Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2014 admissions

AccioMSW

Ok that is what I did, it does not say anything. Oh well :(

Here is the info I just shared with all my BSW facebook friends:

so go to the UofT website and go to this page - https://apply.sgs.utoronto.ca/ - and sign in with the application number given to you when you applied. Once you get in there at the top of the page will be a tab labelled - profile update. Go in there and there will be a student number listed. Copy the student number and then go to this website - http://www.rosi.utoronto.ca - and log in. Mine says I am invited to the MSW program for Fall 2014!!!

Here is the info I just shared with all my BSW facebook friends:

so go to the UofT website and go to this page - https://apply.sgs.utoronto.ca/ - and sign in with the application number given to you when you applied. Once you get in there at the top of the page will be a tab labelled - profile update. Go in there and there will be a student number listed. Copy the student number and then go to this website - http://www.rosi.utoronto.ca - and log in. Mine says I am invited to the MSW program for Fall 2014!!!

I found my student number and then it says for first time users to create a pin which would be my birthday but it isn't working :(

My friend was trying just now and said the system wasn't working. It might be a system error, I would keep trying

I found my student number and then it says for first time users to create a pin which would be my birthday but it isn't working :(

OMG OMG OMG!!  I just figured out how to sign in to UofT's website bc I found the student # section and this is what it says:

Registration - Fall 2014 - SW MSW 1

Degree Master of Social Work (1yr) (SW MSW 1) Status Invited Full-time or Part-time sws_help.png Full Time Session in which you entered program Fall 2014 Year of Study 1

I am freaking out!!!!!!!  I got in!!!!!  OMG!!!!

Congrats Smpalesh!!!!!! That's amazing!!!! You are extremely clever lol!!!!!!!! 

Edited by SocialShawn

My friend was trying just now and said the system wasn't working. It might be a system error, I would keep trying

Same here, it said it wasn't available at that time. Hopefully it works soon! I want to know! Thanks for the info :)

There are certain hours the site does not allow you to log on, I am not able to right now either. 

No the system goes down at night! it shouldn't go down until 12:15 but sometimes it goes down earlier, you'll need to wait until after 4 am or so, check the hours - it will say them when you attempt to log in.

Ok that is what I did, it does not say anything. Oh well :(

You could be waitlisted! You never know...  In a few days the decisions will be confirmed via the mail. 

Good luck!!!

Edited by SocialShawn

All is not lost. There is still a chance that you were waitlisted. Best of luck to you!

Thanks, I am not sure what else I could have done.. I have a 3.9 GPA, over three years of work experience in social service sector, strong references, and was very proud of my admission statement. I guess I should not lose all hope until I receive an official letter. 

There is still a piece of me that doesn't believe it, like maybe it is an error or something!  But it seems pretty darn straight forward!  Status: Invited.  I can't wait to get the official letter!

Congrats Smpalesh!!!!!! That's amazing!!!! You are extremely clever lol!!!!!!!! 

There is still a piece of me that doesn't believe it, like maybe it is an error or something!  But it seems pretty darn straight forward!  Status: Invited.  I can't wait to get the official letter!

Smpalesh... 

Me too! I've re-read Angela's email a million times and I keep looking at the home page in ROSI - I took a screenshot of it  LOL! 

OMG!!! I just logged on and it says the same thing! I really hope this is real! 

Degree Master of Social Work (1yr) (SW MSW 1) Status Invited Full-time or Part-time sws_help.png Full Time Session in which you entered program Fall 2014 Year of Study 1

Congratulations to all of you who got in!!!

I was wondering if anyone knows when we will be notified about the 2-year MSW program at U of T? I've been following this thread and noticed that letters have been sent to those who applied to the advanced standing program. Any word on the 2 year program?

Is anyone else who has "Status: Invited" worried that it isn't actually true? I woke up this morning and thought "maybe everyone's who applied says that???"  But I do know out of the 6 people from my program I talked to last night who checked 4 of ours says Status: Invited and 2 don't say anything.  I really hope the letter comes today!

OMG OMG OMG!!  I just figured out how to sign in to UofT's website bc I found the student # section and this is what it says:

Registration - Fall 2014 - SW MSW 1

Degree Master of Social Work (1yr) (SW MSW 1) Status Invited Full-time or Part-time sws_help.png Full Time Session in which you entered program Fall 2014 Year of Study 1

I am freaking out!!!!!!!  I got in!!!!!  OMG!!!!

Congrats that's so awesome!!! : ) 

Finally got a response from Dal and did not get in.....the admissions office says that they do not even run a wait list for whatever reason....which I find odd since I am sure that so many people that get into Dal will get into other schools and reject the Dal offer....anyway, depressing....UVIC is my last hope....has anyone heard of the acceptance rate for distance at UVIC? 

I'm glad to hear some people are hearing something, wish I had too! I haven't heard anything, and was worried about whether they received my information, but see that they did charge my credit card, so they must have gotten it.  I haven't gotten response to either email and nothing via mail! I obviously wasn't accepted in the first round if you guys are hearing something already, hopefully I am on a wait list! Thanks for the info! I also applied to the distance MSW at UVIC and haven't heard a peep, however, the website said not to expect any response until late March / early April, so I haven't been too anxious about that yet......

Yeah I'm also a bit worried by this. Mine says it as well, but I checked and there was nothing from U of T. I live in Toronto, so if they sent them out on Monday March 3rd I thought I would have got my letter by now....

Is anyone else who has "Status: Invited" worried that it isn't actually true? I woke up this morning and thought "maybe everyone's who applied says that???"  But I do know out of the 6 people from my program I talked to last night who checked 4 of ours says Status: Invited and 2 don't say anything.  I really hope the letter comes today!

Aw, sorry to hear sarah428! That's really disappointing. And that really doesn't make sense Dal doesn't offer waitlists! So frustrating because you are totally right about people not accepting offers, etc. I am also waiting on UVic (check my application status every dang day because I have a problem - haha) but I don't know anything about their acceptance % versus apps. And they take soooo long to decide too given that we have to have our apps in by Dec 1st - why on earth do they need until the end of April! Sob.

Finally got a response from Dal and did not get in.....the admissions office says that they do not even run a wait list for whatever reason....which I find odd since I am sure that so many people that get into Dal will get into other schools and reject the Dal offer....anyway, depressing....UVIC is my last hope....has anyone heard of the acceptance rate for distance at UVIC? 

It's so exciting to hear people getting accepted...ONE MORE MONTH for 2 year.

Did U of T say mid-March for advanced standing?? 

If so, maybe we can expect early April.....

Wow, that is really weird!  Yes, if they sent it out Monday there is no way you shouldn't have gotten it by now.  I really hope it is not some cruel joke and that it doesnt' just say that to everyone who applied.  Kind of freaking out now because I've already told a few people.

Yeah I'm also a bit worried by this. Mine says it as well, but I checked and there was nothing from U of T. I live in Toronto, so if they sent them out on Monday March 3rd I thought I would have got my letter by now....

Wow, that is really weird!  Yes, if they sent it out Monday there is no way you shouldn't have gotten it by now.  I really hope it is not some cruel joke and that it doesnt' just say that to everyone who applied.  Kind of freaking out now because I've already told a few people.

I haven't received mine yet either. I'm not worried though, since Angela confirmed. A friend of mine who lives outside of the city had the same invite status and received her "big" package today from UofT. She's not home  yet so she cannot tell me the details.