for a research grant to Panama in history and haven't heard back yet. I should be studying for my comprehensive exams in April, but I keep having stress dreams about Fulbright notifications. Did anyone else apply to Panama or another country in Central America? I'm curious as to whether anyone has been notified about the first stage. 

I just came across this forum and can't believe it exists. I'm in a grad school in Texas and applied for a research grant to Panama in history and haven't heard back yet. I should be studying for my comprehensive exams in April, but I keep having stress dreams about Fulbright notifications. Did anyone else apply to Panama or another country in Central America? I'm curious as to whether anyone has been notified about the first stage. 

You won't hear about the first "round" until January 31st at the latest. However, based off the past few years, this date may be more like Jan 17 or 18. After reading through last year's post, there were a flurry of notifications to Program Advisers before everyone found out. Most likely, if you follow this thread you will have a pretty good idea of when this first notification will occur. If you're provided recommendation to the second "round", the notification times will vary based on region. There's a useful spreadsheet lurking around that has notification dates from previous years, and may therefore provide a bit of insight. 

Are you referring to quals when you say comprehensive exams? I'm surprised you're having stress dreams about the Fulbright, and not those!