Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2014 admissions

AccioMSW

Hello,

I am responding to your message.  Decisions were mailed out today. You should receive a response within the next couple of days.

Best regards,

Angela Umbrello
Administrative Coordinator, Admissions & Programs
Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work, University of Toronto

OMG, is that for real?!  Wow, they are really early this year.  Now my heart is racing and I wish I could stay home tomorrow and stalk the mail carrier.  I am only an hour from Toronto so I am hoping it only takes one day.  Yikes!

Hello,

I am responding to your message.  Decisions were mailed out today. You should receive a response within the next couple of days.

Best regards,

Angela Umbrello

Edited by smpalesh

Has anyone's status changed online for UofT??  Mine still says Under Review.  I am hoping that is not a bad sign.  I keep going back and forth between being convinced I am definitely going to get in and convinced that there is no way I'll get in.  Since I am waitlisted at Laurier (which we all know means not much of a chance) this is my last shot at doing my MSW this fall. 

Has anyone's status changed online for UofT??  Mine still says Under Review.  I am hoping that is not a bad sign.  I keep going back and forth between being convinced I am definitely going to get in and convinced that there is no way I'll get in.  Since I am waitlisted at Laurier (which we all know means not much of a chance) this is my last shot at doing my MSW this fall. 

Mine's still saying 'under review' as well...Really hoping you get good news!

Hello,

Best regards,

Angela Umbrello

Thanks for the update!

OMG, is that for real?!  Wow, they are really early this year.  Now my heart is racing and I wish I could stay home tomorrow and stalk the mail carrier.  I am only an hour from Toronto so I am hoping it only takes one day.  Yikes!

I have a huge knot in my stomach right now knowing our fate will be known within the next few days! I am way up in Thunder Bay so I am not sure how long mail will take to reach me… I know sending things down to Niagara from here has taken as long as a week and a half :(

My status also says Under Review and I really hope that doesn't mean they are deciding whether to put us on the wait list…Ah fingers crossed for all of us! 

It said decisions were mailed out today so hopefully that means ALL decisions.  It is possible they just haven't updated the website yet.  I really hope that is the case.  I don't know what I'm going to do if I don't get in bc there are no jobs for BSW grads in my area, it's all MSW. 

I hope your mail services moves super fast for you!  I am in Waterloo so I don't know how long it takes mail to get from Toronto to Waterloo.  I am hoping one day but it could be more.

I have a huge knot in my stomach right now knowing our fate will be known within the next few days! I am way up in Thunder Bay so I am not sure how long mail will take to reach me… I know sending things down to Niagara from here has taken as long as a week and a half :(

My status also says Under Review and I really hope that doesn't mean they are deciding whether to put us on the wait list…Ah fingers crossed for all of us! 

Mine still says Under Review as well, I am all the way in BC so I will still be waiting a week or so! Good luck to everyone. 

Hello,

Best regards,

Angela Umbrello

Thank you so much for the update!

Ohmygod, I think I am going to be sick. I am going to be an emotional wreck till I know. Good luck to you all and may the odds be ever in our favour ;)

Hello,

Best regards,

Angela Umbrello

Thanks for the update Blewis1!!!!!

My status still says Under Review as well. 

I think it takes a while to update, just like initially when they needed to manually change it from "documents pending" to "under review". 

I'm all kinds of anxious at this point... I've convinced myself that I'm not getting in and have already started coming up with a concrete plan B lol. I've decided that it isn't the end of the world if I don't get in, plus my GPA wasn't incredibly strong compared to many other applicants who have applied. 

I'm the opposite, I've convinced myself I AM getting in and I know I'm going to be crushed if I don't.  I know that only 1/3 of the people who applied will get in so I really hope I am one of those people.  Go quickly mail service!

My status still says Under Review as well. 

I think it takes a while to update, just like initially when they needed to manually change it from "documents pending" to "under review". 

I'm all kinds of anxious at this point... I've convinced myself that I'm not getting in and have already started coming up with a concrete plan B lol. I've decided that it isn't the end of the world if I don't get in, plus my GPA wasn't incredibly strong compared to many other applicants who have applied. 

For those applying to the MSW program at U of T, your online status will never change to indicate whether you have been accepted, wait listed or rejected..it will just change to "decision made".

B

Oh, I knew that.  I was just hoping it would change to decision made.  Did you email the school today?

For those applying to the MSW program at U of T, your online status will never change to indicate whether you have been accepted, wait listed or rejected..it will just change to "decision made".

B

My plan B is to just work for a year or two, as I already have a B.A. in Child and Youth Studies as well as my BSW come this spring, so hoping to land a job somewhere in the social work field, even if I have to start out in child welfare at CAS. I'm looking at it optimistically saying I could work for a year and gain experience and money, or finish school. But I really would love to get into U of T and finish school forever! I've signed myself up for every single workout class this week to take my mind off of this seemingly endless wait...

My plan B is to just work for a year or two, as I already have a B.A. in Child and Youth Studies as well as my BSW come this spring, so hoping to land a job somewhere in the social work field, even if I have to start out in child welfare at CAS. I'm looking at it optimistically saying I could work for a year and gain experience and money, or finish school. But I really would love to get into U of T and finish school forever! I've signed myself up for every single workout class this week to take my mind off of this seemingly endless wait...

Dannika_star,

My sentiments exactly, I already have an HBSc specializing in Psychology with Minors in African Studies and Women and Gender Studies, plus this BSW as of June. As much as I would also love to be done with school forever (until I'm like 45 or 50 and decide to do a PhD lol), I've already started applying for positions in the social work field and could use the money! Either way things will work out for the best - more money or finishing school lol :-) 

if you mean by Ottawa u mean Carleton yes they recieved  acceptance and rejection lettrers a few weeks ago.

I see that you applied to Dal distance have u heard from them ?

Any news from dal? I know you had said that they asked for your address confirmation, did you get any follow up? I've emailed twice now with no response....its totally nerve wracking! Anyone else out there get any news from the distance MSW from Dalhousie? 

hey .. I've also emailed them twice and nothing in return as of yet. Good to know I'm not the only one though.. I thought they might have lost my application  <_< Could you imagine OMG!

still optimistic ... I have nearly 10 years in the field of social services incl.  8 at CAS

I want to go into private practice So I have a plan B if I don't get in ... theirs always more than one way to get to the end of the rainbow.. it may take longer but ill get there lol

Good luck to everyone and congrats to those who Know :)

OMG!

Logged into my old ROSI account and it looks like I was accepted!

Background! I did my first undergrad at U of T 

Registration - Fall 2014 - SW MSW 1
Degree Master of Social Work (1yr) (SW MSW 1) Status Invited Full-time or Part-time sws_help.png Full Time Session in which you entered program Fall 2014 Year of Study 1
Registration - Winter 2015 - SW MSW 1
collapse.gif

OMG!

Degree Master of Social Work (1yr) (SW MSW 1) Status Invited Full-time or Part-time sws_help.png Full Time Session in which you entered program Fall 2014 Year of Study 1
collapse.gif

That is so awesome! Yay for you!!!! I love hearing good news.

Edited by foreverwaiting

Wow!  Congrats!  What stream did you choose?  Do you mind my asking what your qualifications are?  Hoping I have a chance to get in too! :)

OMG!

collapse.gif

RE: Dalhousie

I just get an email from sswadmissions@Dal.ca

they said that they re-sent my letter to address that I have given them by email .. should get something soon

doesn't sound good :( u wouldn't think they would not send a letter to someone who got accepted OH Well

:(

maybe send them an email with your current address to the email address above.. maybe it got lost in the mail GOOD LUCK :)