Welcome to the 2014-15 Cycle

Poli92

I know of schools thst give 30k

Very few, without RAships or TAships. Standard stipend at duke for summer and first year is about 26 I think? There are other fellowships etc that every student receives, but that's the stipend.

Meanwhile wisconsin is purportedly 11k?!!!

Side question, because the flood of personal responses via email has been a bit difficult to track and I'm at work:

Can anyone help me fill in the below list correctly?

WashU - Someone via email said end of next week?

Yale - Results page indicates end of Feb, maybe early March

Princeton - ??? Looks like historically last week of february?

Columbia - end of february?? Not sure either.

UCLA - End of next week.

On 2/5/2015 at 12:09 PM, testingtesting said:

Side question, because the flood of personal responses via email has been a bit difficult to track and I'm at work:

UCLA - End of next week.

Yesterday, someone posted that WashU St. Louis would probably be end of this week or beginning of next week based on communication with the department. Their website also states that their goal is to release decisions by the first week of February.

and I know of schools that pay ~13k :P

I deliberately avoided a couple of schools that would have been a good fit but seem to generally offer low funding. Off the top of my head I think Texas - Austin was one. Probably not such an issue for Americans though, I'll have to go home sometime and internationals aren't eligible for as many scholarships and grants...

Yeah, I crossed George Washington University off my list, despite the fact I would have loved to work with Sarah Binder, precisely because they have a reputation for being stingy with funding. If I'm going to be at a place for 5+ years, I want to be able to not have to be constantly worried about scraping just enough together to get by.

Yeah, I crossed George Washington University off my list, despite the fact I would have loved to work with Sarah Binder, precisely because they have a reputation for being stingy with funding. If I'm going to be at a place for 5+ years, I want to be able to not have to be constantly worried about scraping just enough together to get by.

I imagine working with Sarah Binder is hard. I've been in DC for a few years and she is ALWAYS at think tank events. Also, DC is a terrible place to live, in my opinion, if you don't make good money.

UCLA - End of next week.

For UCLA, the school should start sending emails today and tomorrow. Although, I haven't heard anything yet. 

UCLA - End of next week.

As per the results page, Columbia is going to be mid-february this year.

UCLA - End of next week.

Confirming what is on the results page, but Yale should be middle to end of February.