MBTI types? Personality test

skgarcia

MBTI  

188 members have voted

1. 1. What MBTI type are you?

Hi everyone. :)

I have an intense curiosity about the Myers-Briggs types.  According to some journal articles I've read, there are types more common among higher levels of education and IQ.  These types are usually introverted intuitive; their type begins with IN.  

Anyone know what their type is?  If you don't, here's the test!

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

I'm an INTJ according to this test, but I've also scored as INTP on others.

I'm interested to hear everyone's replies!

Edited by skgarcia

I generally test INTJ.  I take that test for funsies about once a year.  My type hasn't changed in 6 years or so.  It's my own mini-experiment.  :lol:

I'm interested in the responses as well since INTJ is suppose to only make up 2%-4% of people that take the test and the other INs are all less than 5%.

I'm such an ISFP.

People close to me are always surprised that I say I'm introverted. I'm loud and fun and energetic, but I vastly prefer my alone time. It probably stems from being a weird only child. :)

I always test as INFJ, but sometimes wonder if I'm an INTJ. According to MTBI's own manual, they are 75% accurate, so it's possible we may test as one personality type but overlap another.

I added a poll.  Everyone submit your answers! :)

I read a lot of psychology articles, and apparently a large majority of gifted college students are either INTJ or INTP.  Not that others can't be gifted or are not gifted, these types are most prevalent among gifted data.  Coincidentally, these types are also the rarest.  As someone else mentioned, INxx types are rare, period.  So what's the gist here?  The rarest types are abundant among gifted IQ scores and higher education.  There has to be some kind of similarity in the way our brains download and process reality.

I love to theorize on the personality characteristics of intelligence in my spare time, and another thread in the lobby right now made me want to ask this.

Just for fun as well, was anyone else in the gifted program during school?  I'd LOVE to hear what personality types were in gifted programs.  As I already said, I'm an INTJ and I was in the gifted program.

Edited by skgarcia

Obviously everyone's gonna claim they're a socially awkward, introverted genius. It's GradCafe. We read old SOP's in our free time. 

Ha.  :lol: I'm not quite sure I want to lay claim to that label at all. And I believe that proclaiming "genius" would be an issue of humility and self-awareness (e.g. who really thinks they're that brilliant?!), not MBTI type.  ;)

Obviously everyone's gonna claim they're a socially awkward, introverted genius. It's GradCafe. We read old SOP's in our free time. 

Hey being introverted does not equal being socially awkward. We just like to spend some time alone, or alone together - it's actually nice to just be with other person/people and each does their own things. And I never claimed to be a genius. I'm tempted to, but I know better.

On the main topic, I'm either a ISFJ or ISTJ; neither sounds particularly intellectual or sciency.

P.S I read GradCafe in my free time.

I scored a 130 on the Q section of the GRE, 160 V and 6 writing.  Why be mean, man?  I never said I'm a genius, I was just in the gifted program in school.

Oh, I definitely was not teasing you, just responding to Gnome Chomsky's silly comment about whether members will come here to declare themselves "genius[es]". Like you, I too was in the Gifted and Talented Education program as a child. Nevertheless, I do not believe there is much that we can read into that label. There is a dearth of information about the value of these programs, different States have different testing requirements (some even have none), and the resources you receive through membership vary. 

I added a poll.  Everyone submit your answers! :)

I read a lot of psychology articles, and apparently a large majority of gifted college students are either INTJ or INTP.  Not that others can't be gifted or are not gifted, these types are most prevalent among gifted data.  Coincidentally, these types are also the rarest.  As someone else mentioned, INxx types are rare, period.  So what's the gist here?  The rarest types are abundant among gifted IQ scores and higher education.  There has to be some kind of similarity in the way our brains download and process reality.

I love to theorize on the personality characteristics of intelligence in my spare time, and another thread in the lobby right now made me want to ask this.

Just for fun as well, was anyone else in the gifted program during school?  I'd LOVE to hear what personality types were in gifted programs.  As I already said, I'm an INTJ and I was in the gifted program.

What do we do when we oscillate between 2 types? The link to the test you posted earlier literally said I have no difference between T & F!

Oh, I definitely was not teasing you, just responding to Gnome Chomsky's silly comment about whether members will come here to declare themselves "genius[es]". Like you, I too was in the Gifted and Talented Education program as a child. Nevertheless, I do not believe there is much that we can read into that label. There is a dearth of information about the value of these programs, different States have different testing requirements (some even have none), and the resources you receive through membership vary. 

I know you weren't, I was responding to Gnome.  I was even just about to say, in accordance with what you've just posted, there isn't much of a prestige to being labeled "gifted" as it is--some of my peers in the program are not people I would've pegged for it.  I was just curious in relation to the MBTI test. 

I guess I just don't understand why some people go out of their way to be mean to others.  What do you get out of it?  Gnome, you hurt my feelings, for sure, and all I wanted to do was discuss an interesting topic to me.  What was the point of your comment? 

What do we do when we oscillate between 2 types? The link to the test you posted earlier literally said I have no difference between T & F!

I'd probably read between the two types and go with the one that subjectively feels "right."

Guest Gnome Chomsky

I know you weren't, I was responding to Gnome.  I was even just about to say, in accordance with what you've just posted, there isn't much of a prestige to being labeled "gifted" as it is--some of my peers in the program are not people I would've pegged for it.  I was just curious in relation to the MBTI test. 

I guess I just don't understand why some people go out of their way to be mean to others.  What do you get out of it?  Gnome, you hurt my feelings, for sure, and all I wanted to do was discuss an interesting topic to me.  What was the point of your comment?

You just kept tooting your own horn and basically ruled out anyone who isn't an INTJ.

The latter half of your post makes me believe you should change that INTJ to INFJ.  ;)

But honestly, I believe it was in jest. Furthermore, you can logically see how your comments could be misread as boastful by someone who lacks context regarding your personality, tone, etc. Personally, I could care less whether you (or I, for that matter) received any title at any time...others may care more and may take mere mention as rudeness. Couple that opportunity for confusion with someone who has a heavy-handed disposition and brusque sense of humor, and you have the situation that played out above.

Definitely don't take it to heart--in fact, let it go completely. The topic continues to be interesting regardless and I'm very glad that you started it.  :) 

Haha, my Feeling is very developed for an INTJ.  I also like to take enneagram quizzes, and I'm a very odd INTJ type.  I'm an INTJ-4w:  Individualist: sensitive, withdrawn type; intuitive, artistic, aesthetic, self-absorbed, and depressive.

Thank you for your kindness.  I hope everyone else enjoys it too!

Edited by skgarcia

hollaaa at my fellow INFJs. i sometimes test as an INFP, but that's when i'm being moody & mother nature/estrogen is winning. -__-

Edit: does anyone know their OCEAN/Big 5  scores? i know i score moderately high on openness, & rather high on conscientiousness, but i can't remember the rest.

Edited by pears