Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2014 admissions

AccioMSW

I actually called them today to find out what my status was, as I had been accepted to another program at Ryerson that was wanting a tuition deposit ASAP. I called Ann Chen (the program advisor) and she looked it up for me! She said that they have been slowly sending out emails to those who have been wait listed/declined...honestly, I wasn't given a definite date stating when everybody will know by! I just know "by the end of the month"  :mellow:. You should just call and ask! Ann was really nice and didn't seem to mind at all. 

I have my BSc with a major in Psychology. I did lots of volunteering throughout my degree, specifically with the Calgary Immigrant Women's Association and the Elizabeth Fry Society. During my degree I worked at Brenda's House (a family homeless shelter) for a little less then a year, and then moved on to working frontline at Wood's Homes. I was still at Wood's at my time of application. 

I'm pretty excited to be first on the wait list but am also obviously nervous about the fact that it's not definite. What is your experience like? Keep me updated on what Ann says!!

Oh, thanks so much for this! Good for you for calling, they said they weren't giving application statuses over the phone, so I didn't bother. So do the people who were accepted already get emailed then? Did she say? Anxiously waiting over here! I believe you will get in for sure, since there's likely someone who will get accepted but go elsewhere. Funny thing, I also work for Wood's! Been working in a school program for the last few years. My undergrad is in Anthropology and I have some experiences with museum work and international volunteering. Maybe we'll cross paths some day:) 

Hey this is a question for wait-listers does anyone know if the updated resume needs to include all the experience from the previous resume or just the new experiences?

Okay, I'm on the wait list too! Also shocked, but not feeling too hopeful since there are only 10 spots in the program and 10 of us on the wait list. Happy to have made it this far though. Good for you for being top of the wait list! Good luck:)

Okay, I'm on the wait list too! Also shocked, but not feeling too hopeful since there are only 10 spots in the program and 10 of us on the wait list. Happy to have made it this far though. Good for you for being top of the wait list! Good luck:)

Good that you called! Get that anxiety out of the way haha. I'm super shocked theres only 10 spots...for some reason I was under the impression that there were 25?!? I wonder why its so small!! Did you find out what position you are on the waitlist? Good luck!!

Hi everyone. Does anyone know when we'd hear from OGS for u of t?

I believe usually the highest 25 gpa people addmitted into the 2 yr program normally gets the OGS (another 15 for 1yr I think). But I am not sure  when people get notified. Looking for the same info here.... wonder when they will be announced / informed (maybe someone else on this forum already explored that question) !

Yes, thank you so much for the advice! She unfortunately couldn't say where I was on the list. I guess what's meant to be will be. There are 30 applicants accepted in the 2 year program, but only 10 for each specialization. International and Community Development sounds so awesome! Take care:)

To those who have been recently posting about University of Calgary's 2 year program:

I have been accepted into this program but into the Clinical stream. I got the acceptance email last Wednesday the 2nd. This school was my top choice so I have already accepted the offer. In the email, it said that I had to let them know by April 15th whether I would accept/decline the offer. So seemingly, those on the waitlist would start hearing back after April 15th. However it seems as if they sent out the acceptance letters according to which stream you chose, so not sure if the ICD letters would have been sent on the same day as the Clinical ones. Anyway, hope this helps :) 

I believe usually the highest 25 gpa people addmitted into the 2 yr program normally gets the OGS (another 15 for 1yr I think). But I am not sure  when people get notified. Looking for the same info here.... wonder when they will be announced / informed (maybe someone else on this forum already explored that question) !

Been wondering the same about Windsor's OGS. Results were supposed to be out in late March. I know Laurier students will find out this Friday.

Anyone know how many people are on the waiting list for Windsor's 2 year regular track program, or have any knowledge/experience with previously being on their waiting list? Feeling like I'm in limbo. 

Anyone know how many people are on the waiting list for Windsor's 2 year regular track program, or have any knowledge/experience with previously being on their waiting list? Feeling like I'm in limbo. 

I know someone was on the waiting list earlier this month and was then accepted.  Don't give up hope!

Don't worry, Im in the same boat as you and the anxiety is killing me. :) 

Has anyone here heard anything from York regarding the 2 year program? MyFile still says no decision... :(

I actually called them today , and they said we should find out in the next two weeks...

I actually called them today , and they said we should find out in the next two weeks...

Lol great, so at least now I know not to believe that statement (I was told the exact same thing 2 weeks ago and she even said guaranteed). Ah well I guess waiting is better than coping with rejection for now.

Hi everyone

I found out on Tuesday that I got accepted into the Fulltime Advanced Standing program at Laurier. I had been on the waitlist. I also know of someone else who got accepted the same day from the waitlist for the part time Advanced Standing program. I still have not heard from Waterloo or Western (wait listed at both), but I have already accepted my offer at Laurier. Good luck to everyone!

Hi all

I am new to this forum, and I am just wondering if anyone has applied to the MSW for working professionals at U Windsor?  I was finally able to get my application in on April 2nd after a long wait for one of my references who was on sick leave (bless him for getting it to me)! 

It is a rolling acceptance and I'm just wondering if anyone who has applied and been accepted could tell me how long they had to wait for a decision and also how much work experience you have?  I am nervous that I have just over the minimum 3 years work experience.  However I also have placement experience through my SSW diploma.  

Anyways, I only applied to this program so I really hope I get in!  I was waitlisted last year for the Laurier part-time program.  I am wishing now I would have applied to U of T as well!  I guess I will see what happens. 

Best of luck to everyone and congrats to those who have been accepted :) 

Morgan 

Thank you for the reply. I emailed u of t they said it will be posted on blue rewards account end of April :)

Thank you for the reply. I emailed u of t they said it will be posted on blue rewards account end of April :)

First time I have heard of blue rewards....could you explain a bit more about it and where people could see this information !

First time I have heard of blue rewards....could you explain a bit more about it and where people could see this information !

Blue accounts sorry my mistake. It is where you set up Ogs application.