Welcome to the 2014-15 Cycle

Poli92

Well I can officially say I heard back from a school, and was rejected by WashU. Oh well! I knew it was a long shot to begin with, but I can say it is relieving to hear from a school, even though it was a generic rejection. 

Sorry to hear DubbyTee and Evgeny. Hoping you both get an acceptance soon - plenty of good wishes going your way. 

Good day for me though - fficially got accepted to UNC. Big relief, that might be MY number one.

Thank you very much for that. And congrats on getting into UNC, and even more congrats considering it might be your number one. 

I am waiting on Oklahoma, my number one, and I think there is a very good shot I can get in there, but decisions aren't expected till March 1. Just need to wait it out a little longer. 

Congrats to all of you who got accepted. I still have no word from 11 schools. Some who already posted acceptances have my applications as under review. This wait is really something else. I lost 3 pounds over the last week.

Congrats to all of you who got accepted. I still have no word from 11 schools. Some who already posted acceptances have my applications as under review. This wait is really something else. I lost 3 pounds over the last week.

Hahah in the same boat, although I'm awaiting on 8 schools.  I received an email notification today......but sadly it was Expedia asking me to complete a survey!  Oh the wait continues.........

Edited by letsgo2015

Very few, without RAships or TAships. Standard stipend at duke for summer and first year is about 26 I think? There are other fellowships etc that every student receives, but that's the stipend.

Meanwhile wisconsin is purportedly 11k?!!!

Wow. I really hope that's not the case with Wisconsin.  :wacko:

I was digging through the forum for information on funding, and I came across this thread, where multiple people affirmed that. It's even worse - apparently student fees take another thousand out of that.

On the plus side, supposedly their health insurance is crazy good, if that's a high priority for anyone...

On 2/5/2015 at 5:06 PM, letsgo2015 said:

Hahah in the same boat, although I'm awaiting on 8 schools.  I received an email notification today......but sadly it was Expedia asking me to complete a survey!  Oh the wait continues.........

I wish there was an official date by which all schools have to provide their answers. Even if it would be in late March. At least this way I would have some peace of mind knowing that on that day I will either know and be celebrate, or not. 

But I also understand that this would not be feasible. Patience I guess. 

Congrats to all WashU admits. Guess those of us who are still waiting on one need exactly that. One good program with a good admission offer. 

Didn't apply but exciting!

A Harvard acceptance posted...  :o

I think 6 programs have outright or implicitly rejected me at this point, which would be terrible except that IT ONLY TAKES ONE and I've got that - I hope you all do too by the end of the process. Maintain cautious optimism everyone! Note: given that I applied to 14 places, have 6 rejections at relatively lower ranked places than where I have been accepted, I could well get 12 rejections. That has to be some sort of record, right?

So, UCLA tomorrow.  Dun dun dunnnnnnnn. 

No way I buy those Harvard postings.  Harvard has never sent out acceptances before 2/19 going back to 2010.  Plus they all say "Political Science" instead of "Government," which is a rare mistake to make according to historical postings. Those are trolls.

I don't even know what to think anymore. 

Does anyone know how frequently visit days tend to conflict with each other? I was accepted to WUSTL today and would like to tell them I will be attending the visit days, but should I wait to hear back from other schools to make sure they aren't the same days? The email indicated that we had until February 20th to let them know, but also that we should tell them as soon as possible. I'm thrilled with the acceptance and very interested in their program, so I don't want to send the wrong message by waiting too long to respond re:visit days, but if any of them conflict, I'd like to be able to consider my options. Any input appreciated, and best of luck to those of you still waiting.