Welcome to the 2014-15 Cycle

Poli92

There should be a place, besides my bed, where people who are having a PhD-driven existential crisis PRIOR to even entering the program could hide and cower in uncertainty and self-doubt. Life would be marginally easier.

The bar?

Comparative as well.  Hmm perhaps we're on to something -- anyone else not heard/subfield?

Also comparative, also haven't heard anything. Not sure I'd read too much into this, though, as we constitute a pretty small sample size. Hopeful, though!

Also comparative, also haven't heard anything. Not sure I'd read too much into this, though, as we constitute a pretty small sample size. Hopeful, though!

Also comparative, haven't heard.  I also that just speaks volumes about how many people are rejected, however.

Also comparative, haven't heard.  I also that just speaks volumes about how many people are rejected, however.

Also comparative and trying to be hopeful.  There is an acceptance for comparative up on the board already so I don't think they're holding back based off subfield...

Rejected from Vanderbilt. The DGS cc'd everyone on the email with the subject line "Disappointing news from Vanderbilt political science."

Someone replied all to let them know he got accepted somewhere else.

Love this move.

1. I wish I had the cajones to do this in my cycle.

2. I hope this person let them know that he got accepted somewhere better.

Edited by BigTenPoliSci

Hi, when did Virginia send out notifications?

They sent out a couple of offers on Feb 5th to people that the department was also nominating for outside fellowships. Most offers, however, will be forthcoming--by the end of the month, I believe.

Also wait listed at princeton. Isn't this the part where we engage in a Coasean bargain where one of us pays the other off to leave the waitlist ;)

Depends. Are you an Americanist? If not, we're probably better off taking our bargaining elsewhere.

Best of luck to you!  

They sent out a couple of offers on Feb 5th to people that the department was also nominating for outside fellowships. Most offers, however, will be forthcoming--by the end of the month, I believe.

Did your portal announcement change or was it only the email? Thanks and congrats!! :)

Did your portal announcement change or was it only the email? Thanks and congrats!! :)

Oh, I wish that I was one of those already with an offer in hand. My post was only based off of the information of the results page combined with some of the posts from people on here who received offers. So, hopefully one of those people can answer your question ;)