Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2014 admissions

AccioMSW

Yes, it is just for the advanced standing.  Advanced standing programs always hear before the 2 year programs.

Hi,

I was wondering if the decisions sent out from U of T are only for advanced standing or for the 2-year program also?

I applied to the two year MSW at U of Calgary, and haven't heard anything yet. I'm hoping it should be any day now because they had told me a while ago that we would hear by the end of February. Did you apply to the two year or one year program in Calgary?

Re: Dalhousie MSW - I also received the same 'acceptance' letter/date as Power Point but haven't received the follow up package. I did get an email last Weds from the Dean of Graduate Studies saying congrats and info about how to set up my email etc though. I also applied to UVic but nothing has changed on that front - still 'File Forwarded to Department' and it seems on their site they say end of April/May (argh! so far away!)

I applied to the MSW Leadership in Human Services at Calgary. Two year via distance. All programs I applied to were the distance option.

I haven't received an email from Dal or the package now I'm starting to worry the Dean won't sign off on it! Lol. This is my first time applying but I am assuming that letter is basically an acceptance and that it is just a formality for the Dean to sign off on it? That your acceptance won't be taken back? Lol Lazzypants, are you applying for on campus or distance at Dal?

Ha, I'm sure the acceptance letter you got means it's a-ok. Like someone else commented, I also hate how piece meal it all is for sending notices, etc. I just wish it could be online/email and it's done! No waiting around and some hearing and some not. So brutal. Good luck to everyone still waiting - so hard! UVic said they don't advise until end of April/May but that doesn't stop me from checking my status everyday. Haha. And Power Point, I've applied for distance for both Dal and UVic.

I applied to the MSW Leadership in Human Services at Calgary. Two year via distance. All programs I applied to were the distance option.

I haven't received an email from Dal or the package now I'm starting to worry the Dean won't sign off on it! Lol. This is my first time applying but I am assuming that letter is basically an acceptance and that it is just a formality for the Dean to sign off on it? That your acceptance won't be taken back? Lol Lazzypants, are you applying for on campus or distance at Dal?

I don't understand why, in this day in age, more things aren't done online/by email. It's so frustrating! The technology is there, guys. Use it! It makes it a whole lot easier for those of us who live across the world, as well  <_<

My status still says Under Review as well. 

I think it takes a while to update, just like initially when they needed to manually change it from "documents pending" to "under review". 

I'm all kinds of anxious at this point... I've convinced myself that I'm not getting in and have already started coming up with a concrete plan B lol. I've decided that it isn't the end of the world if I don't get in, plus my GPA wasn't incredibly strong compared to many other applicants who have applied. 

My Conditional offer has been confirmed! :-) 

When you emailed Angela did she say "invited" could mean anything other than a conditional offer? Mine also says invited but I'm too nervous to assume it means I'm accepted!!!!

Out of curiosity, for the 2 year program what undergraduate background (program) is everyone coming from? 

I'm going to come out of the woodwork--definitely been creeping this forum for longer than I'd like to admit--and answer a question.

My undergradute background is in psychology, neuroscience and behaviour with a minor in sociology. I'll be graduating in June. What's your major?

I'm going to come out of the woodwork--definitely been creeping this forum for longer than I'd like to admit--and answer a question.

My undergradute background is in psychology, neuroscience and behaviour with a minor in sociology. I'll be graduating in June. What's your major?

Oh interesting, I'm coming from Children's Studies and I'm graduating in June as well. Which schools are you applying to, if you don't mind my asking

Oh interesting, I'm coming from Children's Studies and I'm graduating in June as well. Which schools are you applying to, if you don't mind my asking

Oh interesting major! I'd assume there is an eclectic bunch applying to the 2 year programs.

No not at all, I've applied to Laurier and Windsor.

Oh interesting major! I'd assume there is an eclectic bunch applying to the 2 year programs.

No not at all, I've applied to Laurier and Windsor.

Yeah it seems that way, I haven't met anyone else from my program who is not applying to teacher's college.

Good luck! :) 

Yeah it seems that way, I haven't met anyone else from my program who is not applying to teacher's college.

Good luck! :)

You've certainly chosen the correct route in terms of job prospects. There's lots of positive work you can do with children in the social work sphere too. Best of luck to you as well!

When you emailed Angela did she say "invited" could mean anything other than a conditional offer? Mine also says invited but I'm too nervous to assume it means I'm accepted!!!!

Are you looking in ROSI Wanttoknow28??

The invite never said that it was conditional, I'm assuming that Angela checked before responding.  She said:

"Congratulations!  This means that you have been conditionally accepted into the program.  The offer packages were mailed out yesterday afternoon.  The offer letter will outline the conditions of admission."

Edited by SocialShawn

OMG!

Logged into my old ROSI account and it looks like I was accepted!

Background! I did my first undergrad at U of T 

Registration - Fall 2014 - SW MSW 1

Degree

Master of Social Work (1yr) (SW MSW 1)

Status

Invited

Full-time or Part-time sws_help.png

Full Time

Session in which you entered program

Fall 2014

Year of Study

Registration - Winter 2015 - SW MSW 1

collapse.gif

Is this what it says when you log in? I logged in and I see nothing.

Is this what it says when you log in? I logged in and I see nothing.

I did a previous undergrad at U of T... I'm logging into ROSI to access my U of T student account. 

I did a previous undergrad at U of T... I'm logging into ROSI to access my U of T student account.

I have never been a UofT student and I was able to log in. Just used my student ID number and make up a pin.

What did you see when you did?

I have never been a UofT student and I was able to log in. Just used my student ID number and make up a pin.

What did you see when you did?

On the main page when I sign in - It's just there. Previously it said my old undergrad stuff and now it shows this:

Degree Master of Social Work (1yr) (SW MSW 1) Status Invited Full-time or Part-time sws_help.png Full Time Session in which you entered program Fall 2014 Year of Study 1

expand.gif

Degree Master of Social Work (1yr) (SW MSW 1) Status Invited Full-time or Part-time sws_help.png Full Time Session in which you entered program Fall 2014 Year of Study 1

http://www.rosi.utoronto.ca

Edited by SocialShawn

From the sounds of her response it sounds like only the acceptances were mailed out yesterday, not the rejection letters.  I hope all of the decisions were mailed out, not just the acceptances.

Are you looking in ROSI Wanttoknow28??

The invite never said that it was conditional, I'm assuming that Angela checked before responding.  She said:

"Congratulations!  This means that you have been conditionally accepted into the program.  The offer packages were mailed out yesterday afternoon.  The offer letter will outline the conditions of admission."

I signed in using the student # I got from the application, mine says no registration history... I'm guessing that means I did not get in? 

On the main page when I sign in - It's just there. Previously it said my old undergrad stuff and now it shows this:

expand.gif

http://www.rosi.utoronto.ca

I signed in using the student # I got from the application, mine says no registration history... I'm guessing that means I did not get in? 

Edited by smpalesh

nevermind I found it

Edited by smpalesh

OMG OMG OMG!!  I just figured out how to sign in to UofT's website bc I found the student # section and this is what it says:

Degree Master of Social Work (1yr) (SW MSW 1) Status Invited Full-time or Part-time sws_help.png Full Time Session in which you entered program Fall 2014 Year of Study 1

I am freaking out!!!!!!!  I got in!!!!!  OMG!!!!

OMG OMG OMG!!  I just figured out how to sign in to UofT's website bc I found the student # section and this is what it says:

Degree Master of Social Work (1yr) (SW MSW 1) Status Invited Full-time or Part-time sws_help.png Full Time Session in which you entered program Fall 2014 Year of Study 1

I am freaking out!!!!!!!  I got in!!!!!  OMG!!!!

Ok I need to figure out how to do this! You didn't previously go to U of T too did you? Or is this specifically for previous U of T students? 

No I did not go to UofT!

Ok I need to figure out how to do this! You didn't previously go to U of T too did you? Or is this specifically for previous U of T students? 

Congrats! I don't think I got in that means! But congrats to everyone who did!

What site is everyone logging in on?

Edited by rynkhun

Here is the info I just shared with all my BSW facebook friends:

so go to the UofT website and go to this page - https://apply.sgs.utoronto.ca/ - and sign in with the application number given to you when you applied. Once you get in there at the top of the page will be a tab labelled - profile update. Go in there and there will be a student number listed. Copy the student number and then go to this website - http://www.rosi.utoronto.ca - and log in. Mine says I am invited to the MSW program for Fall 2014!!!