Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2014 admissions

AccioMSW

If it said that for everyone who applied, then "everyone" who applied would have the same status/message... Clearly not everyone does, as you said yourself and we've seen here in the forum. 

Edited by SocialShawn

I just emailed Angela because I am too impatient to wait lol.  Hopefully she responds!

I hope that I haven't caused her to receive a flood of emails about this - that would be awful. I hope that she isn't annoyed. 

Where on the student website does it say you have been accepted?

Does it say it right when you log in or u need to chose a certain tab. 

Yes as soon as I logged into the student center it said that I was invited to the MSW for Fall 2014.  I didn't have to click on anything.

Where on the student website does it say you have been accepted?

Does it say it right when you log in or u need to chose a certain tab. 

Don't give up hope!  I know that last year people did get off the waitlist.  Have you heard from Ryerson yet?

Congrats to everyone who got good news! Unfortunately I got wait listed for U of T and I'm pretty rattled about it.

Congrats to those who got accepted to U of T!

I am so excited for you guys :)

I have to admit that I've been reading this thread for months now, hoping that I would find relevant infos. Thank you for all your input,  it really helped me with my application! I am a first time aplicant and I was really worried about the whole process as I am new to Canada. My BSW degree is from Europe and I have 9 years of paid social worker experience in my country. So, I've been checking my SGS uoftoronto account every day in the last 2 weeks and nothing happened, I am still under review. Than earlier today I checked on ROSI ( I had to register first) and under my status is stated INVITED. :o  No email yet, no snail mail yet... Should I be happy or wait for the post first?!

I am so excited but yet I fear that this might be a mistake... I am tormented and in the same time overwhelmed by emotions.

Please advise me what to do now... Thank you!

Edited by Difrax

Congrats to those who got accepted to U of T!

I am so excited for you guys :)

I have to admit that I've been reading this thread for months now, hoping that I would find relevant infos. Thank you for all your input,  it really helped me in my application! I am a first time aplicant and I was really worried about the whole process as I am new to Canada. My BSW degree is from Europe and I have 9years of paid social worker experience in my country. So, I've been checking my SGS uoftoronto account every day in the last 2 weeks and nothing happened, I am still under review. Than earlier today I checked on ROSI ( I had to register first) and under my status is stated INVITED. :o  No email yet, no snail mail yet... Should I be happy or what for the post first? I am so excited but yet I fear that this might be a mistake... Please advise me what to do now... Thank you!

Congratulations! You got in! Just relax and wait for the official letter!

Congratulations! You got in! Just relax and wait for the official letter!

Thank you Mares1325! I hope this is not a trick and it really means what we all think it means.

And congrats to you too, I was very happy to read about your news too! I think I know you from a different forum site ;)  Bafta pt. Carleton!!!!

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

I have also been accepted into UofT’s program – I got my package in the mail yesterday. My rosi account also says invited (I was not a previous UofT Student) – so I think it’s fair to say that if your rosi says invited when you log in it means you’ve been accepted. If you didn’t receive your package yesterday, you’ll probably get it today or tomorrow depending on where you are in the province/country.

For those who are who have been waitlisted don’t lose hope ( I know it’s easier said than done), but I’ve heard of many people getting in off the waitlist, you just never know.

Best of luck to everyone, stay positive

I heard back from Angela and it is official, I am definitely accepted!  I am at work right now but I am hoping the package will be there when I get home.  I am so excited! 

Also, just wanted to remind everyone to put your stats on the results page.  It is really helpful for people waiting to see when and how everyone got notified and whether they were accepted, rejected or waitlisted!

Just got my letter saying I've been waitlisted for U of T. Laurier was my first choice so I'm pretty okay with it. Congrats to everyone who was accepted and good luck to those who were waitlisted or haven't heard!

Edited by mtnbike

It's interesting to see what different programs are looking for. You got into Laurier and were waitlisted to UofT and I got into UofT and was waitlisted to Laurier.  It just goes to show everyone that it is really just about who is the best fit for the program. 

Congrats to everyone who is hearing good news, and to those who aren't don't give up, just keep on trying!

Just got my letter saying I've been waitlisted for U of T. Laurier was my first choice so I'm pretty okay with it. Congrats to everyone who was accepted and good luck to those who were waitlisted or haven't heard!

Edited by smpalesh

For anyone else who was accepted to Laurier, did you get a nice bid admissions package in the mail, or is it just the e-mail? Lol, not to be weird about it, but even knowing I got in I still keep checking my mail box for one of those big envelopes. A bit ridiculous, but it feels sooo good getting one of those bad boys in the post.

Congrats to all the advanced standings who have got in!

I'm applying to the 2 year program at Laurier and UofT, and I've been lurking for awhile. The pressure's starting to get to me so I thought I should come out of the woodwork. Haha

Congrats to all the advanced standings who have got in!

I'm applying to the 2 year program at Laurier and UofT, and I've been lurking for awhile. The pressure's starting to get to me so I thought I should come out of the woodwork. Haha

Hey, I'm also applying to the 2 year at UofT it is so hard to wait so here's hoping that the results come sooner :) 

Could anyone who has already received their acceptance package for U of T tell me a little bit about what's included in it? I am still waiting for mine, but am curious as to if they have included any info on scholarships?

You'll get a big admissions package in the mail :)

For anyone else who was accepted to Laurier, did you get a nice bid admissions package in the mail, or is it just the e-mail? Lol, not to be weird about it, but even knowing I got in I still keep checking my mail box for one of those big envelopes. A bit ridiculous, but it feels sooo good getting one of those bad boys in the post.

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted to U of T for the advanced standing program!  Just reading about your excitement reminds me of my own this time last year.  To those who have not received good news, keep working at it--where there is a will, there is a way :)

Anyone out there still waiting on UVic MSW? I was reading last year's status results and someone got an email acceptance from them on March 13th which is next week! I am hoping that's true as I can't bring myself to believe that what they say on their site (will hear by end of April/May) can be true - how much time do they need?!