Canadian Applicants 2014

CharlieRae

I wish I had better foresight. POI at University of Toronto emailed me saying that they want me to come up for an in-person interview, but I can't because I don't have a passport. Instead we're going to have an informal chat at SPSP, but I feel like I really shot myself in the foot by not taking care of this sooner.

Does anyone know if UBC is done sending invites? 

The website didn't say much, so I called and asked.  They said that if a professor is interested, they'll contact you, but they're still reviewing applications.  They should have contacted people by the end of next week at the latest, because the visiting weekend is in early February.

I got my email this morning!! Woohoo, top choice.

Congrats!!! Do you mind me asking what POI? I applied to, hopefully my invitation is just around the corner...

Edited by jae118

Hi Everyone ! 

I received an interview to Ryerson last week (so excited & nervous- top choice school) ! I am just wondering if anybody has heard any news on Western or Waterloo. Have they began to interview? 

Best of Luck to you all :) 

Does anyone know if UBC is done sending invites? 

i asked my advisor yesterday (another friend of mine is waiting to hear from them cuz he wants to join my program) and she only said that "all the pertinent decisions had already been made" which i guess is code for invites are either on the way or should've already been received. 

apparently, clinical and social were pretty competitive this year. lots of good candidates

Edited by spunky

Hi Everyone ! 

I received an interview to Ryerson last week (so excited & nervous- top choice school) ! I am just wondering if anybody has heard any news on Western or Waterloo. Have they began to interview? 

According to the results section, Western and Waterloo have already sent out their interview invites for clinical psychology. 

Hi Everyone ! 

Congrats! I did as well. Western's interview day is next week, and Waterloo has progressed to face-to-face interviews as well.

Anyone heard anything from York  or know when they will start contacting candidates?

I think they will start contacting candidates soon. They began reviewing applications a couple of weeks ago.

Edited by doefficient

amanda_Fyi: who did you apply to work with at Alberta?

Social and Cultural Psychology, they have a couple of profs with an EP focus which is something I'm really interested in. How about you?

amanda_Fyi: who did you apply to work with at Alberta?

WOW I'm literate. My apologies.

I listed Jeff Schimel, Cor Baerdveldt, and Jennifer Pasey.  I don't have high hopes, nobody responded to my emails. I figured I already paid so many as well apply. 

WOW I'm literate. My apologies.

I listed Jeff Schimel, Cor Baerdveldt, and Jennifer Pasey.  I don't have high hopes, nobody responded to my emails. I figured I already paid so many as well apply. 

Haha, no worries! I'm actually doing my MA (Social and Cultural--what a coincidence!--but none of the profs you mentioned) at the U of A right now, so I thought I'd ask out of curiosity. EP... do you mean evolutionary psychology? Or experimental psychology?

Haha, no worries! I'm actually doing my MA (Social and Cultural--what a coincidence!--but none of the profs you mentioned) at the U of A right now, so I thought I'd ask out of curiosity. EP... do you mean evolutionary psychology? Or experimental psychology?

Wow, what a weird coincidence :) So nice to see!  Sorry, I should of been clear, for me EP psych is Existential-phenomenological :)