Welcome to the 2014-15 Cycle

Poli92

No way I buy those Harvard postings.  Harvard has never sent out acceptances before 2/19 going back to 2010.  Plus they all say "Political Science" instead of "Government," which is a rare mistake to make according to historical postings. Those are trolls.

True, I might have put Political Science, but you would think at least one of them would have put government.  

Did you get the rejection through e-mail? Still silent on my end. 

No. I logged on to the application page. There was a link to the decision. 

If it is silence than that is good I presume. Maybe you are still on the waitlist? 

No way I buy those Harvard postings.  Harvard has never sent out acceptances before 2/19 going back to 2010.  Plus they all say "Political Science" instead of "Government," which is a rare mistake to make according to historical postings. Those are trolls.

This!

Saw USC postings on results page.. Should I presume the silence on my end a rejection?

I try not to panic as many said in this forum, and many of you posted very comforting posts, which helped me tremendously through my first cycle. But still, this is difficult.. Well, I still hope to hear from some schools I applied but seem did not announce their decisions yet. Good luck everyone.

Saw USC postings on results page.. Should I presume the silence on my end a rejection?

I try not to panic as many said in this forum, and many of you posted very comforting posts, which helped me tremendously through my first cycle. But still, this is difficult.. Well, I still hope to hear from some schools I applied but seem did not announce their decisions yet. Good luck everyone.

It looks as if they accept/waitlist and then inform everybody else relatively promptly (a couple of days later.. judging by the results page). So I guess we'll find out soon enough... 

In at Rochester.

That said, I think I should take a break from these forums for a while. I'm genuinely happy for all of you, but I had a bit of a mental hiccup yesterday with the combination of WashU and the (expected) low funding at Wisconsin. I wish all of you the best of luck, and I hope to have more good news whenever I return. I'm also looking forward to meeting some of you at various accepted students weekends. May the odds be ever in your favor.

In at Rochester.

That said, I think I should take a break from these forums for a while. I'm genuinely happy for all of you, but I had a bit of a mental hiccup yesterday with the combination of WashU and the (expected) low funding at Wisconsin. I wish all of you the best of luck, and I hope to have more good news whenever I return. I'm also looking forward to meeting some of you at various accepted students weekends. May the odds be ever in your favor.

Sorry to hear that, it can definitely be frustrating at times. Hope you can be productive and take your mind off this for a while. We could probably all use a break, to be honest. Edited by ARealDowner

Who can claim the Boston admit?

I emailed the graduate coordinator yesterday and I was told the first round decisions will be out in the next two weeks..

Considering the Harvard troll, it's likely that someone is having fun with the Boston area schools right now..

Just got another automated notice from UCSD saying that I had been rejected . . . again. I guess they just really wanted to make it clear that, not by any stretch of the imagination, am I admitted. 

Thanks, UCSD. I got it the first time. 

Haha I got that too! Although I think if you look at the 'messaging' tab, its because they wanted to encourage us to apply for their (probably high-tuition) M.A program. Thanks, but having already paid through the nose for one M.A, I think I've had enough!

Btw, congrats on the UCLA and Washington admits guys!

Edited by NYCBluenose

Congrats! Some list of schools you have to choose from!

when did you hear from UVA?

Thanks! I heard from the Fellowship coordinator at Virginia on Wednesday, from DGS yesterday. A little backwards but I'm not really complaining. 

Thanks! I heard from the Fellowship coordinator at Virginia on Wednesday, from DGS yesterday. A little backwards but I'm not really complaining.

Right on, mate :)

I will tell myself that they must have decided to notify those who received bonus fellowships first ;) lol