Fall 2015 Acceptances (and Rejections) Thread

Anonymona

Ewok, sorry to hear. I also just got my Berkeley rejection, so that's 0-2. Does anyone know how you word an email to one of your is it called poi's(?) about what was wrong w/your application? I have some idea, but even a sentence or 2 in an email from that prof would at least be informative and UCB was my top choice.  Maxine and MBDT, isn't it possible you're waitlisted? You should probably contact them  and ask, if you were, good luck.  

Edited by breaks0

Looks like Berkeley sent out their acceptances & rejections -- am I the only one who hasn't heard from Berkeley Soc at all? Did I forget to apply?  :o

i too have not heard back from berk..

They might be a little nervous about this incoming cohort. From my convo with Duke this week, it sounds like their cohort last year was way too big, so their goal this year is a total of 6. Did you hear the same thing when you talked to them?

Yes, that's why they called me asking me about the probability that I would go there.

Well. I haven't been rejected from Berkeley. Yet. The day is still young on the west coast however. Did I not pay may app fee?

Sounds like you made it past the first reject pile!  ;)  There are a few others reporting no news also.  In this instance, I'd say, no news is good news.

I'm also wondering... Did they send all acceptances?

Wondering the same.. Appears that one person got an acceptance e-mail today. Some of us are probably on the "bubble" until people start to accept/reject offers

Has anyone over 30 been accepted into a program? Over 25? Are there any age-related statistics out there?

I'm curious about the role age (may or may not) play in admissions after a conversation with a POI yesterday.

I'm in my 40s and there are several students my age in my program. I'm in communication but I take sociology classes at my university too. At least one student is my age over there.

Well. I haven't been rejected from Berkeley. Yet. The day is still young on the west coast however. Did I not pay may app fee?

I haven't heard from Berkeley. My web status hasn't changed either. Wondering what is going on there.

Anyone have contacts there and could provide some insights?

I seriously hope so. I've been obsessing over Michigan all week!

Me too! I would be so sad if they reject me. For the past years, it seems that the decisions all came out on February 1st. But for this year, February 1st is this coming Sunday. So I guess it would be either tomorrow or next Monday...

I think it was fake. Super low GRE scores and dumb comment about promising to twerk.. 

I second this. From previous years, it seems that Harvard normally notified its 20 some finalists for interviews in early February, and the 10 or so offically admitted students were notified by phone calls. 

I haven't heard from Berkeley. My web status hasn't changed either. Wondering what is going on there.

Anyone have contacts there and could provide some insights?

for realzies, plz hook us up !

I second this. From previous years, it seems that Harvard normally notified its 20 some finalists for interviews in early February, and the 10 or so offically admitted students were notified by phone calls.

Yeah, it's certainly fake.

Hi everyone, I have been watching on here for months. Deciding to join in on the conversation now. Applied to 11 PhD programs and 1 Masters. I saw on the admissions decisions that 2 people were accepted to U of Cincinnati yesterday. I applied and am very anxious to hear from them. Can anyone claim the acceptances? Maybe let me know how they found out and their stats and research interests? I am so nervous now.. I haven't gotten a rejection yet either though so hopefully there is still hope! 

Edited by sociology112