Fulbright 2014-2015

conservationbiologist14

Sending good vibes to you all! Not to sound sappy, but I appreciate the mutual support!

It's not sappy, it is really nice to have a community of fellow applicants cheering for each other for something as stressful and competitive as a Fulbright.

I know that email notifications start going out usually around 5, but does anyone know what the latest time is that you're likely to get an email? It it normally 5-8?

We got it last year at 4:46 pm Eastern (I'm not that crazy, I just looked in my saved messages!)

Hey everyone! I've been following this thread for a while to stay updated, but finally decided to create an account and comment. I have also been extremely nervous and excited to receive an e-mail from IIE, so I can relate to the insomnia and nightmares! Anywho, wishing everyone good luck! Thank you for this thread it has helped me a lot! :-)

Edited by jkcrkf

We got it last year at 4:46 pm Eastern (I'm not that crazy, I just looked in my saved messages!)

It's not crazy... In fact, we're all glad you gave us that information! So what day this week are we "supposed" to get emails from IIE?

Someone should call the office--looks as though they were decently open in the past when it was the week of notification o.O

I might call them if we don't hear anything after Friday. I heard that the government shut down shouldn't have affected Fulbright, but I don't know if it might have caused some delays in the review process.

I might call them if we don't hear anything after Friday. I heard that the government shut down shouldn't have affected Fulbright, but I don't know if it might have caused some delays in the review process.

I think you should hear by Friday.  Fulbright is normally exempt from the shutdown.  

France is nice, spent 8 months there doing research related to what my Fulbright application is now..

I think you should hear by Friday.  Fulbright is normally exempt from the shutdown.  

France is nice, spent 8 months there doing research related to what my Fulbright application is now..

Nice! What part of France were you in?

Nice! What part of France were you in?

Lyon and also Paris.. Both nice, Lyon had a better feel, Paris had some great places to visit, and Lyon was equal with the Cathedrals and such..

Lyon and also Paris.. Both nice, Lyon had a better feel, Paris had some great places to visit, and Lyon was equal with the Cathedrals and such..

Lyon is where I hope to be based. I have visited Paris and have lived in Nice, but haven't been to Lyon. Good to know it's a nice place to be beyond just doing research :)

I was browsing last year's thread and noticed that about this time people began posting that their FPAs had alerted them that some kind of update would be coming soon. Has anyone received such a tip this year? I emailed my FPA and was told that I would be emailed by IIE at the end of the month. I know that some people also reported last year that their FPAs were toeing the Fulbright party line, which is "update at end of the month" so I don't think what my FPA said means we won't hear this week. Still, can anyone report in with more optimistic word from an FPA? 

I'M TOO YOUNG TO HAVE A STROKE! ... I also just received the survey email. 
I bet there's some guy in an IIE office somewhere, bored out of his mind, and decided to mess with us with a survey email... He's laughing maniacally as we speak.